Good bye D-rob

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Good bye D-rob 

Post#1 » by Yankeeknickfan » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 am

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/ ... -robertson

Davis Robertson has just joined the white sox. If he stayed here we would have had one of the best bullpens in baseball.
Imageceltics
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Re: Good bye D-rob 

Post#2 » by moocow007 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Would have been nice to have kept him. But...oh well...they'll be chasing another late innings guy I'm assuming. Unless they really think that the Strikeout Machine is ready for late inning relief work after just 1 year in the minors.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#3 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Too much. Palps kind of money. I'll miss him but I understand the move.
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#4 » by Slamm Goodbody » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:29 pm

Robertson got results for us and was an important part of the bullpen but I won't miss the heartburn of the highwire act bases loaded tease he slammed us with before every save. It was clear we couldn't keep him as far back as spring training last season when he was saying more or less he's going to the highest bidder because he wasn't offered an extension. Gotta chase that paper while he can and good luck to him.
Mardy Collins Superfan
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Slamm Goodbody wrote:Robertson got results for us and was an important part of the bullpen but I won't miss the heartburn of the highwire act bases loaded tease he slammed us with before every save. It was clear we couldn't keep him as far back as spring training last season when he was saying more or less he's going to the highest bidder because he wasn't offered an extension. Gotta chase that paper while he can and good luck to him.

Yeah. Robertson definitely was very Kyle Farnsworth like in that regards.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,037

Post#6 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:59 am

Headly back; 4 years, will be 34 at end of contract.

Not bad I guess; I see him as a Brosius type, very good fielder, decent bat.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by moocow007 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Yeah Headley does remind me a little of Brosius. Probably about the same level of production and the same type of defense.

On another note. Dodgers just waived Brian Wilson. May be worth a look? He was terrible last season but it may be worth taking a minor league like make good flyer on him? Would Wilson shave that mountain main beard though?
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#8 » by TNBT » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:24 am

I root for/follow the Yankees and White Sox. I'm a big fan of D-Rob so I'm glad that if he's going to leave then he's going to my other team. I'm not sure what to make of his replacement options though. All that I've heard about Miller is that he's inconsistent year to year, or do they go with Betances, and hope that he can handle the pressure of the 9th in Yankee Stadium?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by moocow007 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:26 pm

TNBT wrote:I root for/follow the Yankees and White Sox. I'm a big fan of D-Rob so I'm glad that if he's going to leave then he's going to my other team. I'm not sure what to make of his replacement options though. All that I've heard about Miller is that he's inconsistent year to year, or do they go with Betances, and hope that he can handle the pressure of the 9th in Yankee Stadium?

Good question. Not sure. It would probably have been logical for the Yankees to go after one of the "veteran" relievers with closing experience but they passed on Romo and it appears that they aren't interested in Jason Grilli (likely at the price that he's asking). Maybe they are comfortable with going with Betances and Miller. They also have a minor leaguer that they refer to as the Strikeout Machine (their 1st pick in the 2014 draft...Jacob Lindgren) that some/many feel may actually be able to make the big league roster. He also has late inning power stuff like Betances and MIller that can make hitters heads spin and shake. Maybe they are waiting for Grilli or one of the other older late-inning relievers market to drop (guys like Soriano, Jansen, etc.). Or they could go with someone like former elite closer Brian Wilson (who was just waived) in a low risk signing. It appears that the Yanks never had any intention of bringing back Robertson once they signed Miller and was just saying they were interested to help keep Robertson's value up (as a perceived favor to Robertson).
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#10 » by TNBT » Sat Jan 3, 2015 3:18 pm

I remember the Lindgren pick, but haven't heard much since. It's good to hear such positive reports on the kid though.

Return to New York Yankees