ImageImageImageImageImage

Yanks (82-66)@ Toronto Blue Maples (85-64): The division within reach?

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Yanks (82-66)@ Toronto Blue Maples (85-64): The division within reach? 

Post#1 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:05 pm

The NY Yankees took the bragging rights in the greatest city in the world that ever was or will be...defeating the NY mets 2/3. The Yanks are now in striking distance, 2 losses difference with the Bluejays. Can they reclaime first place?

Well a few things to note:

1. Tanaka who is a Bluejay killer will miss his next start due to hamstring strain, running the bases.

2. Eovaldi's elbow swelling continues, hence he might miss the playoffs as well.

3. Pineda hasn't made it to the 7th inning since July 4th.

That leaves the Yankees throwing out there: Adam Warren, Serevino, and Ivan Nova...with a tired bullpen.

On paper, the division looks within reach. Looking at the state of the rotation, I don't see it.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Re: Yanks (82-66)@ Toronto Blue Maples (85-64): The division within reach? 

Post#2 » by metafisical » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:04 pm

Jays took the first game, but both teams are incredibly fatigued. Things can go either way (not only this series but the Division lead). May the best team win in games 2 and 3!
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.

Return to New York Yankees