ImageImageImageImageImage

Moves

opzoneworld
Junior
And1: 0

Moves 

Post#1 » by opzoneworld » Sat Jun 2, 2007 6:52 am

Does anyone feel that Fred Lewis or Dan Ortmeier have played good enough for the Giants this season to garner much trade value?

June and July is when teams really start to make some moves and I wonder if either of these two players have helped the Giants by giving them some assets.

One person I have my eye on is Mark Teixeira out in Texas. Rumors have it he could be shopped. Teixeira is a very good young power bat who is just entering his prime. He also plays 1B, a spot where we could greatly use some help. I believe he is a FA after this season so we would have to be sure we could sign him first, but his skills could make him a counerstone for this franchise for 5 to 7 years.

Wondering if a Fred Lewis, Jonathan Sanchez, and Billy Sadler or Scott Munter would be enough to get Teixeira.

What do the rest of you guys think?
edney2polynice_
Senior
And1: 0

Re: Moves 

Post#2 » by edney2polynice_ » Sat Jun 2, 2007 7:53 am

opzoneworld wrote:Does anyone feel that Fred Lewis or Dan Ortmeier have played good enough for the Giants this season to garner much trade value?

June and July is when teams really start to make some moves and I wonder if either of these two players have helped the Giants by giving them some assets.

One person I have my eye on is Mark Teixeira out in Texas. Rumors have it he could be shopped. Teixeira is a very good young power bat who is just entering his prime. He also plays 1B, a spot where we could greatly use some help. I believe he is a FA after this season so we would have to be sure we could sign him first, but his skills could make him a counerstone for this franchise for 5 to 7 years.

Wondering if a Fred Lewis, Jonathan Sanchez, and Billy Sadler or Scott Munter would be enough to get Teixeira.

What do the rest of you guys think?

I don't think that trade has a chance in HELL.

Lewis, is a much better option than what we had before -- Linden, but in no way can he net us Teixeira. The guy is a platoon player for any other team that is actually good. He has great speed, but is an awful base runner, his defense is atrocious.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by backer55 » Sat Jun 2, 2007 3:59 pm

Nice to see all those runs scored yesterday, too bad we couldn't spread them out for some of our young guys.

Lewis might have good value because he has made headlines but he still needs work. Very poor jump on the ball, if any, and he needs to have the ball at his left shoulder in order to catch it. Poor fundamentals, what's up with that?

Ortmeier... i like him, gamer

feliz...Mr. kill the rally. another HR in no pressure situation. pet pev.

I won't say that we have an excess of good pitching but we certainly do have more than many teams. Some may be willing to give up a needed certified hitter for pitching help. Let's keep our starters with maybe the exception of Morris, the guy has been nails, only on the right deal.

Return to San Francisco Giants