ImageImageImageImageImage

Boston @ New York Game 2

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#41 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed May 23, 2007 1:31 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Because our 3/4th OF are going to be Melky and Thompson. Sanchez was just sent down, Lincecum was called up weeks ago.

and they added two bats in the process so Sanchez had to be sent down. Oh and Bobby Abreu looks so great right now right :-?
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#42 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Wed May 23, 2007 1:36 pm

not again.....

Drop Mussina he sucks. Seriously. Enough. Take him out to the pasture and just shoot him. It's over Johnny.
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#43 » by jeff1624 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:09 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:not again.....

Drop Mussina he sucks. Seriously. Enough. Take him out to the pasture and just shoot him. It's over Johnny.

:sleep:
Dat Leadership
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#44 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Wed May 23, 2007 3:19 pm

It's true he's awful.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#45 » by Chach » Wed May 23, 2007 3:58 pm

Chach wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You know Boston fans can read your board, right?

I would argue that the Sox are no playing over their head. They are getting minimal production from their OF, one is a HOF and the other is a consistant, all-star caliber player, and Coco Crisp is Coco Crisp. The only real spots I see a drop off taking place is the back end of the rotation. Wake has been lights out thus far and will come down to earth and every Tavarez start is living off of borrowed time. But Jon Lester should be back soon to offset Tavarez's crappiness. Mike Lowell and Kevin Youkilis will come down to earth but Lugo, Manny, and Drew will step it up and offset some of that loss. The team will certainly cool off, I can't see them playing .700 ball all season but they are not going to suddenly drop dead. mahalo
~Chach~

Reading is FUNdamental. Of course they won't continue to play .700 ball, I readily admitted that. But I've heard some Yankees fans think that we are all of a sudden going to turn into a .500 team, there is an extremely good chance that they will play around .600 from here on out. Beckett and Okajima's stuff is legit and while their stats may inflate, they will still pitch well. That split finger change that Okaji throws is disgusting and Beckett has finally shown the control of all his pitches that we was missing all last year.

Wake's going to have a couple more rough starts and then go on fire for another month and then lose command again. He is the ultimate yo-yo pitcher so it's expected he won't pitch like this for the rest of the season. And if you really think that Drew and Lugo are .240 hitters with minimal power, I question how much baseball you've been watching. Lugo hit all his career up until he was traded to the Dodgers and Drew has never had an issue with hitting but staying healthy. No way either the Red Sox (or the Yankees for that matter) would give multi-year, 8 figure contracts to .240 hitters. mahalo
~Chach~
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#46 » by cmaff051 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:03 pm

I forgot, Okajima is going to keep his 0.48 ERA and Beckett is going to keep his sub 3 ERA... my bad. Also, Tim Wakefield is going to be a 3 ERA pitcher. Whoops.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#47 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 23, 2007 6:09 pm

Hey cmaff, I'll trade you Maine for Mussina straight-up, right now. What do you say? :lol: :lol:

You'd probably take a bag of baseballs right now, huh?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#48 » by cmaff051 » Wed May 23, 2007 6:11 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:Hey cmaff, I'll trade you Maine for Mussina straight-up, right now. What do you say? :lol: :lol:

You'd probably take a bag of baseballs right now, huh?

Mussina is still better than Maine. 26 innings doesn't change that.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#49 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Mussina is still better than Maine. 26 innings doesn't change that.

We'll see. You've got a tough stretch coming up with LA, Toronto, and Boston. I'll check with you again in a couple weeks.
Chach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by Chach » Wed May 23, 2007 8:12 pm

cmaff051 wrote:I forgot, Okajima is going to keep his 0.48 ERA and Beckett is going to keep his sub 3 ERA... my bad. Also, Tim Wakefield is going to be a 3 ERA pitcher. Whoops.

Do you not read everyone's entire post or do you simply do so because I am a Red Sox fan?

Beckett and Okajima's stuff is legit and while their stats may inflate, they will still pitch well.

Okajima is going to give up more than two runs this year and will probably settle in with an ERA in the mid 2s and Beckett will settle in the mid 3s, where his career in Florida projected him to end a good year. Their stats have been out of this world and they are going to give up more runs as the year goes on. But they can still be pitching extremely well with slightly inflated ERAs. Let me see if I can make things completely clear because I don't want any miscommunications:

The Red Sox are playing over their head. They will not continue to play .700 baseball all season. Some of their pitchers and hitters are playing over their heads and having career years. However, the team is not firing on all cylinders. Some players can clearly improve their play. Because of that, this team will not completely fall apart but play around a .600 baseball level from here on out. If they do that, they will win about 101 wins. This team is not super human but you have not seen everything that they have to offer. Any better? mahalo
~Chach~

Return to New York Yankees