ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,718

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#141 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:More importantly we have to support Mavs till the end in good and bad. Time for anger and debates will be, when season ends. I will ask you again, how stupid will all those debates look, if Mavs wins something and Luka starts to play better?

I only agreed with people who observed the same thing, that he's fat for a pro NBA athlete. You are AGAIN making it way more than it has to be. I never said Mavs won't win anything... But Luka's body is a problem, a huge problem, that's a fact. Injuries or no injuries, it's a problem.

Being fat is for sure not the reason that he can't shoot anymore after 10 days rest. Sometimes a little logic should be applied.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,115

Post#142 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm

Josh Green his normal garbage self, but dont want to unleash Juan and Teff (and 2 others i have on ignore) who cant stand him being called out for being a straight bum.

For every 1 game Green plays well, he's trash for 9. And never has he ever been exceptional.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#143 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 14, 2024 12:43 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:More importantly we have to support Mavs till the end in good and bad. Time for anger and debates will be, when season ends. I will ask you again, how stupid will all those debates look, if Mavs wins something and Luka starts to play better?

I only agreed with people who observed the same thing, that he's fat for a pro NBA athlete. You are AGAIN making it way more than it has to be. I never said Mavs won't win anything... But Luka's body is a problem, a huge problem, that's a fact. Injuries or no injuries, it's a problem.

Being fat is for sure not the reason that he can't shoot anymore after 10 days rest. Sometimes a little logic should be applied.

But Bob, you dont defend Mavs, you're just defending Luka. The fundamental diff here is you're team Luka, which we all understand, he's your countryman and you have no other ties to a Texas team in America. But most of us are about the team, and Luka's lack of maturity and discipline have been hurting this team, now at the most important time.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,305

Post#144 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 12:48 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Bob...

10 days rest when you're preparing for playoff games is not as 10 days rest during the summer when you can just relax on couch and rehab by doing nothing.

10 days rest preparing for games means that you still need to go to the gym and still try to keep your body in some kind of a rythm by being active. That's a hugeeeee difference.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#145 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:52 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

But Bob, you dont defend Mavs, you're just defending Luka. The fundamental diff here is you're team Luka, which we all understand, he's your countryman and you have no other ties to a Texas team in America. But most of us are about the team, and Luka's lack of maturity and discipline have been hurting this team, now at the most important time.

I said he is being bad in playoffs. I said he was awful yesterday. But I'm saying that you can't play great, have 10 days rest, and can't shoot anymore because you're fat and have bas conditioning. Maybe you should find more logical reason, why is doing that poor.

What if fat Luka start balling suddenly? What will reasoning for that be? He plays good because he's fat? :lol: May remind you that series is tied, 2:2.

Just a little bit of patience and you can throw all the garbage on a player you didn't want in the first place. I won't object.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 839

Post#146 » by Darren » Tue May 14, 2024 12:54 pm

I think Chet is the major reason for ineffective Kyrie and Luka. Unable to resolve this, it's difficult to win this series.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#147 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 14, 2024 12:57 pm

Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I said he is being bad in playoffs. I said he was awful yesterday. But I'm saying that you can't play great, have 10 days rest, and can't shoot anymore because you're fat and have bas conditioning. Maybe you should find more logical reason, why is doing that poor.

What if fat Luka start balling suddenly? What will reasoning for that be? He plays good because he's fat? :lol: May remind you that series is tied, 2:2.

Just a little bit of patience and you can throw all the garbage on a player you didn't want in the first place. I won't object.

He's out of shape, I dont think thats debatable. Not to mention its more than just physically where he has a lack of discipline, mentally too. He is always barking and complaining to the refs. He's supposed to be the leader and but he still behaves like a rookie many nights. It hurts the team in so many ways

And as Arch mentioned, these injuries are a result of his fitness routine, diet, and probably partying/hookah too much. The more time you spend on your body getting it in athletic tip top shape, the less likely you are to have nagging injuries. Hence why Lebron was rarely ever hurt until he got old.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#148 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:57 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Bob...

