ImageImageImageImageImage

Carlos Delgado

randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Carlos Delgado 

Post#1 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:34 pm

What's you're opinon on him?

I was never really a fan of his. Last year his avg was way down, and was streaky. But he did have 30+ hr's and over 100 rbi's so i couldn't really complain. But i thought he was too K prone, and he should focus on just hitting the ball, then going for the long ball.

this year he seems to be exactly the same. way to streaky i think. i think he's actually one of (if not thee) main reason this lineup isn't a consistent juggernut. if he played the way he did 2 yrs ago, we'd be in very good shape. the injuries defintely hurt. but wright is stepping up. delgado hit a few hr's but that's about it. nothing more nothing less.

i'm not optimistic about the guys in the minor leagues either. but i don't want delgado on the team next year as a everyday player.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#2 » by DocZaius » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:38 pm

he looks done

his good games are few and far in between

he clearly should not be a cleanup hitter any more
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#3 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:43 pm

he aint done, not even close youll c
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#4 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:24 pm

A healthy Delgado makes this offense 10x better, just right now he is not getting the job done. He has been put in a bunch of important at bats and has failed to come through but not a chance im writing him off yet.

I mean who is a realistic target for those that want him gone? Moving Shawn Green there wont help us either really...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
YungNeef
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#5 » by YungNeef » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:27 pm

He might not be done, but he is a waste hitting clean up this season. He hit better when he wasn't batting clean up and Willie puts him back where he was sucking. i wish we had Bobby V. right now instead of Willie.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#6 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:37 pm

YungNeef wrote:He might not be done, but he is a waste hitting clean up this season. He hit better when he wasn't batting clean up and Willie puts him back where he was sucking. i wish we had Bobby V. right now instead of Willie.

you cant judge willie on his managerial decisions alone.. fact is hes a great teacher as well. you can see some willie in alot of our youngins. he handles his youth as good as anyone and manages his season to PREPARE for the post season. he doesnt always make the right decisions to win games during the season, but he has a knack for putting guys in positions during the season to test them so he knows what they can do in big spots in big games possibly in the playoffs. cant blame willie for our injuries and pitching/hitting not being on the same page recently. we will get out of it
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#7 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:40 pm

willie's more of a captain then a manager. nothing wrong w/ it. and it's still early in the season. by post-all star break, i don't want/expect to see guys like johnson/gomez/gotay up. he'll be more looking to win and get ready to the post season then to see what we have. you can't help to 2nd guess sometimes...but we are in first so how can you?
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
YungNeef
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#8 » by YungNeef » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:14 pm

Gotay should be up here. He has done nothing but hit(can't get much playing time though). Gomez should go down, because he needs to play everyday before he figures out a level and he won't be able to do that up here. Ben Johnson should just be sold somewhere.

Return to New York Mets