ImageImageImageImageImage

Abreu

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

LamboNYK
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Abreu 

Post#1 » by LamboNYK » Thu May 3, 2007 9:15 pm

This is a contract year for him. If he struggles/ends up with a so so year, what do we do? How much good baseball does he have left? I dont see Cashman giving him a big offer, but I just hope his market value is down so we can keep him for cheap.

Any other ideas about the future of right field?
Jitpal
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Jitpal » Fri May 4, 2007 12:13 am

My suggestion was and still is to pick up Kotsay from the Oakland fire sale with one of the 3 young pitchers in Harden(depending on health and cost), Street (depending on cost) or Haren(if the the other two don't pan out). Put out a 4 man platoon in the outfield with Melky letting Matsui, Damon, and Giambi split time at their positions and DH. Should keep guys fresh and make us better. Kotsay is a solid player to fill in for 2 season while Tabata gets ready because lets face it, Tabata is the future in right field. -Jitpal
holdupstop23
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by holdupstop23 » Fri May 4, 2007 7:38 pm

Jitpal wrote:My suggestion was and still is to pick up Kotsay from the Oakland fire sale with one of the 3 young pitchers in Harden(depending on health and cost), Street (depending on cost) or Haren(if the the other two don't pan out). Put out a 4 man platoon in the outfield with Melky letting Matsui, Damon, and Giambi split time at their positions and DH. Should keep guys fresh and make us better. Kotsay is a solid player to fill in for 2 season while Tabata gets ready because lets face it, Tabata is the future in right field. -Jitpal

LMAO...Your gonna get Kotsay, and 1 of the big 3 for Abreu....wow
**Proud Member of the Frank Williams for Starter Campaign**
Member #1 of 1
Jitpal
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Jitpal » Fri May 4, 2007 8:32 pm

holdupstop23 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LMAO...Your gonna get Kotsay, and 1 of the big 3 for Abreu....wow

Uh, where did I say trade Abreu? His contract expires at the end of this year. I never mentioned any pieces that would go to Oakland for Kotsay and a pitcher. I just said that is the angle that should be explored. -Jitpal
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Re: Abreu 

Post#5 » by moocow007 » Sat May 5, 2007 3:46 am

LamboNYK wrote:This is a contract year for him. If he struggles/ends up with a so so year, what do we do? How much good baseball does he have left? I dont see Cashman giving him a big offer, but I just hope his market value is down so we can keep him for cheap.

Any other ideas about the future of right field?

Return to New York Yankees