Seattle Mariners @ Cleveland Indians

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Seattle Mariners @ Cleveland Indians 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Fri May 17, 2013 8:43 pm

I hate the Indians. They're one of these teams that have given me a lot of bad memories as a Mariners fan. Remember this horrible game which ended up being the difference between owning and co-owning the record for most wins in a season? Or the end of the '95 team's run in the playoffs? Much like the White Sox, they're one of those middle America teams that like to torture us when we visit.

And they grabbed Swisher. And Bourne. And still have Cabrera. And their mascot is an offensive stereotype.

Ubaldo Jiminez is the type of pitcher that can be taken advantage of if the team pays attention. Hopefully Maurer can settle down early and avoid getting clobbered by left-handed hitters. 7 out of the 9 players penciled in CLE's starting lineup today are left-handed which is concerning.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: Seattle Mariners @ Cleveland Indians 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Fri May 17, 2013 9:41 pm

I don't "HATE" the Indians, but I know that every, single year I think about that game years ago where we had a 12-1 lead (or something close) in the 5th or 6th inning and ended up losing the game. Could be that record season you referenced, but thought it was earlier than that.

**** ridiculous. :lol:

Gotta get atleast a split here, and with Felix/Kuma pitching in this series, I'm very confident.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Fri May 17, 2013 11:46 pm

And it's already 2-0 Indians. Looks like the second run scored on a wild pitch.

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:I don't "HATE" the Indians, but I know that every, single year I think about that game years ago where we had a 12-1 lead (or something close) in the 5th or 6th inning and ended up losing the game. Could be that record season you referenced, but thought it was earlier than that.

Nope, that's the same game. Makes it even better, doesn't it?
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Sat May 18, 2013 12:59 am

Well...I'm going to shut the **** up about Raul Ibanez. He just drilled another HR to score 2 runs and tie the game.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#5 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat May 18, 2013 2:16 am

Sweezo wrote:Well...I'm going to shut the **** up about Raul Ibanez. He just drilled another HR to score 2 runs and tie the game.

Yeah, I'm okay with Raul getting significant playing time so long as his slugging is over that .500 mark. :o He's been an absolute monster.

Frustrating thing about this game has been the fact that we don't have Morse. God, that hurts our lineup so much. Sucks seeing that hack Smoak backing up Morales. Ugh.

Good job by the bullpen tonight though as we head to extras here. Doesn't seem like a game we are going to win, but we will see.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Sat May 18, 2013 2:46 am

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:Good job by the bullpen tonight though as we head to extras here. Doesn't seem like a game we are going to win, but we will see.

Another typical game in Cleveland: We lose in extras on a 3-run HR. Thank God Wedge didn't put Wilhelmsen out there...much better to save your best reliever for a save situation than use him in a high leverage situation. Francona was a fool for using Chris Perez in a non-save situation.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#7 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat May 18, 2013 6:28 am

:lol:

That's what really annoyed me about this game. Throughout the entire broadcast, we have to listen to Sims (Who you know I cant stand) go on and on every inning about how Wedge has to CONSERVE THE BULLPEN because it was taxed so bad against the Yankees, and just about everyone was off limits.

First, how was our bullpen so off-limits? These idiots were making it sound like none of our starters got past the 4th inning. Felix and Kuma both went 6 plus. Okay, we used a handful yesterday, but.....so what? So, instead of using these guys for a couple batters or an inning, Wedge tries to keep these one or two guys on the mound for 30+ pitches. WHAT THE EFF.

So frustrating. That's one of the reasons I thought we would lose. Our logic was idiotic this game. Oh, and Saunders not bunting with 1st and 2nd pissed me off. What happens? Double play. Cool.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#8 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat May 18, 2013 6:59 pm

So, Joe Saunders is already over the 95+ pitch mark, and Wedge leaves him out there to give up a couple MORE runs and finally yanks him at 120 pitches.

Why? BECAUSE APPARENTLY, ACCORDING TO THE MARINERS AND OUR IDIOTIC BROADCASTERS WHO MENTION IT EVERY INNING, OUR BULLPEN IS STILL SPENT FROM THE YANKEES SERIES!

:lol: Sweez, am I being an idiot here? Is 1 (and for some of them TWO) days off not enough for a reliever who might have pitched an inning or so?

Boggles my mind. Saunders should have been yanked at the start of the 6th. Or atleast after the first man got on. Geez.

EDIT: WOW. We optioned Noesi down to Triple A just so we could bring up this idiot for a fresh arm. REALLY? Our bullpen is FINE.

I hate being a Mariners fan sometimes. And our offense has been horrible today.

Please Felix and Kuma; Salvage us.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#9 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat May 18, 2013 7:54 pm

...And ofcourse I turn off the game in the 7th inning and end up missing back to back homers from Ibanez and Smoak to tie it.

Whoa. Oliver Perez is in the game. I figured he needed another week off after that Yankees series. Man. Tough guy.

Would be nice to win this with our Aces coming up.

EDIT: So frustrating. Righty coming up in Cabrera and we dont have a righty to bring into the game? Tom? Really? Righties dont have a hit off him all season.

EDIT II: F Wedge.

*sigh*
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Sweezo » Sun May 19, 2013 1:14 am

Sucks to lose the game today but it was pretty rad seeing Ibanez and Smoak hitting back-to-back home runs to tie the game.

Speaking of Smoak, that was an absolute bomb that he hit today. He's posting a .254/.374/.354 line on the season. That SLG % isn't good but it's starting to creep up. But that OBP? That's in the top 40 in the league. Smoak may not be a star but at least he looks like he belongs in MLB at the moment.

I'm not so upset at the bullpen today, or Wedge. But Montero...I don't even know where to start. He gets picked off at second base because he wasn't paying attention. He was behind the plate as 3 more SB were stolen. He's thrown out one base runner while along just shy of 25 SB on the season. Certainly catching for a pitcher like Saunders isn't going to help those numbers but teams are running on Montero because they know they can. I looked at his numbers and compared to them to all other catchers and he's in contention for the worst in the league right now across the board.

His hitting ability is the thing that brought him to the majors. Make him a full time DH and get him at bats in Tacoma because he's hurting the team and his future right now.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#11 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon May 20, 2013 5:40 pm

I agree about Montero. And how about that "passed ball" yesterday by Felix? :roll:

Unfortunately, this series has SWEEP written all over it. Kinda started thinking that after the first two losses. Typical Mariners series.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#12 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Sure glad I missed this game.

3 errors in the final two innings?

Wow.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Sweezo » Mon May 20, 2013 10:38 pm

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:Sure glad I missed this game.

3 errors in the final two innings?

Wow.

It was the worst loss of the series. The team fought to overcome a 5-2 deficit. Seager tied the game with a HR late, Chavez hit a HR to take the lead...and the tying run scored when Wilhelmsen dropped a throw will covering 1B. Then Smoak hits a HR in the 10th inning to take a lead, and Furbush implodes again in the bottom of the inning.

I hate Cleveland.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#14 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 pm

We suck. God. :lol:

Atleast Smoak went deep again. I watched the video on the Mariners website. Jesus. WHY CANT HE DO THAT MORE!? Power from 1st Base. Jesus.

Return to Seattle Mariners