ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Kings (Tonight, 7:30PM)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Kings (Tonight, 7:30PM) 

Post#61 » by Archx » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:31 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Luka, THJ and Hardy can't play together.
Kidd rotations are a joke.

Would you believe me if i tell you that a lineup that has Hardy, THj and Luka together is -34 pts per 100 poss? :lol:

Basically all problems Mavs had for the past few years came up again in these past few games. Kidd has kinda became good at adjusting at half time but his rotations are still a problem. Though i am willing to cut him some slack because a 19yo rookie is the only proper big guy he has available on the roster.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#62 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:18 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Luka, THJ and Hardy can't play together.
Kidd rotations are a joke.

Would you believe me if i tell you that a lineup that has Hardy, THj and Luka together is -34 pts per 100 poss? :lol:

Basically all problems Mavs had for the past few years came up again in these past few games. Kidd has kinda became good at adjusting at half time but his rotations are still a problem. Though i am willing to cut him some slack because a 19yo rookie is the only proper big guy he has available on the roster.

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't know that stat :banghead: but the eye test was clear to me.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#63 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:56 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Shut up man, you are like a broken disk.

Kyrie is playing well, he is not a problem for this team.
Your personal battle has been a pain in the ass.

We need upgrades on the supporting cast and on the bench. Watch games instead of boxscore or highlights.

You looks like stupid like Beibau or some other posters. Please. Stop.

You f in shut up! Learn to face catastrophic mistakes. Stop being sorry ass Kyrie apologize.

We need upgrades on front court. We need rebounding, size, rim protection.
Guess what? You do not get that if you spend your trade assets and salary cap for Kyrie who sucked for last 7-years.

Kyrie as max player --> Misery

Name 1 Wing/C all star that you can have for DFS+Dinwiddie and '29 FRP. I'm waiting.

The most pathetic thing about your criticism is that Irving is probably playing the best basketball of his career :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are free to throw **** on Irving, i don't care... just wait until you play a few games badly otherwise you'll just make the whole forum laugh :wink:

Kyrie's best made this club from 4th seed in the conference to 11th seed. **** Kyrie. 7 years of terrible failures with him.

DFS+Dinwiddie and unprotected first where Luka will most likely go had a value.
For instance, Aaron Gordon was traded for a lesser package back then. Gary Harris, R.J. Hampton and protected 2025 first-round pick. Who would be the best available for last year? I do not know as I am not a GM that made the calls. Perhaps Jerami Grant?

Its about investing your last assets + MAX cap space to a headache who does not bring Ws. Doesnt fit with Luka either.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#64 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:02 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Captain_Obvious wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Anyone got the contact details of Mavs film coordinator?
Read on Twitter
?s=20

its perfect

nobody is covered or boxed out - beautiful

2 of them are vets, Luka and THJ, SMH...

Most probably after an offensive rebound.

I mean, we all know Luka and THJ are impacting negatively on defense. Kyrie on top this...

Then, trying to balance this with Derrick Jones Jr does not work.

Mavs should've invested in SF-PF player who earns max money and then find some vet. min players to cover 2nd-3rd guard scorer roles.

Reggie Jackson-Luka-Aaron Gordon sounds more balanced than Kyrie-Luka-DJJ.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#65 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:04 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:What a stupid move by Duarte, he hacked Luka's arm...

Unlike Bucks game, this game wasn't really affected by officiating, but how this call was overturned I have no clue
Read on Twitter
?s=20

You can say it's very minor contact on the arm, but it's still contact, and McGee was clobbering Luka from the other side.

Mcgee is definitely fouling, there is no other explanation. And minor contact on the arm also comes with a foul intent so offensive players may not want to follow through in such an instance and prefer taking the foul instead of the hit.

If refs allowed Mavs to have this type of defense, we would do better on defense for sure. Lately, they have been working against us in a few of the losses. NBA, refs, match-fixing, betting...
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 944

Post#66 » by Captain_Obvious » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:10 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Captain_Obvious wrote:its perfect

nobody is covered or boxed out - beautiful

2 of them are vets, Luka and THJ, SMH...

I mean, we all know Luka and THJ are impacting negatively on defense. Kyrie on top this...

Mavs should've invested in SF-PF player who earns max money and then find some vet. min players to cover 2nd-3rd guard scorer roles.

