Mariners @ Royals

BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Mariners @ Royals 

Post#1 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:07 pm

I cant get a read on this team at all. Haha. Get swept by the Yankees, win 2 against the Padres, lose two against the Padres, and now have won the first two against the Royals.

One thing I will say is that Rodney has been filthy as of late. Even yesterday when he gave up a couple of hits. I thought he had the best stuff he has had all year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Re: Mariners @ Royals 

Post#2 » by nuke the whales » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 am

Montero has a .786 OPS since he's been back
Morrison has a .691 OPS since he's been back
Miller has a .854 OPS so far in June
Ramirez in his last three starts has pitched 15.5 innings and given up 0 runs
Endy Chavez continues to be Endy Chavez
Ackley has been bad

We need to find two consistently productive hitters at 1B/DH and then just clean everyone else out regardless of who it is. Whether that's a trade, Montero sticking, Ji-Man Choi, I really don't care at this point.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:30 am

nuke the whales wrote:Montero has a .786 OPS since he's been back
Morrison has a .691 OPS since he's been back
Miller has a .854 OPS so far in June
Ramirez in his last three starts has pitched 15.5 innings and given up 0 runs
Endy Chavez continues to be Endy Chavez
Ackley has been bad

We need to find two consistently productive hitters at 1B/DH and then just clean everyone else out regardless of who it is.

If given the choice between Smoak and Morrison, and that's it, I'm going with Morrison at 1B. He's hitting the ball hard and, quite frankly, cannot be any worse than Smoak. Not that I want Smoak to stay in AAA...he's currently doing nothing and taking away at bats from Choi.
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#4 » by nuke the whales » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:03 am

Rodney saved all three games in the sweep of KC. Now we have 16 straight games against teams currently below .500 to hopefully get some people healthy and decide who stays and who goes.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:12 am

nuke the whales wrote:Rodney saved all three games in the sweep of KC. Now we have 16 straight games against teams currently below .500 to hopefully get some people healthy and decide who stays and who goes.

Strangely, we have a far better record against teams over .500 this season than teams under .500. And our record on the road is far better than our record at home. How odd that the worst situation for this team right now is playing a home game against a bad team?
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#6 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:24 pm

We still need another bat if we want to make the playoffs. We have arguably the best bullpen in the league and Felix/Kuma/Elias/ Young have been terrific, but damn; You cant keep expecting to win all of these games only scoring two runs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Seattle Mariners