who is being shopped?

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

who is being shopped? 

Post#1 » by TTown » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 am

i keep hearing raul and morales being thrown around, but i'd prefer to keep them both. raul hasn't lost any bat speed and should be a contributor next year, even if it's merely in the capacity we originally envisioned for him this year (70-80 games, DH/4th OF/PH). he clearly enjoys seattle and unless someone else goes crazy with an offer, i would assume he wouldn't be tough to sign to another 1-year deal. and personally, i consider morales part of our core going forward... am i wrong? dude is only 30. outside of ichiro, he's the most professional hitter we've had in this organization in quite some time. i'd very much like to announce a 4-year extension any time now, but that's just me.

is saunders being shopped? he has a 2-something ERA over his last 9-10 starts. he's been VERY good, even if his overall #'s haven't quite recovered from his rough start. if he's not going to net us much i guess i'd prefer to just keep him, but if we go into next season under the assumption walker and hultzen will be ready to join felix and kuma, and you've still got guys like erasmo and maurer and paxton either here or in AAA............. i guess i'm not entirely sure we'll have a spot for him. thus, if we could get something for him now, i guess i would probably try to make a deal.

i don't care about any of our relievers. if Z chooses to ship them off for cash considerations, so be it.
ImageImageImageImage
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: who is being shopped? 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Definitely try to sign Morales to a 3-4 year deal. DEFINITELY try to get Ibanez on another 1 year deal. Should be easy enough. He loves Seattle and hell, even if he hits 18-20 bombs next season I'm pleased.

As for Saunders? Wouldn't give him away for chump change but he's expendable, especially with Walker and Hultzen down there. Still; He's been good and I would like him to stick around if possible.

I agree about the bullpen as well. Don't really care about anyone, except Perez. I want to keep him for sure. We should have traded the Bartender when he had some value. Closers are a dime a dozen.

Return to Seattle Mariners