And1: 0

Yankees @ Texas: Tue., May 1 @ 8:05 p.m. ET TV: YES 

Post#1 » by KnickTerp12 » Tue May 1, 2007 6:17 pm

GAME 24:
9-14
@
10-15

Pitching Matchup

Rangers: Loe is making his third start of the season after five relief appearances. He is 1-1 with a 5.06 ERA in his fgirst two starts. He has a 2.79 ERA in four games, including one start, at home. Left-handed hitters are batting .316 off him, while right-handers are hitting .237. He is 1-3 with a 7.62 ERA in four games, including two starts, against the Yankees.

Yankees: Hughes may have shown enough in his Major League debut to earn a second turn around the rotation, depending on how quickly Mike Mussina can recover from a strained left hamstring to rejoin the big-league roster. Hughes had some jitters early against the Blue Jays on Thursday in New York, allowing four runs and seven hits in 4 2/3 innings. With a mid-90s fastball, a solid curveball and a developing changeup, Hughes gives the Yankees a chance to win, and he's hungry for his first big-league victory.
Lineups)(based on 4/30/07)

Texas:
1) Kenny Lofton, CF
2) Michael Young, SS
3) Mark Texeira, 1B
4) Sammy Sosa, DH
5) Hank Blalock, 3B
6) Ian Kinsler, 2B
7) Brad Wilkerson, LF
8) Nelson Cruz, RF
9) Gerald Laird

BRONX BOMBERS
1)Positively Damonic
2)El Capitan
3)El Como Dulce
4)Alexander the Great
5)The Giambino
6)Godzilla
7)Hip Hip Jorge
8)Robbie Cano Don't Ya Kno
9)DOUGIE or JOSH

The Yankees have lost 8 of 9 games, all to the AL East. The losing streak has left them in the cellar of the AL East division. After gaining public support from The Boss, Joe Torre and Brian Cashman hope that the Yankees get off to a hot start with a three game set in Alrington, TX to face the 10-15 Rangers. The Yankees will send out Phil Hughes, Andy Pettitte, and hopefully Mike Mussina in the 3 game set before they return to New York for a weekend series at the stadium with the Seattle Mariners.

Prediction: Phil Hughes has a promising start and gets 5 innings as the Yankees get their act together and start May off the right way, en route to a winning streak!

"A bad April might not ruin October dreams. But it probably will. In the last 25 years, clubs exiting April more than three games under .500 missed the playoffs 94.4 percent of the time."
~ Courtesy Jason Stark, ESPN

GO YANKEES
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#2 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 1, 2007 6:35 pm

I'm beginning to hate el como dulce
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by KnickTerp12 » Tue May 1, 2007 6:40 pm

34Celtic wrote:I'm beginning to hate el como dulce

As in the name, or the player?

I kinda hate both.

Bobby either walks or strikes out. We need someone more aggressive in the plate. Bring Cano infront of AROD to get him out of his slump. You know he will swing at anything that is hittable.

Damon
Jeter
Cano
AROD
Giambi
Abreu
Matsui
Posada
1B

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#4 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 1, 2007 6:49 pm

KnickTerp12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As in the name, or the player?

I kinda hate both.

Bobby either walks or strikes out. We need someone more aggressive in the plate. Bring Cano infront of AROD to get him out of his slump. You know he will swing at anything that is hittable.

Damon
Jeter
Cano
AROD
Giambi
Abreu
Matsui
Posada
1B

Both. I think he's a great talent. However, I don't see why he is bunting. Think about whats going through the pitchers head when he does this. "Yes, please give me a free out, move the runners along all you wish. That means I can pitch around AROD and give him even less to hit."

Abreu just seems completely lost right now.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#5 » by cmaff051 » Tue May 1, 2007 6:58 pm

How quickly we turn on Bobby Abreu. :crazy: He'll be fine, he's just in a slump now. Once he starts hitting again, you guys will be back on his balls.

BTW, this game might be postponed or delayed a little bit. There is supposed to be rain all day in Arlington.
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by KnickTerp12 » Tue May 1, 2007 7:02 pm

cmaff051 wrote:How quickly we turn on Bobby Abreu. :crazy: He'll be fine, he's just in a slump now. Once he starts hitting again, you guys will be back on his balls.

