ImageImageImageImageImage

Yankees vs. the JV team - Subway Series game thread

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#321 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 21, 2007 4:11 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This guy is garbage. He's got nothing. He's got a fastball and that is it. And his command sucks.

The NL is truly awful if this guy is considered an ace.

So much venom...you really have a hardon for Maine , huh?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#322 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:14 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So much venom...you really have a hardon for Maine , huh?

I don't think he is a 1.50 ERA good
I don't think he is 2.50 ERA good
I don't think he is 3.50 ERA good
I don't think he is 4.00 ERA good.

I think he'll be a 4.20-4.50 ERA type of pitcher. You should expect more of these types of performances from him... he simply isn't as good as he has looked so far.
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#323 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 21, 2007 4:37 pm

I don't think he is a 1.50 ERA good
I don't think he is 2.50 ERA good
I don't think he is 3.50 ERA good
I don't think he is 4.00 ERA good.

I think he'll be a 4.20-4.50 ERA type of pitcher. You should expect more of these types of performances from him... he simply isn't as good as he has looked so far.

So who on your staff will pitch to a sub-4.00 ERA? Let's wager on this...
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#324 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:24 pm

So who on your staff will pitch to a sub-4.00 ERA? Let's wager on this...

Pettitte and Hughes... and I'd give about a 50% chance that Wang will too. He might sit at around a 4.00 ERA or something..
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#325 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 21, 2007 7:21 pm

Pettitte and Hughes... and I'd give about a 50% chance that Wang will too. He might sit at around a 4.00 ERA or something..

Pettitte's lifetime ERA is 3.79 so if Giambi is giving him some juice, you might be right. As for Hughes, you have no basis to make any projected claims. But even by your own admission/estimates, Maine is at best better than 3/5ths of your staff and at worse, better than 2/5ths. So....why the hate?!?!?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#326 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:34 pm

Pettitte's lifetime ERA is 3.79 so if Giambi is giving him some juice, you might be right.

I said that Pettitte would have an ERA below 4. That falls in right with his career averages. So what is the argument here? :crazy: I like how you got in your own steroid jab too. You live in a glass house so please don't throw any stones.

As for Hughes, you have no basis to make any projected claims.

His minor league career? His dominating stuff? :nonono:

But even by your own admission/estimates, Maine is at best better than 3/5ths of your staff and at worse, better than 2/5ths.

If he was in the AL, he'd be the worst pitcher on the staff

So....why the hate?!?!?

No hate... I just think Maine is overrated highly by many Mets fans.
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#327 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 21, 2007 7:48 pm

No hate... I just think Maine is overrated highly by many Mets fans.

3.79....4.00...you love splitting hairs. That's called statistical insignificance. But my point was that people don't usually exceed their career statistics at Pettitte's age unless they're on something. Sorry you didn't get it :roll:

As for Hughe's minor league stats, go ahead and get your hopes up if you want to but minor league stats don't mean jack in the ML. Hell, he might not even be able to stay healthy (see Kerry Wood and Mark Prior).

We'll never know how he would perform under your pitching coache's (Connors? :dontknow:) tutelage but under Peterson, he is vastly improved from his Oriole days.

At least I got you to move off that "garbage" talk to "overrated... I coul dlive with that. I think Jeter is overrated too but I would neber call him garbage
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#328 » by cmaff051 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:51 pm

As for Hughe's minor league stats, go ahead and get your hopes up if you want to but minor league stats don't mean jack in the ML. Hell, he might not even be able to stay healthy (see Kerry Wood and Mark Prior).

So if he stays healthy, let me guess, Maine > Hughes

We'll never know how he would perform under your pitching coache's (Connors? :dontknow:) tutelage but under Peterson, he is vastly improved from his Oriole days.

He may be improved, but he hasn't improved significantly. The reason why he's gotten "better" is because he plays in the NL.

At least I got you to move off that "garbage" talk to "overrated... I coul dlive with that. I think Jeter is overrated too but I would neber call him garbage

Well, let's compare Maine to Jeter... :wavefinger:
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#329 » by Lord Commander » Mon May 21, 2007 8:04 pm

cmaff051 wrote:So if he stays healthy, let me guess, Maine > Hughes

Time will tell...that's why the games are played. Hughes is talented but calm down until you see how he performs at this level for an entire season...

cmaff051 wrote:He may be improved, but he hasn't improved significantly. The reason why he's gotten "better" is because he plays in the NL

I still don't buy that AL >>>> NL argument but I bet he wins 15 games this year...that's all I ask and expect..

cmaff051 wrote:Well, let's compare Maine to Jeter... :

Huh?!? I was calling you on your choice of terminology I wasn't comparing Maine to Jeter

Return to New York Yankees