10 days rest when you're preparing for playoff games is not as 10 days rest during the summer when you can just relax on couch and rehab by doing nothing.

10 days rest preparing for games means that you still need to go to the gym and still try to keep your body in some kind of a rythm by being active. That's a hugeeeee difference.

And you think Mavs didn't have preparation before the playoffs? You believe that Luka was partying, drinking and eating doing nothing?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#149 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:02 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

He's out of shape, I dont think thats debatable. Not to mention its more than just physically where he has a lack of discipline, mentally too. He is always barking and complaining to the refs. He's supposed to be the leader and but he still behaves like a rookie many nights. It hurts the team in so many ways

And as Arch mentioned, these injuries are a result of his fitness routine, diet, and probably partying/hookah too much. The more time you spend on your body getting it in athletic tip top shape, the less likely you are to have nagging injuries. Hence why Lebron was rarely ever hurt until he got old.

Yes he's not LeBron and can't be even if he trains like no one before.

Mistery is how out of shape Luka lasted 70 games, playing the best basketball of his career and then after 10 days of rest, he's suddenly totally out of shape, that he can't hit anything anymore.

How you, Archx and some others didn't notice his bad conditioning in the RS, where they played 5 games a week with travelling all the time? I don't remember anyone saying he's out of shape then. 34/9/10, 62% TS, 38.5% 3s, with the biggest usage in Nba and being out of shape, fat, smoker, heavy drinker... :lol:
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,619

Post#150 » by Maverick41 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:05 pm

I agree with Bob on this. The highs and lows on this board in wins and losses always seems to be too extreme, especially in losses.

It's fair to critique Luka for this game. He didn't perform like he's capable of and he choked. Let's hope he brings it next game to make up for it. This series is still 2-2 and we're more then capable of being able to take this series. I for one still believe.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,122

Post#151 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 1:16 pm

Maverick41 wrote:

I agree with Bob on this. The highs and lows on this board in wins and losses always seems to be too extreme, especially in losses.

It's fair to critique Luka for this game. He didn't perform like he's capable of and he choked. Let's hope he brings it next game to make up for it. This series is still 2-2 and we're more then capable of being able to take this series. I for one still believe.

Alternative possibility we lose this series and Luka is not in shape next years playoffs, do we just keep giving him a pass and stay "optimistic"? There's nothing wrong with being critical of someone on your favorite team in my book. There is no rule you have to be a rah rah cheerleader. I don't operate like that. It's the rah rah cheerleaders that get offended when you say something logical like Bob8. It's just words on a screen and getting offended by it says a lot about you. Your fandom does not give you the right to dictate other's opinions. It's a basketball player that you never met get over it get tougher.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#152 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 14, 2024 1:16 pm

Maverick41 wrote:

Hoping the best for the Mavs as we all should, our team. But its getting harder to watch Luka just chuck up these step back 3's and whine to the refs. Its well documented he likes to party/hookah/drink; it seems that may be just a big priority for him than being in the best physical shape he can during the season. So its frustrating as a fan.
Archx
RealGM

Post#153 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 1:18 pm

Bob8 wrote:Mistery is how out of shape Luka lasted 70 games, playing the best basketball of his career and then after 10 days of rest, he's suddenly totally out of shape, that he can't hit anything anymore.

On average he misses 15.3 games per year, he broke down again this year before the end and is almost a complete non factor during OKC series.

If you want to defend the fitnes level of that type of athlete, fine.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#154 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:25 pm

Luka is not in best shape for sure, that's not even debatable.
I would like to say that it's the main reason of his **** POs but can't be just this.
In game 5 against Clips he played his best PO game and his condition wasn't better than Yesterday.

Tonight he was lazy, scared and he did not make a shot in a ocean. He lacks of confidence too.
Irving is the leader of the Mavs, no doubt about it.
He setted the tone and carried the team all nights.

