Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

Bob Melvin takes shot at Oakland A’s ownership  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:03 pm

Bob Melvin gets point across about Oakland A’s ownership

In true Bob Melvin style, he did not outright say anything negative about the A’s and their ownership. He simply pointed out how it will be a positive to be managing a team that will actually provide the resources needed to be able to do his job. And, presumably, keep their own players and make deals to improve the core.

That has been the problem with the A’s. Time and again, they have had the type of core that should be able to go on a long run in the postseason. But ownership would refuse to spend the last few dollars needed in order to truly fix the roster, leaving a flawed team that would end the season in a disappointing manner.

The Padres will be different in that sense. If their season ends in disappointment, it will not be due to ownership refusing to spend money or a front office incapable of making moves. Melvin, for the first time in over a decade, will actually get the help that he needs. It is no wonder why he is so excited about this opportunity.

Bob Melvin ending his opening remarks at Padres intro: "When you have a roster like that and you have all the people that give you the resources and the backing to do it, I don’t know that there’s a better destination in baseball to be able to come, so I’m a lucky man."

https://whitecleatbeat.com/2021/11/03/bob-melvin-takes-shot-oakland-ownership/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Oakland Athletics