ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Wizards(Mond., 8:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,858

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Wizards(Mond., 8:30PMEST) 

Post#101 » by Dirk » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:23 pm

60/21/10
Darren
RealGM
And1: 833

Post#102 » by Darren » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:31 pm

The sudden change of the starting lineup doesn't work as good as expected. Compared with the previous game, the Mavs relies on iso a lot while against the OKC team, passing and pressing defense are on display right from the click start. Washington should learns the role and improves the ability to space the floor before starting. And this is a scenario needs fixture. The Mavs consistently plays without energy against non-playoff team just like the way that Slovenia was defeated by Poland. I think this is leadership issue, The coach, the captions should find a way to fix it.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#103 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:45 pm

As ugly of a win as you could get, but as others have said, a win is a win. There's zero excuse to lost to the Wizards, Poole and Kuzma are losing players and they're leading the charge. But Deni is getting the recognition he deserves, I cant believe there are people who had even a blink of a thought that some guy named Green drafted in the same year was better.

Anyway, hopefully they find a way to get PJ more involved and a part of the team. But thank you for beating the abortion and car jacking capital of the USA.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,979

Post#104 » by Mavrelous » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:09 pm

Archx wrote:It's easier to win if you have a DPOY candidate on your team aswell.

Read on Twitter

Dude I love Luka, but come on...
He locks near the end of games but he's taken off the dribble all game long, Deni was torching him.
Josh Green BTW, was biting on every small fake Tyus was doing, he needs to have some sense slapped into him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,220

Post#105 » by Archx » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:13 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Dude I love Luka, but come on...

Was sarcasm mate :D But it's a response to those who say he's a traffic cone on defense. But apparently even some people in media are starting to recognize he's actually at least trying to put some effort in, which is a good sign.

Read on Twitter
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#106 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:47 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:It's easier to win if you have a DPOY candidate on your team aswell.

Read on Twitter

He locks near the end of games but he's taken off the dribble all game long, Deni was torching him.
Josh Green BTW, was biting on every small fake Tyus was doing, he needs to have some sense slapped into him.

Speak truth Khalil. This is the 2nd time Tyus has made Green look inept. There's no defending Josh green at this point, especially since he doesnt defend himself
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,979

Post#107 » by Mavrelous » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:50 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Read on Twitter

Speak truth Khalil. This is the 2nd time Tyus has made Green look inept. There's no defending Josh green at this point, especially since he doesnt defend himself

He defended well everyone else he was tasked with, but with Tyus he was really bad, he needs to learn player's fakes after 1st/2nd times.
I saw Sweeney pulling him to the side and talking to him, maybe he was covering this.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
AJace
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#108 » by AJace » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:07 pm

You take that win considering how bad the team shot from 3 in the first 3 quarters. Gafford was a beast. Years of Powell desensitized me to what it feels like to have a true center lol. But why was he benched in the fourth though? :crazy:

PJ was 0-5 from 3 but still managed to contribute 9 points. Grant going 0-for from 3 would give you 0 points that night.

Hardy saved this game honestly. It's gonna be tough to find consistent minutes for him especially when Exum returns but he's proven how we can singlehandedly turn the tides around in a game.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,923

Post#109 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:07 pm

Maverick41 wrote:Nice strong drive by PJ at the end of the shot clock. If that was Grant, he would have either a) got blocked or b) fell down and begged for a foul call.

You forgot to dribble it off his foot as he falls.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,867

Post#110 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:12 pm

Darren wrote:The sudden change of the starting lineup doesn't work as good as expected. Compared with the previous game, the Mavs relies on iso a lot while against the OKC team, passing and pressing defense are on display right from the click start. Washington should learns the role and improves the ability to space the floor before starting. And this is a scenario needs fixture. The Mavs consistently plays without energy against non-playoff team just like the way that Slovenia was defeated by Poland. I think this is leadership issue, The coach, the captions should find a way to fix it.

That was the 30th different starting lineup for the Mavs... It's hard to build chemistry. They need time.
Don't worry my friend.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,971

Post#111 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:47 pm

FYI don't count on Gafford playing big minutes. The most minutes per game he played for us was 26 for the season. He plays hard but has trouble sustaining it for 30+ minutes.

You don't need big minutes from him anyway as long as one of Kleber/Lively are healthy.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 362

Post#112 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:02 pm

AJace wrote:You take that win considering how bad the team shot from 3 in the first 3 quarters. Gafford was a beast. Years of Powell desensitized me to what it feels like to have a true center lol. But why was he benched in the fourth though? :crazy:

PJ was 0-5 from 3 but still managed to contribute 9 points. Grant going 0-for from 3 would give you 0 points that night.

Hardy saved this game honestly. It's gonna be tough to find consistent minutes for him especially when Exum returns but he's proven how we can singlehandedly turn the tides around in a game.

Had watched PJ for 2 games, he has the potential to be the best 2 way player available on the team, if his 3PT can back to 38% as he has done in his rookie year.

Hardy can take over THJ minutes, if his shooting can be like today. He did struggle the whole season, but seems to be on fire on recent games.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#113 » by BeiBeau » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:47 pm

AJace wrote:You take that win considering how bad the team shot from 3 in the first 3 quarters. Gafford was a beast. Years of Powell desensitized me to what it feels like to have a true center lol. But why was he benched in the fourth though? :crazy:

Maxi’s defense on Deni was better last night so he got the play in the clutch.

I think right now Hardy’s minutes are clear. THJ needs a heat check rule, if he misses 3-5 shots then Hardy should sub in for him.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#114 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:21 pm

tontoz wrote:FYI don't count on Gafford playing big minutes. The most minutes per game he played for us was 26 for the season. He plays hard but has trouble sustaining it for 30+ minutes.

You don't need big minutes from him anyway as long as one of Kleber/Lively are healthy.

Yea hopefully Lively can be available and healthy when he comes back. He's ben great, just seems to have an issue with the injury bug. If we can have a center rotation of Lively/Gafford/Maxi, I think Dallas would be in fairly good shape.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#115 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
tontoz wrote:FYI don't count on Gafford playing big minutes. The most minutes per game he played for us was 26 for the season. He plays hard but has trouble sustaining it for 30+ minutes.

Yea hopefully Lively can be available and healthy when he comes back. He's ben great, just seems to have an issue with the injury bug. If we can have a center rotation of Lively/Gafford/Maxi, I think Dallas would be in fairly good shape.

I would think that Maxi also gets some time backing up the 4.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#116 » by daoneandonly » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:30 pm

tontoz wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Yea he surely will, or at least should. WIth Kidd you never really know, his decision making can really be head scratching.

BTW, as a Wiz fan, do you live in the DMV? Im a Mavs fan, but Maryland born and raised.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,867

Post#117 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:35 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
tontoz wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Yea he surely will, or at least should. WIth Kidd you never really know, his decision making can really be head scratching.

BTW, as a Wiz fan, do you live in the DMV? Im a Mavs fan, but Maryland born and raised.

PJ-DJJ-Maxi
Lively-Gafford-Maxi

Good bigs rotation, it's a dream after years of trash :lol:
Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Post#118 » by Swish77 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 pm

Win is a win It wasn't pretty but i'll take it. I'm still riding with THJ. Everyone who's dogging him now but later on when we need him he will show up and win us a game like he has many times before.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#119 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:52 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
tontoz wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Yeah I live in MD. Grew up here, moved to Atlanta for 12 years, then came back to MD.

Been a long dry spell for the team. We haven't had a 50 win season since 1979 :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks