SD @ Seattle

NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

SD @ Seattle 

Post#1 » by NateMustGo » Sat May 19, 2007 5:57 pm

I know no one like's to post in the middle of a losing streak but here go's we need a win. Maddux will face Ramirez.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#2 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Sat May 19, 2007 10:10 pm

Worst rivalry in all of baseball.

Now watch us go get smoked by the Padres. They've been playing very well this year.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Sun May 20, 2007 2:13 am

On a night when the M's are starting the one SP that probably needs the most help defensively...they also start Bloomquist at SS. Genius. Actually, maybe it is genius...give Yuni a day off during a game that you figure you're going to lose.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Sun May 20, 2007 9:36 am

Back to back solid outings by Ramirez. Its encouraging. But I swear, this guy seems to be really good, or really, REALLY bad. >_>

I'm really loving the pickup of Jose Guillen. He was in a bit of a slump there, but that guy can flat out rake. I love his power. Dont want him in the 3 hole (as he fits better around 4 or 5), but he should definitely be moved up in the order in favor of Sexson. God I'm sick and tired of Richie coming up with a guy on third, less than 2 outs, and not doing anything productive.

Oh, and Ichiro has 9 steals in his last 8 games. @_@
Blaze the Nugz
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#5 » by Blaze the Nugz » Sun May 20, 2007 7:06 pm

If Ichiro really wanted to, he could steal 100 bases in a season no problem.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Sun May 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:
I'm really loving the pickup of Jose Guillen. He was in a bit of a slump there, but that guy can flat out rake. I love his power. Dont want him in the 3 hole (as he fits better around 4 or 5), but he should definitely be moved up in the order in favor of Sexson.

I actually like him in the #3 spot. He seems to be producing, and I can think of anyone else who would be a better option on the team right now. Richie can't hit, Ibanez can't hit anything besides singles, Vidro hits into double plays...go with Guillen.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Mon May 21, 2007 1:47 am

So, you're down 2-1 in the bottom of the ninth inning, and you have runners on first and second with nobody out. Beltre comes to the plate, and Hoffman has looked very hittable against the first two batters.

What do you do?

Of course, you have Beltre up there sacrificing, which he's going to fail at, costing you an out when he eventually pops up with two strikes from two failed bunts.

Why? Why would you do that? You have the tying run in scoring position, so decide to give the Padres an out? You decide to Yuni or Lopez will come through with one down?

M's lose, Hargrove's a douche...some things never change.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#8 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon May 21, 2007 7:23 am

I just love how Felix allows only two runs and the Mariners still find ways to lose.

It hasn't been the story this year, but I wonder if we'll revert back to the days of horrendous run support for a couple select pitchers.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#9 » by BlackMamba » Mon May 21, 2007 3:10 pm

the mariners really need to find a balance.

when the pitching is doing fine the offense sucks, or when the offense is hitting weaver is pitching...

Return to Seattle Mariners