ImageImageImageImageImage

Strenth And Conditioning.

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

34Celtic
Analyst
And1: 0

Strenth And Conditioning. 

Post#1 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 2, 2007 4:01 pm

I had heard rumors the Yankees hired someone else to take over. With all these hamstring injuries, and 9 different starting pitchers this year it really makes you think. I found this in the Hartford Courant today....
General manager Brian Cashman, who is on the trip, said he will look into the strength and conditioning program. He brought in Marty Miller and Dana Cavalea to replace longtime conditioning coach Jeff Mangold this year.

Just further supports my point that this year has not been Torre's fault as you guys try to make it out to be.
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#2 » by Jitpal » Wed May 2, 2007 4:09 pm

This has been talked about before. The old guys we had here focused on running and using these big rubber bands to strech guys out. I don't know exactly how these guys do it but they havn't been conditioning in baseball before this and they do not focus on running. If you remember when Damon and Moose went down there was talk of this. No one is saying that it is all Joe Torre's fault, but there are things he could have handled better. -Jitpal
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#3 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 2, 2007 4:28 pm

All i'm saying is give any manager what Joe has had to go through this year and they would be in the same spot. We all try and point fingers and you never know, I could be wrong here.

Lol but this is where I'm pointing my finger, especially after Phil the kid
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#4 » by NYKnSTILL! » Wed May 2, 2007 5:00 pm

what is it w/ you and Joe Torre my man , he hasn't been a good X's and O's coach , it's not all his fault why this season has started off like it has. But he sure as hell wasn't helping it w/ his dumb substitutions.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#5 » by Pharmcat » Wed May 2, 2007 7:17 pm

just hope "Dr." norman scott never comes near this team
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#6 » by cmaff051 » Wed May 2, 2007 7:36 pm

Marty Miller has been fired

http://tinyurl.com/yskrmq
A day after the Yankees
throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Post#7 » by throwbackewing33 » Wed May 2, 2007 7:43 pm

I will guarentee that all these injuries are due to strength and conditioning. How can you not emphasis running or cardio. What did they hahve them doing? just Weight lifting? stretching and cardio are so important in bulletproofing an athlete's body from injuries. Its common sense so I dont understand how this is a professional program.
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#8 » by 34Celtic » Wed May 2, 2007 8:18 pm

:rock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now if we could only get Marty Mcfly to take us back in time through that continuum.

Return to New York Yankees