rounding out june

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

rounding out june 

Post#1 » by TTown » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 am

34-43.

we've spent the last week blowing 8-1 leads w/ felix on the bump, kuma suffered his two worst starts of the year in back-to-back games vs. the a's, we lost 3/4 down in anaheim but bounce back and take a series against oakland at home. we've actually won 4 of our last 6 series, though our W/L record doesn't really seem to reflect it much.

raul is hitting balls out of the park like he's in his twenties, and nick franklin continues to impress. chavez, franklin, seager, morales, and raul are doing fine. w/ morse on the DL it'd be nice if a few other guys would join them. guti jacked one his first AB upon returning, and smoak is plodding along in that awkward 'doing better than he has the last few seasons, but still not up to par...' area. what the jolly hell happened to saunders when he hit his head in that collision in toronto? he was off to such a great start, and ever since he came back he's been an unwatchable mess.

bonderman has pitched june as well as he's ever pitched in his entire career. we blew an outstanding joe saunders start AWAY from safeco in a 1-0 loss last week.

i'm going to draw a line in the sand. we have five games left in june. 2 vs. pitt, 3 vs. the cubs. all at home, two off days t'boot. if we win 4/5 and climb to 38-44 going into july i'm going to pretend things could be worse. i'll stick around. if not, i may be checking out of the sports world for july and picking things back up when the hawks open camp. COME ON MARINERS.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to Seattle Mariners