Yanks trade the cisco kid

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Yanks trade the cisco kid 

Post#1 » by Yankeeknickfan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:20 pm

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_ ... tin-wilson

Yankees trade Francisco cervelli to the Pittsburgh pirates for Justin Wilson I guess that means the John ryan murphy is the backup catcher
Imageceltics
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: Yanks trade the cisco kid 

Post#2 » by Grover » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:33 pm

For now. The Diamondbacks were holding out on Murphy before accepting O'Brien an hour before the deadline for Prado. They also have three young and cost controlled shortstops from which to deal. Adding in Pennington' and his $3M arbitration number for one season would also be a valuable piece as he can play second, short and third in a utility role. For as excited as fans are over Pirela, he is Nunez bad in the field over the course of a greater sample size and Refsnyder is a converted outfielder who has had difficulty at every stop in the field at second base. Romine is out of options and Sanchez will be in Scranton this season, in all likelihood, ready to be called up in the event of injury. Cervelli was the correct choice to be moved first and Wilson has a power arm that likely ends Huff's career with the Yanks. Wilson has a extra year of control and the Yankees no longer need to protect five catchers on the forty man roster. Great trade.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,129

Post#3 » by moocow007 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Ehhh....I guess it's alright. I actually like Cervelli a lot. I'd have been fine with him starting and the Yanks not signing McCann to that titanic contract.

Come on Cashman...load up that bullpen! Sign Andrew Miller next!! Not only do you give us the scariest bullpen in baseball but also weakens the team that won our division. You can always deal one of them if the bullpen becomes too crowded and receive top assets in return.
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#4 » by Grover » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:12 pm

I'm tempted to advocate shortening all of the injured starter's innings and growing the quality of the middle inning arms but one of Cashman's biggest strengths has been his ability to fill out a pen with cheap and useful arms, making it far easier to augment them when some inevitably get hurt or worn down with heavy usage.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#5 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Grover wrote:I'm tempted to advocate shortening all of the injured starter's innings and growing the quality of the middle inning arms but one of Cashman's biggest strengths has been his ability to fill out a pen with cheap and useful arms, making it far easier to augment them when some inevitably get hurt or worn down with heavy usage.

Part of the reason is that the Yankees farm system basically only turns out middle relievers and third string catchers....

Return to New York Yankees