ImageImageImageImageImage

OFFICIAL JOE TORRE HAS TO GO THREAD

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#41 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:46 pm

It would be chaos if Torre was fired in the middle of the season. Thats not going to happen unless we remain in last place. Again not going to happen. What I am saying is that next winter, when Torre's contract is up, we need to go in a new direction.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#42 » by cmaff051 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so if We had Girardi or Mattingly managing the team right now you would want them fired? Is that what you're saying?

No, what I am saying that it has been 11 years with Torre on the helm and 6 years without a World Series so far. There needs to be change. Change due to his imcompetent bullpen management. Change just for the sake of change. Whatever. He should be gone at the end of the season.

And no, I don't support firing Joe Torre during the year. Wait until the end of the year. Show him the respect that he deserves. Even though I disagree with him, nobody will deny that under his tenure the Yankees have enjoyed one of the best eras in Yankee baseball. Whether that is due to him or the team that was assembled for him is a debate that is for another thread.

That still doesn't eliminate the fact that I wanted him gone at the end of last year. And I want him gone at the end of this year.

We need to go in a new direction next year.
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#43 » by 34Celtic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:00 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:
so if We had Girardi or Mattingly managing the team right now you would want them fired? Is that what you're saying?

You are missing the point with that statement. There are those of us who have seen why Torre needs to go not just this season so far, but many seasons in the past. There is no more time for giving Joe Torre a chance because he's been here over a decade and he hasn't gotten it done in 6 years. If we had Girardi or Donnie in there it would be different. We'd still criticize but no one would call for their firing because it would have been there first year.

By the way, are you really satisfied with the way Torre has managed so far this year. Be honest --- because I can't see anyone being happy with it. Maybe it'sa just me.

You go from saying that Torre needs to be fired because of the last 6 seasons, then ask me if I am satisfied for what he has done this year. Tell me what place we would be in if Girardi and Mattingly had been managing and Wang, Moose, Karstens, Pavano, Damon, Matsui, and Posada had all missed time with injury. Our bullpen is **** right now and theres nothing Torre can do to fix it. Do you want him to leave our starters like Igawa, Rasner, Chase Wright, etc in there for complete games when they haven't shown they can give us 6 innings yet?
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#44 » by 34Celtic » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:26 am

Oh yeah, its real easy managing a bullpen when you start 5 different rookie pitchers in 20 games. Also when they dont go deep into games and everyone in the bullpen is overused. Give the guy some credit, without ARod right now we might have 4 wins.
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#45 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:08 pm

Oh yeah, its real easy managing a bullpen when you start 5 different rookie pitchers in 20 games. Also when they dont go deep into games and everyone in the bullpen is overused. Give the guy some credit, without ARod right now we might have 4 wins.

It has nothing to do with the rookies and the innings they throw. I understand that most of these guys have pitched well enough to get through only about 4-5 and it sucks but, there are many pitchers in that bullpen and I don't know why guys like Sean Henn come into games and throw 8 pitches in one inning and he has to take him out for Proctor, who has pitched in almost every single game this year. That's just one example dude.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#46 » by 34Celtic » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:43 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

It has nothing to do with the rookies and the innings they throw. I understand that most of these guys have pitched well enough to get through only about 4-5 and it sucks but, there are many pitchers in that bullpen and I don't know why guys like Sean Henn come into games and throw 8 pitches in one inning and he has to take him out for Proctor, who has pitched in almost every single game this year. That's just one example dude.

Not too hard to figure out, they were toying with the idea of making Proctor a starter this offseason. They (the organization, Torre included) believe he is a Ramiro Mendoza type, he can throw 100 innings a year. And right now we have no one to do that.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#47 » by ElMatatan » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:33 pm

yeah he needs to go....
NY State of Mind
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#48 » by 34Celtic » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:49 pm

Because River let up 4 runs in the 9th? Pettitte had a **** start?
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#49 » by throwbackewing33 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:40 pm

Getting rid of torre now would not help us. its just going to cause more turmoil and we will never get our sh*t together to make the playoffs.

Return to New York Yankees