ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Sale...

opzoneworld
Junior
And1: 0

Fire Sale... 

Post#1 » by opzoneworld » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:44 am

If, in fact, the Giants do go for the fire sale to finish off July, August, and September, who, if anyone, would you be looking forward to see plan at the MLB level?

There are five players for me. In no particular order:

1 - Nate Schierholtz - OF. Has had a great year in Fresno. Looks to be a hitting machine and came actually play the outfield as well. Not too much power but is still really young at just 23. Love to see what he can do as an everyday player.

2 - Brian Wilson - CL. Has been hurt for a while now. If he can get healthy, would love him for him to get some innings in to see if he has gotten his control problems worked out.

3 - Eugenio Velez - 2B. I know a lot of people want to see Frandsen play but this kid looks a lot better than Frandsen. MLB Class A offensive player of the year and Baseball America all-star last year with awesome numbers. This year in Conn. power numbers have dropped but not his production. Batting well over .300 with just under .800 ops. A very nice top of the order guy who I would just love to see hit.

4 - Dave McKae - P. I would like to see McKae get some innings in relief. He has owned at every level so far. A bit older at 25 and making Conn. midseason but has not missed a step in his callup. No harm in throwing him out there in August and September to see if he can help next year.

Who would you guys like to see?
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#2 » by FaTaL » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:11 am

whoever they get in trades, none of those guys are probably impact mlb players. velez is interesting though, hes extremely fast.

Return to San Francisco Giants