BTW, this game might be postponed or delayed a little bit. There is supposed to be rain all day in Arlington.

Gah. Dammit. Can we ever get a normal series. I'm tired of 2 game series and rain outs and etc etc. We will never get into a rhythm or groove if our starters keep getting pushed back and getting too much rest.

GAH!! Why cant this season just be normal

throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#7 » by throwbackewing33 » Tue May 1, 2007 7:05 pm

cmaff051 wrote:How quickly we turn on Bobby Abreu. :crazy: He'll be fine, he's just in a slump now. Once he starts hitting again, you guys will be back on his balls.

That would really suck. I was real excited to see what Phil does in his 2nd start
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#8 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 1, 2007 7:39 pm

I want to get back on his balls trust me. But there is a difference in a slump and completely losing confidence.

I dont understand.

Hmm Maybe If I bunt the runners over I'll leave first base open for ARod
:thinking:
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#9 » by Jitpal » Tue May 1, 2007 7:44 pm

I think Abreu needs to get a day off, or just DH or at the very least dropped down to 7th or 8th in the lineup for a day or so to get his stuff together. Right now he is killing our rallies, especially sunday. We would have one on and one out and he would strike out or ground into a double play. Even when he tried to bunt, the ball went right to the pitcher who threw it to 2nd. He needs a little change to get things back together.

I just checked the weather for Arlington. It isn't supposed to rain until 11 p.m. according to accuweather. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#10 » by 34Celtic » Tue May 1, 2007 7:53 pm

Jitpal wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think Abreu needs to get a day off, or just DH or at the very least dropped down to 7th or 8th in the lineup for a day or so to get his stuff together. Right now he is killing our rallies, especially sunday. We would have one on and one out and he would strike out or ground into a double play. Even when he tried to bunt, the ball went right to the pitcher who threw it to 2nd. He needs a little change to get things back together.

I just checked the weather for Arlington. It isn't supposed to rain until 11 p.m. according to accuweather. -Jitpal

He shouldn't be bunting with Arod behind him. All they will do is walk ARod, eliminating his bat
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#11 » by Jitpal » Tue May 1, 2007 8:34 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He shouldn't be bunting with Arod behind him. All they will do is walk ARod, eliminating his bat

I agree he shouldn't but I was just commenting on that one AB where he bunted, and got onto first because I think it was Wakefield he tossed it to 2nd to throw out Damon. -Jitpal
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#12 » by APerna » Tue May 1, 2007 11:25 pm

cmaff051 wrote:How quickly we turn on Bobby Abreu. :crazy: He'll be fine, he's just in a slump now.

I agree....that's hope the delay isn't long...
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#13 » by cmaff051 » Wed May 2, 2007 12:24 am

Did anyone see Texiera's at-bat against Hughes? Two straight changeups spotted perfectly, than a beautiful beautiful fastball spotted on the inside corner.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#14 » by studcrackers » Wed May 2, 2007 12:54 am

congrats on already sweeping us, heres to hoping phillip no hits us.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
ny_illmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 21

Post#15 » by ny_illmatic » Wed May 2, 2007 12:59 am

Damn, so far, this kid is dealing!

hope he keeps this up..
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#16 » by nykgeneralmanager » Wed May 2, 2007 1:06 am

Filthy. Absolutely filthy. Mark Prior v.2
ny_illmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 21

Post#17 » by ny_illmatic » Wed May 2, 2007 1:09 am

nykgeneralmanager wrote:Filthy. Absolutely filthy. Mark Prior v.2

Execpt for the injuries :D
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by studcrackers » Wed May 2, 2007 1:13 am

ny_illmatic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Execpt for the injuries :D

well that remains to be seen. since he's a yankee he'll probably be blessed with a golden arm as if he was dipped in the river styx.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#19 » by nykgeneralmanager » Wed May 2, 2007 1:18 am

studcrackers wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well that remains to be seen. since he's a yankee he'll probably be blessed with a golden arm as if he was dipped in the river styx.

Thats the beauty of drafting HS players, you do as you please with them. You don't have to worry about drafting college guys who threw 200 pitchers per start such as Prior.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by studcrackers » Wed May 2, 2007 1:22 am

tell that to kerry wood

Return to New York Yankees