Yankees @ White Sox - Game 3

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

ReggieFULLeffect
Senior
And1: 0

Yankees @ White Sox - Game 3 

Post#1 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 6:07 pm

looks like Damon is sitting again....
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#2 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 6:10 pm

:nonono: these injuries :nonono:
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#3 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 6:13 pm

these injuries

They're saying that since Melky played so well yesterday he's getting the start. Does anyone honestly believe that?

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#4 » by Jitpal » Thu May 17, 2007 6:20 pm

Well, even last year, tons of times Melky started some rallies. Remember in one of those 5 games at Boston. We were down some ungodly amount in the 7th or 8th with 2 outs. Melky gets a double. We go on to score like 6-7 runs. Melky is vital and as I've said before, Melky shows that emotion out there like Jeter about the game actually making a difference. He goes out there and has fun, he isn't a robot like Giambi, Abreu and the like. Which is one of the reasons I would have wanted to deal Abreu for Lowry, Sanchez and someone else, so we could get Melky more time. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#5 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Well, even last year, tons of times Melky started some rallies. Remember in one of those 5 games at Boston. We were down some ungodly amount in the 7th or 8th with 2 outs. Melky gets a double. We go on to score like 6-7 runs. Melky is vital and as I've said before, Melky shows that emotion out there like Jeter about the game actually making a difference. He goes out there and has fun, he isn't a robot like Giambi, Abreu and the like. Which is one of the reasons I would have wanted to deal Abreu for Lowry, Sanchez and someone else, so we could get Melky more time. -Jitpal

All I'm saying is that Damon must be hurt in some way because the starting CF doesn't sit for the 4th OF when he has a good game the day before.

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#6 » by Jitpal » Thu May 17, 2007 6:37 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

All I'm saying is that Damon must be hurt in some way because the starting CF doesn't sit for the 4th OF when he has a good game the day before.

Damon is hurt. The type of injuries he has, to my limited medical understanding, are the type that only get better with rest. If so we will be in for a long year. We need to go out and get Rios. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#7 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 6:45 pm

Damon is hurt. The type of injuries he has, to my limited medical understanding, are the type that only get better with rest. If so we will be in for a long year. We need to go out and get Rios. -Jitpal

And just think, he still has 2 and a half more years on his contract.

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#8 » by Jitpal » Thu May 17, 2007 6:48 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

And just think, he still has 2 and a half more years on his contract.

I didn't like the deal at the time. I wanted to go after Beltran the year before. Poor planning on the Yankees part. Worst is we can't even go after Andruw Jones or anyone this offseason because we have Damon for two more years. -Jitpal
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#9 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 6:52 pm

I didn't like the deal at the time. I wanted to go after Beltran the year before. Poor planning on the Yankees part. Worst is we can't even go after Andruw Jones or anyone this offseason because we have Damon for two more years. -Jitpal

They had the chance to sign Pettite and Beltran in the same offseason and they blew it that year. Damon's contract is awful and it just puts a stick in our spokes for moves we can make over the next 2 years.

ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#10 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 6:55 pm

figures....everyone's a gold glover when the Yanks come to town.

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#11 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 7:17 pm

thanks Hideki :nonono:
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#12 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 7:17 pm

thanks Hideki

Someone needs to do something about the lack of patience on this team aside from Giambi.

NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#13 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 17, 2007 7:23 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:
thanks Hideki

Someone needs to do something about the lack of patience on this team aside from Giambi.

the veterans like Hideki, Bobby and Jason have no one to blame but themselves.

atleast Alex looks like he's breaking out of it w/ that last line drive, he look like he made an extreme effort to stay back on the ball.

P.S. DeSalvo is trade bait.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#14 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 7:25 pm

P.S. DeSalvo is trade bait.

He would do well on an NL team. It'll be interesting to see what we could get for him and a guy like Abreu.

ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#15 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Now is the time. LETS GO!!!!

ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#16 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 17, 2007 7:59 pm

That's it. I'm turning the game off.

KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by KnickTerp12 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:10 pm

That was the same play Matsui broke his wrist on
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by KnickTerp12 » Thu May 17, 2007 8:22 pm

LOL do our coaches even talk to our players? TELL MELKY TO STOP SWINGING AT THAT

Jitpal
General Manager

Post#19 » by Jitpal » Thu May 17, 2007 8:37 pm

I think our biggest problem right now is that we don't have enough gamers. The guys that step it up when we need to step it up, the type of guys we had during those 4 championships. We still have some but back then we had a gamer at nearly every position. Right now we have Roger, Hughes, Pettitte, Mo, Jeter, and Posada.. The other guys out there, no matter how many great numbers they put up, they aren't the type of guys who step up on a regular basis. To a lesser extent guys like Giambi, Arod(2007 and 2005), Melky and Doug have that mentality. The other guys are just so mechanical out there and just going through the motions. Maybe I'm off base but I don't think I am. -Jitpal
Jitpal
General Manager

Post#20 » by Jitpal » Thu May 17, 2007 8:44 pm

Adding more to what I said above, this is why I think we need to bring in Girardi. He is hungry, we need guys who are hungry. At the end of last year guys like Procter, Abreu, Damon and even Wang were hungry and were working hard. They locked in until they got to the playoffs. Then they all shut down after that first game of the ALDS. -Jitpal

Return to New York Yankees