ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap: Damon concerned about being traded

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

throwbackewing33
Starter
And1: 131

Wiretap: Damon concerned about being traded 

Post#1 » by throwbackewing33 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:19 pm

What do you guys think about Damon being traded? Dudes old and hasnt been the spark we thought he would be. Its says Damon has a list of 12 teams. Who do you think we could get in return?
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#2 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 31, 2007 8:28 pm

:pray:
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#3 » by Pharmcat » Thu May 31, 2007 8:32 pm

NYKnSTILL! wrote::pray:
theknicks414
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by theknicks414 » Thu May 31, 2007 11:01 pm

It says "Damon Concerned About Possibly Being Dealt"

then the first quote by Johnny:
"I'm not concerned. Maybe if this was my only team ever, but I've been around," Damon said.

realgm :nonono:
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#5 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Thu May 31, 2007 11:45 pm

THe Phillies reportedly have Rowand on the block for a late inning arm or two. This could open the door for a Damon trade and then a trade for Rowand. Farnsworth and Britton?
"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#6 » by NYKnSTILL! » Fri Jun 1, 2007 1:01 am

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:THe Phillies reportedly have Rowand on the block for a late inning arm or two. This could open the door for a Damon trade and then a trade for Rowand. Farnsworth and Britton?

god no !! Britton stays here , Farnsworth alone could get Rowand, but ehh I'm not to found of him either
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#7 » by 34Celtic » Fri Jun 1, 2007 1:34 am

NYKnSTILL! wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

god no !! Britton stays here , Farnsworth alone could get Rowand, but ehh I'm not to found of him either

Are you kidding? With Farnsworth will not get Rowand, not even close. Damon and Farnsworht probably would but Britton Farns and Damon yes, and I would do the deal.
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#8 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Fri Jun 1, 2007 4:05 am

No offense but you sometimes live in a fantasy world. The Phillies don't HAVE to trade Rowand -- they will dangle him and find the BEST deal possible. You don't think teams will have a better offer than the Yankees and Farnsworth? Rowand is a gritty guy who rules in the clubhouse -- the type of guy we could use on this team(i.e. wants to win) and by getting him we can trade off Damon w/o having to have Melky start.

It doesn't HAVE to be Britton and Farns either -- it was just a suggestion don't jump down my goddamn throat.

"It's just like the feminists. They want everything equal but when the check comes, where are they?"- George Costanza
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#9 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Jun 1, 2007 4:31 am

Im actually comfortable with Damon

Yall are too quick on giving up on guys.Once Damon is healthy he will do good again imo.He still has goos speed,can hit for power and avg.

Yes hes isnt having a great season but i do believe he will turn tings around
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#10 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Fri Jun 1, 2007 5:23 am

Im actually comfortable with Damon

It's not that I am giving up on him. It's just that his contract is so god awful and if he is this banged up in his second year how is he going to be next year or the next? THe man has talent but damn, his contract is terrible and he is always banged up. I'm not saying Rowand comes here and all of a sudden the Yankees go on winning streaks but he is the type of guy people have been saying they want on this team.

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#11 » by 34Celtic » Fri Jun 1, 2007 12:43 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

No offense but you sometimes live in a fantasy world. The Phillies don't HAVE to trade Rowand -- they will dangle him and find the BEST deal possible. You don't think teams will have a better offer than the Yankees and Farnsworth? Rowand is a gritty guy who rules in the clubhouse -- the type of guy we could use on this team(i.e. wants to win) and by getting him we can trade off Damon w/o having to have Melky start.

It doesn't HAVE to be Britton and Farns either -- it was just a suggestion don't jump down my goddamn throat.

well said Reggie, the Yankees arent the only team that will be trading on the face of the earth. They could get a better offer from the Frankfurt Anteaters
ReggieFULLeffect
Senior

Post#12 » by ReggieFULLeffect » Fri Jun 1, 2007 1:36 pm

well said Reggie, the Yankees arent the only team that will be trading on the face of the earth. They could get a better offer from the Frankfurt Anteaters

Seriously dude. I don't get it sometimes. I could see if Farnsworth was blowing every one away but there isn't a game where he comes in and the team doesn't either tie the game, take the lead, or atleast make it interesting. Rowand is 29 yrs. old, he plays great D, and the dude can hit. He also possess something we like to call intangibles. Teams will be offering better players than just Kyle Farnsworth at Philly.

34Celtic
Analyst

Post#13 » by 34Celtic » Fri Jun 1, 2007 1:57 pm

ReggieFULLeffect wrote:

Seriously dude. I don't get it sometimes. I could see if Farnsworth was blowing every one away but there isn't a game where he comes in and the team doesn't either tie the game, take the lead, or atleast make it interesting. Rowand is 29 yrs. old, he plays great D, and the dude can hit. He also possess something we like to call intangibles. Teams will be offering better players than just Kyle Farnsworth at Philly.

He would cost us at least Proctor and Melky
34Celtic
Analyst

Post#14 » by 34Celtic » Fri Jun 1, 2007 1:58 pm

/\ And thats an understatement
HCYanks wrote:Thanks for reminding me Clay Buchholz is a couple of blocks away from me, Fox. Now I have to go hide my laptop.

Return to New York Yankees