ImageImageImageImageImage

Bidding for Carlos Beltran-Oh Hell no part 2

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Bidding for Carlos Beltran-Oh Hell no part 2 

Post#1 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Nov 9, 2013 2:34 pm

Are you ready for a game of who blinks first? The Yankees, Red Sawx, and Orioles are playing a game to see who is going to be stuck over paying for a 36-year old outfielder due to break down at any minute.

The infatuation for Carlos Beltran goes back to 2004 when the Mets swept in and outbid for his services.

Watching the Mets during those years, the only lingering memory I have of Beltran is having his bat on his shoulder when Wainwright dropped the sinker in for the final out, sending the Cards to the 2006 World Series.

I just don't believe Beltran was that NY player. Don't get me wrong, he's a decent player but not a guy who is a difference maker.

Enter my fear of Yankee GM Brian Cashman who likes these players that present well but much like the Javier Vasquez and Michael Pineda are much better in smaller, less intense cities.

Still think Beltran was better with KC and St. Louis but I'll have a cow if Cashman gives him a 1-year 14M deal with Soriano, Ichiro, Wells, Gardner on the books.

Dear Brian, how about a 3B?
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Bidding for Carlos Beltran-Oh Hell no part 2 

Post#2 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Yanks heating up the talks for Beltran. Ugh, not in favor of this deal unless it's a 1 year deal with a second year option.

Return to New York Yankees