I don't know what happens to him but he is not the real Luka Doncic. And it's even worse than a simple "bad shape" season. Much worse.

I think the problems are in his head more than his body. He can't miss that FT because he is fat.
I don't remember him miss a FT in the clutch.

I'm annoyed about his clown half court shots routine too.
Be serious please, the Harden career is around the corner.

Of course a puppet like Kidd on the bench can't help for sure.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#155 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:27 pm

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Mistery is how out of shape Luka lasted 70 games, playing the best basketball of his career and then after 10 days of rest, he's suddenly totally out of shape, that he can't hit anything anymore.

On average he misses 15.3 games per year, he broke down again this year before the end and is almost a complete non factor during OKC series.

If you want to defend the fitnes level of that type of athlete, fine.

What has average to do with this season? He played 70 games, 12 more than Kyrie and more than majority of Mavs. Are all Mavs players bad conditioned?

Yes, 34/9/10 with 62% TS in 70 games and the biggest usage in Nba is showing very respectable fitness level.

We don't know what is going on in playoffs, I doubt that being questionable every day is a sign that everything is ok. He for sure should have rested few games, but unfortunately Mavs haven't anyone to even take his playmaking duties, so he's playing, while many stars are missing games. I would believe that his commitment is admirable, but I guess you would rather that he misses games before he's ok. Saying that, I believe that he's psychologically broken, RS had just psychologically drained him.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 106

Post#156 » by MassimoPayne » Tue May 14, 2024 1:32 pm

Man this one sucks. I had a bad feeling the whole game. Mavs played so much better but couldn't defend or extend their lead. You could already see in the first half what might happen when SGA turn on. And he did and we lost. They way we lost was really devestating. It feels really bad. We had our chances to at least make it even and go to OT. THJ first hit a big three and then just threw it away.
I thought this would be the game where they bring Exum and give him the ball. But no, DJJ and THJ bring the ball in close situations.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore

Post#157 » by MassimoPayne » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 pm

Do you guys think Luka looks fat because he takes cortisone or something for his pain? there is no way he gains so fast weight while playing so much basketball
Bob8
General Manager

Post#158 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:49 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:

Alternative possibility we lose this series and Luka is not in shape next years playoffs, do we just keep giving him a pass and stay "optimistic"? There's nothing wrong with being critical of someone on your favorite team in my book. There is no rule you have to be a rah rah cheerleader. I don't operate like that. It's the rah rah cheerleaders that get offended when you say something logical like Bob8. It's just words on a screen and getting offended by it says a lot about you. Your fandom does not give you the right to dictate other's opinions. It's a basketball player that you never met get over it get tougher.

You can write whatever you want and I can express my opinion about the logic you're using. The problem you and some others fans here have, that you as a fan and Mavs supporter should hope that I'm right. ;)
Archx
RealGM

Post#159 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 1:57 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:Do you guys think Luka looks fat because he takes cortisone or something for his pain? there is no way he gains so fast weight while playing so much basketball

I think it's simply a bad diet. For a young athlete who's constantly on the move and playing at the highest levels, there is no other logical explanation. But like i said 1000 times, all of that could be avoided if he simply prepared more in the off season. Lebron spends almost 1M on training, imagine if Luka was dedicated at least 1/3rd of that.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore

Post#160 » by MassimoPayne » Tue May 14, 2024 2:06 pm

Archx wrote:
MassimoPayne wrote:Do you guys think Luka looks fat because he takes cortisone or something for his pain? there is no way he gains so fast weight while playing so much basketball

I think it's simply a bad diet. For a young athlete who's constantly on the move and playing at the highest levels, there is no other logical explanation. But like i said 1000 times, all of that could be avoided if he simply prepared more in the off season. Lebron spends almost 1M on training, imagine if Luka was dedicated at least 1/3rd of that.

But Luka looked good at the beginning of the season. He got worse especially between end of reg season and playoffs which was only 10 days

Return to Dallas Mavericks