ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Yankees may look to void Giambi's contract

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Abraham Lincoln
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Abraham Lincoln » Sun May 20, 2007 7:12 pm

Why do you keep mentioning Mota and the Mets? Are you trying to make yourself feel better about the albatross contract we have in Giambi?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#22 » by cmaff051 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Abraham Lincoln wrote:Why do you keep mentioning Mota and the Mets? Are you trying to make yourself feel better about the albatross contract we have in Giambi?

In what world is Giambi's contract an albatross? insults not allowed He's got one year left on his contract. I don't consider that an albatross, especially when he has consistently been one of the best hitters in the league.

refrain from insulting other posters
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#23 » by Abraham Lincoln » Sun May 20, 2007 7:40 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

In what world is Giambi's contract an albatross? Are you a moron? He's got one year left on his contract. I don't consider that an albatross, especially when he has consistently been one of the best hitters in the league.

Yep, definitely deserve a suspension. Can't even carry a decent conversation.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#24 » by cmaff051 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:46 pm

Abraham Lincoln wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yep, definitely deserve a suspension. Can't even carry a decent conversation.

I am asking you how Giambi's contract is an albatross? How come you didn't answer that buddy?

Would you consider Beltran's contract an albatross? You have to pay a premium price for premium production, and that's exactly what Giambi has given us.

And it's funny how you call for my suspension when you've been banned before and came back under a different name.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 598

Post#25 » by nyknicks2k2 » Sun May 20, 2007 9:07 pm

gooGD wrote:hwo the **** am i getting high and mighty?

You have, what, 3 posts taking cheap shots at Yankees fans? Seems like you came in with a different purpose aside from arguing this steroids stuff.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#26 » by 34Celtic » Sun May 20, 2007 9:14 pm

Look I agree with what Giambi said. Everyone knew about all the steroid stuff going on, no one did anything about it. IT wasnt until after the BALCO stuff came out that MLB did something. Yeah, the players chose to use this stuff but can you blame them? They found a loophole in the system. If this can help your performance and make you a higher priced player, why not try and gain an edge? Bud Selig knew about steroids in the 90's so did management and owners. Everyone turned away from it because McGwire and Sammy caught the attention of the country and everyone fell in love with them. McGwire had 17 INCH FOREARMS. SEVENTEEN INCHES!!!! It is clear he took steroids. Before you call them cheaters check the rules out. I'm not saying I agree with taking steroids, but there are others to blame than the players.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#27 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:58 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am asking you how Giambi's contract is an albatross? How come you didn't answer that buddy?

Would you consider Beltran's contract an albatross? You have to pay a premium price for premium production, and that's exactly what Giambi has given us.

And it's funny how you call for my suspension when you've been banned before and came back under a different name.

You must have forgot about my question, Abe.
Markos
Starter

Post#28 » by Markos » Mon May 21, 2007 7:49 am

The fact is Giambi cheated to get a huge contract and Cashman was dumb enough to fall for it....

He cheated while with the Yankees, we'll never know if his 2 homeruns in ALCS game 7 were aided by juice.....

Mota was an excellent pitcher even before steroids. Injuries had caused him to pitch exceptionally poor for a year and a half, his steroid suspension coincided with the first time he was healthy, proving that steroids help pitchers by helping to avoid common injuries
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#29 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Mon May 21, 2007 1:27 pm

i screwed that post up[/quote]
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza

Return to New York Yankees