ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade with the Giants?

edney2polynice_
Senior
And1: 0

Trade with the Giants? 

Post#1 » by edney2polynice_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:48 am

Would the mets be interested in any of these players for a playoff push?

Matt Morris, a legit #2 starter.

Ray Durham, a 2nd baseman with good defense & pop.

Randy Winn, A OF who can play all 3 OF positions well. He's a good contact hitter, has decent speed, and gets on base well.

Ryan Klesko, he's hitting very well for us -- don't think he'd be cracking your starting lineup, but could be a great fill-in starter and pitch-hitter.

We'd be interested in Fernando Martinez & Lasting Milledge.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Re: Trade with the Giants? 

Post#2 » by nykgeneralmanager » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:11 am

edney2polynice_ wrote:Would the mets be interested in any of these players for a playoff push?

Matt Morris, a legit #2 starter.

Ray Durham, a 2nd baseman with good defense & pop.

Randy Winn, A OF who can play all 3 OF positions well. He's a good contact hitter, has decent speed, and gets on base well.

Ryan Klesko, he's hitting very well for us -- don't think he'd be cracking your starting lineup, but could be a great fill-in starter and pitch-hitter.

We'd be interested in Fernando Martinez & Lasting Milledge.

You're not getting Fernando Martinez, regardless of who the Giants could offer up.

The Giants can probably land Milledge because he hasn't done much in the past 2 years or so, I can see him being dealt for Morris if Omar really feels this pitching is going to hold the team back (which I think it is).
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#3 » by edney2polynice_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:14 am

I figured Martinez would be a hard catch, but just testing the waters.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#4 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:29 am

the mets wouldnt trade lastings for matt morris.. and martinez is one of the top prospects in all of baseball and is just 18, you think the mets would trade him let alone for those bums you just mentioned? cmon...
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#5 » by edney2polynice_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:17 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:the mets wouldnt trade lastings for matt morris.. and martinez is one of the top prospects in all of baseball and is just 18, you think the mets would trade him let alone for those bums you just mentioned? cmon...

bums? They are far from bums, but if you feel that they can't net either Milledge or Martinez you could've said so w/o being rude.

It was just a mere inquiry on your team and pieces you are looking for.

and it's not like Mets aren't willing to gamble the future for the present...

Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 953

Post#6 » by KnicksManiac » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:17 am

I can see the Mets trading Milledge for Morris (7-3, 2.56 ERA) and Durham (37 RBIs, more than anyone on the Mets except Delgado) if we get desperate.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#7 » by randomhero423 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:44 am

it depends on how alou is. wen lastings comes back and plays really well, and his stock rises. i see the mets trying to get a guy like big z or oswalt.
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#8 » by DocZaius » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:46 pm

Add Lincecum and Cain, then we start talk on Fernando or Milledge.
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#9 » by edney2polynice_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:05 pm

DocZaius wrote:Add Lincecum and Cain, then we start talk on Fernando or Milledge.

Good pitching is a lot harder to find.

I can see your point with Fernando, but Milledge?

I could see a deal with Milledge and Morris as the main pieces.
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#10 » by YungNeef » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:27 pm

The Kazmir for Zambrano was before we made Minaya the GM. The trade also led to the current GM(now with the O's) being fired. Only way the Giants would even get Minaya to talk about moving Nando, is if they came to him offering Lincecum, Cain, and probably plenty more. As for Milledge, I don't even know what his value is to us. Omar wouldn't trade him for Zito, so he might not be willing to move him for Morris.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#11 » by Lord Commander » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:53 pm

That must be some good weed you have in SF. There is no way in hell FMart gets dealt under any circumstances. He's as close to untouchable as there is. Milledge and maybe some other low level prospects for Wynn and/or Morris but FMart is steadily making his way to the top of baseballs prospect list and I'd be surprised if if weren't in our starting OF by 2009.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#12 » by nykgeneralmanager » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:46 pm

YungNeef wrote:The Kazmir for Zambrano was before we made Minaya the GM. The trade also led to the current GM(now with the O's) being fired. Only way the Giants would even get Minaya to talk about moving Nando, is if they came to him offering Lincecum, Cain, and probably plenty more. As for Milledge, I don't even know what his value is to us. Omar wouldn't trade him for Zito, so he might not be willing to move him for Morris.

That's a big stretch, the Giants would be foolish to trade either Cain straight up for Martinez OR Lincecum straight up for Martinez, none the less both.
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#13 » by YungNeef » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm

I know that, I'm saying thats the only way Martinez would ever come up in talks with them.
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#14 » by edney2polynice_ » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:14 pm

YungNeef wrote:The Kazmir for Zambrano was before we made Minaya the GM. The trade also led to the current GM(now with the O's) being fired. Only way the Giants would even get Minaya to talk about moving Nando, is if they came to him offering Lincecum, Cain, and probably plenty more. As for Milledge, I don't even know what his value is to us. Omar wouldn't trade him for Zito, so he might not be willing to move him for Morris.

Minaya would trade 'nando' & milledge for Cain straight up let alone Lincecum.

Cain is one of the youngest starting SP in baseball, and almost has 2 seasons under his belt. (yes, he's even younger than Lincecum).

But that's a moot point, it would never happen. We can take Ferenando out of the discussion...

You guy's are a legit WS contending team, and we have a few pieces who could help you get to that point. I feel that a Morris-type pitcher could help solidify your staff; and a Durham/Winn bat in your lineup would add some pop & depth.

But no question around it, any trade getting Morris would start with Milledge.

But would the Mets be interested in Morris at that price?
YungNeef
RealGM

Post#15 » by YungNeef » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:37 pm

I doubt Omar would trade Martinez at all and what he would probably ask for no team would give up. Milledge, I would trade him for Cain. I never said I wouldn't trade Milledge for either one of them. As for Martinez, he's our best prospect. 18 years old and holding his own at AA. Don't know if Minaya would be interested in Morris or if he would be interested in moving Milledge at all. Milledge's name comes up in a lot of rumors and he has yet to be moved.
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#16 » by krustytheclown » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:11 am

no thanks on morris
vincanityisdagr8est
Rookie

Post#17 » by vincanityisdagr8est » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:13 am

edney2polynice_ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Good pitching is a lot harder to find.

I can see your point with Fernando, but Milledge?

I could see a deal with Milledge and Morris as the main pieces.

I could see this trade happening as well. Maybe the Giants can throw in Tim Lincecum in the deal.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#18 » by bringinhinkie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:46 am

vincanityisdagr8est wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I could see this trade happening as well. Maybe the Giants can throw in Tim Lincecum in the deal.

:lol: Lincecum is as untouchable as they get. He has superstar written all over him if u ask me. He not exactly a "throw in" unless that was sarcasm. :D
vincanityisdagr8est
Rookie

Post#19 » by vincanityisdagr8est » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:06 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:lol: Lincecum is as untouchable as they get. He has superstar written all over him if u ask me. He not exactly a "throw in" unless that was sarcasm. :D

A little of both, maybe the Mets can throw in Glavine, you know how Brian Sabean loves those guys over 35.
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#20 » by edney2polynice_ » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:35 pm

vincanityisdagr8est wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

A little of both, maybe the Mets can throw in Glavine, you know how Brian Sabean loves those guys over 35.

Unfortunately, this is all too true.

But to mirror a previous post, Lincecum & Cain are both untouchable.

Return to New York Mets