ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you think about the Brian Roberts Rumor?

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,468

What do you think about the Brian Roberts Rumor? 

Post#1 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 24, 2007 12:02 am

Roberts hits better against Righties, Easley hits better against Lefties. Roberts gives us even more speed & stolen bases.

I think he'd make us better, but I wonder what we'd give up to get him. Would Milledge be enough? Too Much?
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,884

Post#2 » by Jose7 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:04 am

I'd trade Milledge for him as long as we rob them of a pitching prospect.

He is in his prime, only 29 years old.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
majorleads
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by majorleads » Thu May 24, 2007 12:06 am

I'd trade Milledge for him and put Easley in a platoon with Delgado at first until he works out the kinks.
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#4 » by Abraham Lincoln » Thu May 24, 2007 2:37 am

I thought Milledge is a top prospect. Now you guyes want to deal him for Brian Roberts? What happened?
majorleads
Banned User

Post#5 » by majorleads » Thu May 24, 2007 2:56 am

Abraham Lincoln wrote:I thought Milledge is a top prospect. Now you guyes want to deal him for Brian Roberts? What happened?

First of all, we're not trading him for garbage and secondly, we have 2 other MUCH MUCH MUCH better outfield prospects in Gomez and Martinez. With Beltran in center, we're set.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#6 » by Manhattan Project » Thu May 24, 2007 3:24 am

Abraham Lincoln wrote:I thought Milledge is a top prospect. Now you guyes want to deal him for Brian Roberts? What happened?

Some people like Gomez and Martinez more then Milledge, and with his subtle mishaps thus far it would seem he is on the block. Brian Roberts would fit this team nicely, however im not sure if im giving up Milledge for him personally.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#7 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 am

majorleads wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

First of all, we're not trading him for garbage and secondly, we have 2 other MUCH MUCH MUCH better outfield prospects in Gomez and Martinez. With Beltran in center, we're set.

:crazy: :crazy: You can get alot better than Brian Roberts for Lastings Milledge. It's crazy to settle for Roberts when you can aim higher and probably get somebody of more value (a front of the rotation pitcher, maybe).
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#8 » by krustytheclown » Thu May 24, 2007 3:32 am

where did you hear about this?!
majorleads
Banned User

Post#9 » by majorleads » Thu May 24, 2007 3:45 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:crazy: :crazy: You can get alot better than Brian Roberts for Lastings Milledge. It's crazy to settle for Roberts when you can aim higher and probably get somebody of more value (a front of the rotation pitcher, maybe).

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

First of all, quality outfielders are a dime a dozen. Secondly, Milledge is not getting us a front of the rotation pitcher. Are you high? Third, quality second basemen are VERY hard to come by. Fourth, Roberts gets TONS of extra base hits. Fifth, Roberts has SPEED. Sixth, Roberts is a switch hitter which makes him perfect for the 2 hole behind Reyes. Seven, Roberts doesn't make errors. Eight, Roberts is in the prime of his career. Nine, Roberts is hot as hell right now. Ten, Milledge hasn't done sh*t in the majors.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#10 » by blueNorange » Thu May 24, 2007 4:07 am

Whoever said Omar will trade Milledge for Roberts?? Got this from Rotoworld

The New York Post is reporting that the Orioles are interested in making a trade with the Mets for Chan Ho Park.

Park is currently pitching for Triple-A New Orleans after getting shelled in his latest major league opportunity. The Mets would likely be happy to send Park to the O's for cash, a bucket of balls, or possibly a player to be named later.

Now I know it won't be Park for Roberts straight up but it wouldn't cost us a blue chip prospect for Roberts. Besides the Orioles GM is a bafoon!
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#11 » by DocZaius » Thu May 24, 2007 5:52 am

eck

don't think we really need another guy for our boppers to leave on base
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,468

Post#12 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 24, 2007 8:39 am

marbury2curry wrote:where did you hear about this?!

The Robers Rumor is out there, somebody brought it up in another thread and I thought I saw it in wiretap or something, but I could be wrong about that. I saw it a couple of places.

The Milledge idea - isn't a rumor, just a question. I'd personaly be hesitant, but at the same time, we do have an outfield glut and Roberts would fit in nicely. I don't know how I feel about it. But, without question, it makes us better this season.

As a fan, I'd really like to see what Milledge can do, but I also realize that with Endy and Gomez both looking good - it's awful crowded right now.
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#13 » by Flaming Mo » Thu May 24, 2007 10:33 am

Man, having Roberts on your team would give the Mets CRAZY speed. Reyes and Chavez are already nasty paired with Beltran and Wright in the middle.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#14 » by Lord Commander » Thu May 24, 2007 1:48 pm

Heard this proposal from another site - Milledge, Heilman, and Vargas for Roberts and Erik Bedard. That I would do. We also get back a young, in his prime, middle of the rotation lefty to replace Galvin for next year. Hey, Duquette has done more stupid things :x
majorleads
Banned User

Post#15 » by majorleads » Thu May 24, 2007 4:07 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:Heard this proposal from another site - Milledge, Heilman, and Vargas for Roberts and Erik Bedard. That I would do. We also get back a young, in his prime, middle of the rotation lefty to replace Galvin for next year. Hey, Duquette has done more stupid things :x

We're not trading Heilman right now. We need him in bullpen. Also I doubt the Orioles are trading one of their better starting pitchers now.

And people vastly underestimate what a guy like Roberts can do for us. I've already listed all of his attributes and, it's those scrappy types who are the ones that usually are most successful in the playoffs. We saw it first hand against the Cardinals.

Roberts>>>>>>>>>>>>Milledge

yeah I said it.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#16 » by cmaff051 » Thu May 24, 2007 4:22 pm

We're not trading Heilman right now. We need him in bullpen. Also I doubt the Orioles are trading one of their better starting pitchers now.

And people vastly underestimate what a guy like Roberts can do for us. I've already listed all of his attributes and, it's those scrappy types who are the ones that usually are most successful in the playoffs. We saw it first hand against the Cardinals.

yeah I said it.

David Eckstein > Chase Utley

:crazy:
majorleads
Banned User

Post#17 » by majorleads » Thu May 24, 2007 4:54 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

David Eckstein > Chase Utley

:crazy:

Ehhh you don't get it.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by krustytheclown » Thu May 24, 2007 6:54 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Robers Rumor is out there, somebody brought it up in another thread and I thought I saw it in wiretap or something, but I could be wrong about that. I saw it a couple of places.

The Milledge idea - isn't a rumor, just a question. I'd personaly be hesitant, but at the same time, we do have an outfield glut and Roberts would fit in nicely. I don't know how I feel about it. But, without question, it makes us better this season.

As a fan, I'd really like to see what Milledge can do, but I also realize that with Endy and Gomez both looking good - it's awful crowded right now.

ahh, thank you.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by krustytheclown » Thu May 24, 2007 6:56 pm

yeah I said it.

i think joe smith can fill the role of set up man perfectly..hes proven capable thus far and we'll have mota back soon too.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,981

Post#20 » by Manhattan Project » Thu May 24, 2007 7:12 pm

Yeah getting Bedard in that deal would be highway robbery, another good lefty like him would be fantastic. However it is just a rumor and I doubt anything happens.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis

Return to New York Mets