ImageImageImage

Game 68: Thunder (37-29) @ Mavericks (42-25)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

N8N
Rookie
And1: 236

Re: Re: Game 68: Thunder (37-29) @ Mavericks (42-25) 

Post#61 » by N8N » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:18 am

MainEv3nt wrote:LMAO @ some the earlier posts in this thread.

"im done with this team"

Heat of the moment. :D Game's turned around since then.

Great great win.
Nowitness
General Manager
And1: 4,439

Re: Game 68: Thunder (37-29) @ Mavericks (42-25) 

Post#62 » by Nowitness » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:18 am

What a big win, everybody stepped up when they had to. This is the team that can win big in the Playoffs.
Nowitnessing a legend
ILC
Starter
And1: 1,922

Post#63 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:21 am

spearsy23 wrote:Okay, this is the stupidest effing reffing ever. Can we just pretend this game never happened? You can have the win, it's been terrible both ways, but let's just pretend it was a forfeit?

Oh, you mean when Westbrook flopped on that jumper and refs whistled a ghost foul on Rondo and then the next posession Westbrook slaps Chandler on the hand and they call it a clean block? I agree refs were blowing the whistle too much throughout the game, but this is a deserved win for Dallas.
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Redemption. Water into wine....rondo is Jesus
avon barksdale
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#64 » by avon barksdale » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 am

Very entertaining game but rebounding is going to be our Achilles heel, 8 combined boards by our starting forwards ain't getting it done. Its not very encouraging barely beating a team missing two of their top three on the second night of a b2b
EntropyPR
Banned User
And1: 2,381

Post#65 » by EntropyPR » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 am

Much needed back-to-back wins! Hopefully this is the start of a trend.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#66 » by spearsy23 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 am

Ugh. Well, it was a much more well played game than officiated. Congrats to your guys for overcoming and playing through.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Nowitness
General Manager

Post#67 » by Nowitness » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:24 am

spearsy23 wrote:Okay, this is the stupidest effing reffing ever. Can we just pretend this game never happened? You can have the win, it's been terrible both ways, but let's just pretend it was a forfeit?

Refs called bs on both ends and Mavs found a way out of the rubble, Thunder lost two guys, but Mavs were close with guys and didn't make risky plays like Westbrook. A horribly reffed game, but a pretty fair win aside for Dallas when both teams were getting horrible calls.
Nowitnessing a legend
Heezzi
Pro Prospect
And1: 259

Post#68 » by Heezzi » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:25 am

Was Parsons wearing Jordans?
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#69 » by spearsy23 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:26 am

IlCapitano wrote:

Oh, you mean when Westbrook flopped on that jumper and refs whistled a ghost foul on Rondo and then the next posession Westbrook slaps Chandler on the hand and they call it a clean block? I agree refs were blowing the whistle too much throughout the game, but this is a deserved win for Dallas.

Or when Westbrook was clearly fouled and they decided it was offensive? Or when Villanueva got the charge call despite having no position? Or the blatantly non flagrant 'flagrant' on Westbrook? There were about a million examples of horrible calls both ways, that was the point. It was terrible officiating, not one sided officiating.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ILC
Starter

Post#70 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:26 am

And this game and this whole situation with the Mavs and the crysis they were in just separates men from boys. Rondo was so much criticised since he came to Dallas, people saying playoff Rondo doesn't exist anymore, and he just showed he's back tonight. This fire in his eyes, hustle, explosiveness, passing, defense is what makes playoff Rondo. He can dominate the entire game by just scoring 10 points.

Excellent game from Parsons and Dirk. I'm so glad he's hitting those shots again. And I've got to confess I haven't been his biggest fan, bud dude is straight out balling. So good since coming back.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#71 » by spearsy23 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:27 am

MavsManiac4Life wrote:

Refs called bs on both ends and Mavs found a way out of the rubble, Thunder lost two guys, but Mavs were close with guys and didn't make risky plays like Westbrook. A horribly reffed game, but a pretty fair win aside for Dallas when both teams were getting horrible calls.

That was my point, I wasn't saying it was favoring either team. I just want to forget that horrible excuse for a game ever happened. :lol:
ILC
Starter

Post#72 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:28 am

spearsy23 wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:

Or when Westbrook was clearly fouled and they decided it was offensive? Or when Villanueva got the charge call despite having no position? Or the blatantly non flagrant 'flagrant' on Westbrook? There were about a million examples of horrible calls both ways, that was the point. It was terrible officiating, not one sided officiating.

Westbrook pushed Rondo away with his hand on that 5th foul, that's clean. And the last time I checked it's not allowed to charge into someone with your head and shoulders, no matter if he was set. And if they called a flagrant on Chandler that was a flagrant on Russ too.

I said I agree the refs blew too much tonight, but they didn't decide this game. It was a clean, fair and square win by the Mavs.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#73 » by spearsy23 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:32 am

IlCapitano wrote:[
Westbrook pushed Rondo away with his hand on that 5th foul, that's clean. And the last time I checked it's not allowed to charge into someone with your head and shoulders, no matter if he was set. And if they called a flagrant on Chandler that was a flagrant on Russ too.

I said I agree the refs blew too much tonight, but they didn't decide this game. It was a clean, fair and square win by the Mavs.

So, if you agree why are we arguing?
ILC
Starter

Post#74 » by ILC » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:33 am

spearsy23 wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:[

So, if you agree why are we arguing?

I don't know. lol
N8N
Rookie
And1: 236

Re: Re: Game 68: Thunder (37-29) @ Mavericks (42-25) 

Post#75 » by N8N » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:33 am

spearsy23 wrote:Ugh. Well, it was a much more well played game than officiated. Congrats to your guys for overcoming and playing through.

You're right. You're still coming in 7th or 8th, relax.

And with Durant and Ibaka back in time for the PS, one of the most feared low seed in history. You'll be just fine.
Nowitness
General Manager

Post#76 » by Nowitness » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:33 am

spearsy23 wrote:
MavsManiac4Life wrote:

That was my point, I wasn't saying it was favoring either team. I just want to forget that horrible excuse for a game ever happened. :lol:

Ah, OK, my bad, fair enough. It was definitely ugly.
Nowitnessing a legend
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#77 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 am

avon barksdale wrote:Very entertaining game but rebounding is going to be our Achilles heel, 8 combined boards by our starting forwards ain't getting it done. Its not very encouraging barely beating a team missing two of their top three on the second night of a b2b

Might wanna throw our starting Center into that discussion even before the other 2 guys.
avon barksdale
Banned User

Post#78 » by avon barksdale » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:36 am

spearsy23 wrote:
IlCapitano wrote:

Wait, so that westbrook wasn't a flagrant, what the hell were you watching, I'll agree officiating was atrocious but that was a blatent flagrant, the terrible flagrant tyson got was one of the worst calls of the season
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#79 » by bobsquad » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:37 am

One can hope Aminu comes back from his injury as fresh as Parsons did... CP's shooting 61% since his return, ridiculous for a jump shooter.
avon barksdale
Banned User

Post#80 » by avon barksdale » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:39 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
avon barksdale wrote:Very entertaining game but rebounding is going to be our Achilles heel, 8 combined boards by our starting forwards ain't getting it done. Its not very encouraging barely beating a team missing two of their top three on the second night of a b2b

Might wanna throw our starting Center into that discussion even before the other 2 guys.

I agree he got manhandled however in a few of his scenarios he didn't get rebounds because he was challenging penetration, dirk and parsons played zero defense and still didn't get and rebounds, we need 15 boards a night from our starting forwards

Return to Dallas Mavericks