Jeremy Brown retires

Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Jeremy Brown retires 

Post#1 » by FNQ » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:52 pm

While he hasn't given official word to the A's yet, and filed his papers, a source is saying he's given up the game.

The media source cites family issues, like being away from his family too long, and Beane has also mentioned that.

However, one guy that frequents a club I belong to and just happens to play AAA ball in the Sacramento area ;) believes thats only half the reason. With Kurt Suzuki now in the majors, Landon Powell still on track... he wasn't scheduled to get any MLB time soon, and not many other teams would have had interest.

My guy also says that JB's weight was a problem and keeping it consistently down was as well. He went on to suggest that JB's a perfectionist and really wanted that MLB call of duty, but realized it wasn't likely to come anytime soon.

Speculation sure, but I thought it was cool that I got a little more in depth info...

Kudos to JB and good luck to him with his family and new occupation, his story in Moneyball was always my favorite (especially when he left the A's scout on the phone to make sure it wasn't his friends screwing with him :lol:)
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#2 » by FNQ » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:52 pm

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/news/a ... p&c_id=oak

It also highlights that LeCroy was signed because of JB's retirement
TSC25
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by TSC25 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:57 pm

He seem to be a good prospect,ut I dont think he would have ever got past Kurt Suzuki,or Landon Powell but would have been a good option in AAA in case of an injury.

Return to Oakland Athletics