ImageImageImageImageImage

Hughes out atleast 6 weeks

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#21 » by throwbackewing33 » Wed May 2, 2007 2:54 pm

The only minor league hitters phil will ever see again is in his rehab start before hes healthy.
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#22 » by throwbackewing33 » Wed May 2, 2007 2:57 pm

this was the worst possible thing that could have happened to us. When will we catch a break. Cahsman needs to be camping out on Rogers front lawn waiting for his answer on what hes doing. If we climb out of this whole we are going to need Moose back strong, Wang to get his sinkers down in the zone, and Clemens
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#23 » by cmaff051 » Wed May 2, 2007 2:58 pm

throwbackewing33 wrote:The only minor league hitters phil will ever see again is in his rehab start before hes healthy.

:nod: :nod:
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#24 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 2, 2007 3:10 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Again, WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING PHIL HUGHES IN THE MINORS

What exactly is the point? I've asked you this twice, and you haven't answered.

HE NO HIT A MAJOR LEAGUE LINEUP FOR 6 AND 1/3 INNINGS... WHAT EXACTLY DOES HE NEED TO GO TO THE MINORS FOR? :crazy:

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hughes was unbelievable, but I'll still take Clemens and give Hughes time in the minors, or give him Pavano or Igawa's spot

I would rather have Clemens, for the rest of this season, and let Hughes be our 5th starter when he comes back. Remember this guy still hasnt thrown over 90 pitches in a professional start. HE NEEDS TO GO TO THE MINORS TO GET HIS PITCH COUNTS HIGHER. All that being said I still want him on the roster over Pavano or Igawa.

But when it all boils down to it I'd rather have Clemens, the best ever. Not once did I say I want to have Hughes in the minors. You have to realize that Pavano and Igawa do not have options, they can't just be sent down there. Now Igawa could be put to the bullpen and Pavano could be dealt, which would Give me my dream rotation

Pettitte
Clemens
Wang
Moose
Hughes
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#25 » by cmaff051 » Wed May 2, 2007 3:18 pm

34Celtic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I would rather have Clemens, for the rest of this season, and let Hughes be our 5th starter when he comes back. Remember this guy still hasnt thrown over 90 pitches in a professional start. HE NEEDS TO GO TO THE MINORS TO GET HIS PITCH COUNTS HIGHER. All that being said I still want him on the roster over Pavano or Igawa.

But when it all boils down to it I'd rather have Clemens, the best ever. Not once did I say I want to have Hughes in the minors. You have to realize that Pavano and Igawa do not have options, they can't just be sent down there. Now Igawa could be put to the bullpen and Pavano could be dealt, which would Give me my dream rotation

Pettitte
Clemens
Wang
Moose
Hughes

Phil is going to make 90-95 pitches a game regardless of whether he is in the minors or the majors. So I really don't see your point. I'd rather have him up here and pitching for the New York Yankees during a division race than at Scranton dominating the Pawtucket Red Sox.

And believe me, Pavano and Igawa are not going to stand in the way of Hughes. No way, no how. If Pavano ever pitches again, I expect him to get traded before the trading deadline. Whenever Hughes is ready, he takes full priority. If we have a logjam of pitchers (unlikely), Igawa is a candidate for the bullpen.
34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#26 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 2, 2007 3:59 pm

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Phil is going to make 90-95 pitches a game regardless of whether he is in the minors or the majors. So I really don't see your point. I'd rather have him up here and pitching for the New York Yankees during a division race than at Scranton dominating the Pawtucket Red Sox.

And believe me, Pavano and Igawa are not going to stand in the way of Hughes. No way, no how. If Pavano ever pitches again, I expect him to get traded before the trading deadline. Whenever Hughes is ready, he takes full priority. If we have a logjam of pitchers (unlikely), Igawa is a candidate for the bullpen.

I'm looking at the whole picture here. I never said I wanted Hughes in the minors. I said I wanted Clemens in the majors over Hughes for this season.

Return to New York Yankees