cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Yankees vs. the JV team - Subway Series game thread 

Post#1 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:10 am

May 18th-20th

Pitching Matchups
Andy Pettitte (2-2, 2.68 ) vs. Oliver Perez (4-3, 3.00)
Darrell Rasner (1-2, 3.28 ) vs. Tomo Glavine (4-1, 3.31)
Tyler Clippard (hopefully) vs. John Maine (5-1, 2.15)
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,077

Post#2 » by Pharmcat » Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 am

i think the Yanks are the JV team this year :noway:
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#3 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:16 am

The Kandi Man Rocks wrote:i think the Yanks are the JV team this year :noway:

I didn't know that the season was finished after 40 games. :D This is the perfect time to begin our winning streak, beating down the folks from Shea who envy the Yankees so much.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,077

Post#4 » by Pharmcat » Fri May 18, 2007 1:20 am

this team is majorly flawed

Abreu is shot

Damon is a wuss with his weak ass injuries

Rivera isnt the same anymore

the SP blows

the RP blows harder
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#5 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:24 am

The Kandi Man Rocks wrote:this team is majorly flawed

Abreu is shot

the SP blows

the RP blows harder

And Kandi is optimistic. That's what I like to hear. :D
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#6 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri May 18, 2007 1:28 am

The Kandi Man Rocks wrote:i think the Yanks are the JV team this year :noway:
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#7 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 1:39 am

YANKEES VS MUTS IT'S ON :P
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#8 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:45 am

xTheHunterx wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's said to see some of you guys jumping off the bandwagon when this team goes through some lean years when Mo, Jeter, Arod and Posada retire..

Bandwagon fans. :nonono: :nonono:
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager

Post#9 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri May 18, 2007 1:52 am

Why would you call me a bandwagon fan when all im saying is that the Yankees have been playing pretty damn poorly this year.

What i cant criticize the team now? It is absolutely stupid when someone calls you a bandwagon fan just because the team isnt playing like they are supposed to play
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#10 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 am

yo stop the BS ya two, CMAFF and Xhunterx make up...make NYKGM not regret being a mod, truth is this team isn't that good this year , the talent is there but the fire is not, hopefully this week they find theirselves.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#11 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:58 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:yo stop the BS ya two, CMAFF and Xhunterx make up...make NYKGM not regret being a mod, truth is this team isn't that good this year , the talent is there but the fire is not, hopefully this week they find theirselves.

I'll wait until the All Star break to say that this team isn't good.

Remember the Twins last year?
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager

Post#12 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri May 18, 2007 2:06 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:yo stop the BS ya two, CMAFF and Xhunterx make up...make NYKGM not regret being a mod, truth is this team isn't that good this year , the talent is there but the fire is not, hopefully this week they find theirselves.

I just hate it when someone calls me a bandwagon fan

Yankees arent that good at all right now and i will continue to criticize them until they start winning games more often.When they do start to win games regularly then they deserve to get praised and all will be happy

Hopefully our bats wake up and we can get everything to click.Our pitching was bad and our hitting was great at the start of the season.Now its the other way around

Hopefully we can take this series and get some confidence into these guys
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#13 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 2:06 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'll wait until the All Star break to say that this team isn't good.

Remember the Twins last year?

twins had versatile hitters and Liriano/Santana

we have power hitters that if they get on base w/o hitting the ball that's usually it w/ them until someone drives them in. There is not enough speed for small ball IDK where Hideki, or Bobby are and Johnny Damon , atleast w/ Cano I know it's his youth same w/ Melky , guys like Giambi continuing to slump doesn't help our cause.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#14 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:07 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

twins had versatile hitters and Liriano/Santana

we have power hitters that if they get on base w/o hitting the ball that's usually it w/ them until someone drives them in. There is not enough speed for small ball IDK where Hideki, or Bobby are and Johnny Damon , atleast w/ Cano I know it's his youth same w/ Melky , guys like Giambi continuing to slump doesn't help our cause.

We have a better offense than they did.

And you really want to use to play small ball? We scored 950 runs last year with not a hint of small ball. It's ridiculous.

And don't forget we have Hughes..he can be very dominant for us down the stretch.

Guys, don't give up... we'll make a run at the division.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#15 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 2:18 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We have a better offense than they did.

And you really want to use to play small ball? We scored 950 runs last year with not a hint of small ball. It's ridiculous.

And don't forget we have Hughes..he can be very dominant for us down the stretch.

Guys, don't give up... we'll make a run at the division.

Cmaff I ain't giving up hope it's the way the team looks right now I never questioned their heart or if they were awake, this team lacks the sense of urgency. You look at tomorrow's opponent in the Muts at Piss Stadium they have urgency and youth and a never say die attitude , we can't play them like we did Chicago and Seattle otherwise this gonna be a sweep.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#16 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:30 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Cmaff I ain't giving up hope it's the way the team looks right now I never questioned their heart or if they were awake, this team lacks the sense of urgency. You look at tomorrow's opponent in the Muts at Piss Stadium they have urgency and youth and a never say die attitude , we can't play them like we did Chicago and Seattle otherwise this gonna be a sweep.

We'll start hitting... I guarentee it. :D
KnickTerp12
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by KnickTerp12 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:45 am

It's time to give the Mets some respect and realize that it might be time to pass the NY torch on to the Mets.

These Yankees are starting to look like the Knicks a couple years ago. Overpaid, past their prime, and uninterested.

And we definitely don't have the edge with the pitching matchup. Could be a ugly series. Great news, I get to go home for summer and start it off with my MET fan friends talkin ****.
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Post#18 » by nykgeneralmanager » Fri May 18, 2007 4:50 am

The Kandi Man Rocks wrote:this team is majorly flawed

Abreu is shot

the SP blows

the RP blows harder

You what I just realized? For whatever reason, you haven't been posting much around here. And no Kandi means no pesimism...and no pesimism means no reverse psychology. Now that you FINALLY posted negative things about this team, they will get rolling.
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User

Post#19 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri May 18, 2007 4:51 am

the Mets do deserve the respect this year but they have to still beat us. This might get ugly in a week.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#20 » by cmaff051 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:58 am

KnickTerp12 wrote:It's time to give the Mets some respect and realize that it might be time to pass the NY torch on to the Mets.

These Yankees are starting to look like the Knicks a couple years ago. Overpaid, past their prime, and uninterested.

And we definitely don't have the edge with the pitching matchup. Could be a ugly series. Great news, I get to go home for summer and start it off with my MET fan friends talkin ****.

When the Mets get to a World Series, maybe we'll pass the torch.

After 40 games? That is hilarious. :rofl: Some of you people here really have no idea what perspective is. You are never as good as you look, and you are never as bad as you look.

Return to New York Yankees