ImageImageImageImageImage

Will we turn this around?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Will we turn this around? 

Post#1 » by Starksfor3 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:40 pm

I've seen this act from the Yankees before but the Red Sox had never been playing this well and 9.5 games back is quite the hill to climb. This team seems older everyday and the bullpen doesn't exactly instill confidence. Our starting rotation should give us a chance when Clemens and Hughes finally arrive but can we survive until then?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#2 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:45 pm

Yes, we will turn this around. Even if we don't win the division, we will make Boston sweat. I still say we win 95 games.
Jitpal
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Jitpal » Fri May 18, 2007 2:50 pm

This team for the past few years always starts off slow. Then we always have streaks of like 10-1 or 12-2 and stuff to get back into it. I still have the faith that we can catch Boston and win the division. Boston is rolling right now but they have plenty of questions. Schilling is 40, can he hold up all year long? Beckett is going to the DL now and will miss two starts. Matsuzaka is a good pitcher, but can he keep up with the rigors of an MLB season, hitters are going to adapt to him, will be able to adapt to hitters after? How long will it take? Other than a couple of guys their defense is pretty crappy. Manny isn't hitting them like he used to, is this just an extended slump or could this be the year that he slows down. Julian Tavarez is not a starting pitcher. I can go on and on. The Red Sox are flawed right now, but so are we. They fixed some flaws last offseason and so did we. I think if we put both of our pitching staffs against eachother and healthy on both sides, I think it is close. Very close. We still have a ton of games against them. The problem is that we are banged up and we just are not hitting. For the most part, our pitching has been good but we just aren't hitting. Either we score like 8 runs and win comfortably or we score 2 and lose by a wide margin. Our players just are doing the scrappy things. They will though, they will pick it up. Remember even in years that we were out by around 8 games, we still came back and won the division by a good margin. The Red Sox havn't had any injuries other than this Beckett one, so far this year, how long do you think that is going to last? -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#4 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 3:03 pm

we need a mean streak
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#5 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 4:22 pm

Wow anyone listen to the ESPN cut.. ?

Tino and Leyritz and Justice on WFAN all said the same thing they aren't playing hard.

and Micheal KAye said the telling is who was benched Damon is healthy but was benched yesterday, Giambi was benched a few times, Robi .. I mean com'on guys play for it. We need that fire the mean streak , stop getting punched in the mouth ..respond.
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#6 » by Starksfor3 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:Wow anyone listen to the ESPN cut.. ?

Tino and Leyritz and Justice on WFAN all said the same thing they aren't playing hard.

and Micheal KAye said the telling is who was benched Damon is healthy but was benched yesterday, Giambi was benched a few times, Robi .. I mean com'on guys play for it. We need that fire the mean streak , stop getting punched in the mouth ..respond.

I think we need one more righty slugger in this lineup to even things out. No wonder we struggle against lefties. The pitching seems to be coming around though. That's good to see.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#7 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 4:26 pm

I want Ronny Paulino from the Pirates as our back up catcher. What do we have to do to get this done.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#8 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:29 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote:I want Ronny Paulino from the Pirates as our back up catcher. What do we have to do to get this done.

Man, is there any Dominican guy you don't want on this team? :crazy: Ronny Paulino doesn't solve our problems, and he isn't worth giving up what the Pirates will want.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#9 » by Jitpal » Fri May 18, 2007 4:56 pm

I posted something similar to this the other day. That we don't have gamers outside of Jeter, Posada, Mo, Pettite, Roger and Hughes. Sometimes guys like Arod, Wang, Melky and even Doug show that mentality but everyone else is just there, collecting the paycheck. I cringe to say it, but they are turning into the Knicks. It really is sad. Damon, Abreu, Giambi and even Matsui all just go up, swing a couple times and go sit back down. Go get their check and chill out. It is really getting sad. -Jitpal
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#10 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 5:11 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Man, is there any Dominican guy you don't want on this team? :crazy: Ronny Paulino doesn't solve our problems, and he isn't worth giving up what the Pirates will want.

he an underrated backup catcher check his number as a backup and he's a RHB power bat
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,198

Post#11 » by moocow007 » Sat May 19, 2007 3:34 am

Yeah...that's what I've been saying for some time now. It's not the losing, everyone loses, it's how they look losing it. They look like their half dead.
DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#12 » by DakkaFromNyc » Sat May 19, 2007 5:34 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah...that's what I've been saying for some time now. It's not the losing, everyone loses, it's how they look losing it. They look like their half dead.

i agree.

I hope the Yanks can really turn this around.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#13 » by NYKnSTILL! » Sat May 19, 2007 5:45 pm

The old man ain't gonna Joe lose too many of these games and live to see it. Be ready guys I can sense it already.

P.S. CLASS A Tampa vs Fort Myers on YES

Tabata looks big, Corona looks good , Miranda does too.
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#14 » by throwbackewing33 » Sun May 20, 2007 4:17 am

I've been trying to stay away from this board for my own sanity. We will definitly put a run together but we need a mean streak!!! :banghead:
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,102

Post#15 » by Pharmcat » Sun May 20, 2007 6:33 pm

short answer: no

long answer: hell no
DakkaFromNyc
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#16 » by DakkaFromNyc » Sun May 20, 2007 6:38 pm

God dam another player on da DL
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#17 » by Abraham Lincoln » Sun May 20, 2007 7:10 pm

No. It's not our year. I think it's over.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#18 » by cmaff051 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:20 pm

Abraham Lincoln wrote:No. It's not our year. I think it's over.

Good. Does that mean you'll finally leave this forum? Go root for the Mets. Hopefully we have a few .500 seasons so we can get rid of bandwagon fans like you.

why are u showing such hostility against others?
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#19 » by Abraham Lincoln » Sun May 20, 2007 7:38 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Good. Does that mean you'll finally leave this forum? You've done nothing but bitch about this team. Go root for the Mets. Hopefully we have a few .500 seasons so we can get rid of bandwagon fans like you.

LOL. I'm going to request you get suspended because all you do here is insult everyone. How's that for bandwagon, buddy boy? Bandwagon...I've been following the Yankees since before you even knew what they were called. Go crawl back from the whole you came under from.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,198

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Mon May 21, 2007 1:18 am

Can both you guys please knock it off? Neither one of you are clean of blame.

Return to New York Yankees