ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Kings (10PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Kings (10PMEST) 

Post#101 » by Teffer10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

BeiBeau wrote:I officially think Hardy is better then THJ in just about every category expect volume shooting. I think trading THJ to any team that could use some shooting for scraps would he addition by subtraction.

I know Wiggins is somewhat of a head case, but if GSW would take THJ and Green for him, the Mavs would be pretty well set.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#102 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

the only reason why we are talking about DFS is because he is a lost brother. But let's be honest. I would not give up to much, i think he is not far away from being washed.
Like we are the only fanbase that probably talks itself into him. That should say enough
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 850

Post#103 » by Teffer10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 am

The bashing of Green on this board has become ridiculous.
That said, Green is beginning to remind me of a SG/SF version of Powell. Dude hustles his butt off and is all over the court but yields very little in terms of stats.
I keep thinking he'll take his game to another level but it doesnt seem it is going to happen as a Mav.
I do think a change of scenery would be mutually beneficial at this point because I believe the kid still has a decent upside in the right situation.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#104 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

If you would trade Green to a bad team that gives him a place to grow and playing time he can develop into a solid 16/4/4 guy. But here is no room for errors and therefore no room for him
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#105 » by Bob8 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 am

Teffer10 wrote:The bashing of Green on this board has become ridiculous.
That said, Green is beginning to remind me of a SG/SF version of Powell. Dude hustles his butt off and is all over the court but yields very little in terms of stats.
I keep thinking he'll take his game to another level but it doesnt seem it is going to happen as a Mav.
I do think a change of scenery would be mutually beneficial at this point because I believe the kid still has a decent upside in the right situation.

On paper Mavs should be the best for him, especially now with much higher tempo. For that, he should be lockdown defender. That's what team with Luka and Kyrie needs. Unfortunately his D is comically bad considering hype. If he was defender like Washington is on his position, we would be all thrilled to have him. In reality DJJ and Exum are better defenders. Exum being playmaker too. That makes him very expendable.

I doubt very much he can be better in a team with much less spacing and less wide open shots.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,044

Post#106 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

Bob8 wrote:

On paper Mavs should be the best for him, especially now with much higher tempo. For that, he should be lockdown defender. That's what team with Luka and Kyrie needs. Unfortunately his D is comically bad considering hype. If he was defender like Washington is on his position, we would be all thrilled to have him. In reality DJJ and Exum are better defenders. Exum being playmaker too. That makes him very expendable.

I doubt very much he can be better in a team with much less spacing and less wide open shots.

I honestly think he deserves all the criticism he gets. He played his best ball when he was contract extension eligible, then regressed back, to me that says it all. He may appear to hustle sure, but what does it do? He constantly loses his man on defense, and makes boneheaded decisions on offense. Bane called him out as a DNP scrub, for most guys that would be bulletin board material and im going to destroy you next time we play, instead Green cowers and allows Bane to be his daddy.

I think the team and he would be better off if the 2 parted ways.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,038

Post#107 » by BeiBeau » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I honestly think he deserves all the criticism he gets. He played his best ball when he was contract extension eligible, then regressed back, to me that says it all. He may appear to hustle sure, but what does it do? He constantly loses his man on defense, and makes boneheaded decisions on offense. Bane called him out as a DNP scrub, for most guys that would be bulletin board material and im going to destroy you next time we play, instead Green cowers and allows Bane to be his daddy.

I think the team and he would be better off if the 2 parted ways.

Green’s criticism depends. Does he deserve criticism from regular people sure. Is he so bad that he 1) lives rent free in your head, 2) has every post you make be about how bad he is, and 3) has you making up head cannons about his character? No he’s not that bad it’s just delusion on your part. Also he’s virtually the exact same player he was last season as this season, so crying regression is you just making stuff up.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,038

Post#108 » by BeiBeau » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

Green’s fine. His defense woes are way overblown. He has his moments of plenty and his moments of famine on that end. But he’s still positive on that end.

On a team with plenty of volume guys Green’s high efficiency is nice.

Daoneandonly complains about Green’s trade value on the T&T board because he fundamentally doesn’t understand how trades work. Trading Green into cap space for the #31 pick to Utah is the most recent one he posted. Why would Utah do that?

Greens a good depth piece, but the Jazz suck, they have depth what they need is star power. The way they get that is with cap space and high draft picks. Why would the Jazz sacrifice future flexibility and a mid level draft asset to build depth? The problem with a trade like that isn’t with Josh’s value, it’s the frame work of the deal itself.

This summer I want Dallas to upgrade the starting 3 spot into a lockdown defender. Using Green or THJ contract to upgrade is something that Dallas could do. Trying to dump them into someone else’s cap space is a fundamental misunderstanding of how NBA teams operate.
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,100

Post#109 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Yea that's the thing 41, he's indeed mediocre at best.

Yet he still has groupies (like some guy who apparently quoted me despite being on my ignore list) who think he's solid even though every thing is showing the team is better without him, despite having a lack of wings

I agree with your assessment on Green, as well as ignoring that some guy. All those praise he made about Green is nothing but completely nonsense and horsepoopoo.

Exactly!

It must be a coincidence that mavs are playing so well without Green. There is no more brainless mad dog chasing a frisbee. That some guy must enjoy watching football than basketball. LOL
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,044

Post#110 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
I agree with your assessment on Green, as well as ignoring that some guy. All those praise he made about Green is nothing but completely nonsense and horsepoopoo.

Exactly!

It must be a coincidence that mavs are playing so well without Green. There is no more brainless mad dog chasing a frisbee. That some guy must enjoy watching football than basketball. LOL

Haha spot on analogy to describe him. He's also like a bird who flies head on to a window

Return to Dallas Mavericks