Everyone by now has realized you hate Kyrie

He is not even in this picture

You are just waiting for him to have a bad game - guess you have to single him out if the team loses instead
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#67 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:22 pm

He has been waiting for 6 months... but I'm confident, Irving will play a bad game sooner or later... Maybe...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:35 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:You f in shut up! Learn to face catastrophic mistakes. Stop being sorry ass Kyrie apologize.

We need upgrades on front court. We need rebounding, size, rim protection.
Guess what? You do not get that if you spend your trade assets and salary cap for Kyrie who sucked for last 7-years.

Kyrie as max player --> Misery

Name 1 Wing/C all star that you can have for DFS+Dinwiddie and '29 FRP. I'm waiting.

The most pathetic thing about your criticism is that Irving is probably playing the best basketball of his career :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are free to throw **** on Irving, i don't care... just wait until you play a few games badly otherwise you'll just make the whole forum laugh :wink:

Kyrie's best made this club from 4th seed in the conference to 11th seed. **** Kyrie. 7 years of terrible failures with him.

For instance, Aaron Gordon was traded for a lesser package back then. Gary Harris, R.J. Hampton and protected 2025 first-round pick. Who would be the best available for last year? I do not know as I am not a GM that made the calls. Perhaps Jerami Grant?

Its about investing your last assets + MAX cap space to a headache who does not bring Ws. Doesnt fit with Luka either.

Aaron Gordon should be a great pick but he is not available unfortunately and when he was a lot of posters (i don't remember if you too) were not so happy about trading for him.

Grant should be another good pick, Portland traded 1 FRP and 3SRPs. I don't know if Detroit was ok on taking DFS and SD contract. Probably not.
Plus he wanted a first option role, here he can't be.

There a lot of good deals in NBA... A lot of players who underperformed were/are/Will be available.
But we need a good FO. Is ours?

Markaneen... Ayton...ecc ecc they Say no.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#69 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:35 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:2 of them are vets, Luka and THJ, SMH...

Everyone by now has realized you hate Kyrie

He is not even in this picture

You are just waiting for him to have a bad game - guess you have to single him out if the team loses instead

who cares kyrie having a bad game?
his last 7 seasons are abysmal for a so-called superstar and max player. all teams fan bases begged him to be send away for a good reason. he doesn't bring wins. he doesn't necessarily fit well with Luka and Mavs. Spending all that cap space and assets on him makes Mavs play significant frontcourt minutes for vet min contracts, which is a big handicap.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:49 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Aaron Gordon should be a great pick but he is not available unfortunately and when he was a lot of posters (i don't remember if you too) were not so happy about trading for him.

Grant should be another good pick, Portland traded 1 FRP and 3SRPs. I don't know if Detroit was ok on taking DFS and SD contract. Probably not.

There a lot of good deals in NBA... A lot of players who underperformed were/are/Will be available.

Aaron Gordon for that price was a bargain.

I dont think Jerami Grant were so insistent on being #1 option after his Detroit experience. I think he was looking for a big deal.
$160m/5 year deal. It's not a cheap deal. At least it should become more payable as the salary cap increases.

My point is investing in frontcourt players who are positive on defense.
Finding Marion-Chandler-Kidd to play with Dirk.
Find a modern game equivalent for Luka. I mean no offense to Dirk but Luka is even better offensive juggernaut in terms of creating for others + scoring himself.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:00 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:Kyrie's best made this club from 4th seed in the conference to 11th seed. **** Kyrie. 7 years of terrible failures with him.

I dont think Jerami Grant were so insistent on being #1 option after his Detroit experience. I think he was looking for a big deal.
$160m/5 year deal. It's not a cheap deal. At least it should become more payable as the salary cap increases.

Find a modern game equivalent for Luka. I mean no offense to Dirk but Luka is even better offensive juggernaut in terms of creating for others + scoring himself.

In my country we say "you discovered hot water".

Unfortunately our FO resigned Powell and Maxi.
We have to live with them, at least Beibau and some other users are happy. Good for them.
But not for the Mavs.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:34 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

We have to live with them, at least Beibau and some other users are happy. Good for them.
But not for the Mavs.

The problem is not resigning Powell and Maxi.

The problem is spending assets on Kyrie. And resigning him to a max contract.

At this point it should be very easy to trade Powell. Maxi is earning bench money anyway.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#73 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:30 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:Aaron Gordon for that price was a bargain.

But not for the Mavs.

At this point it should be very easy to trade Powell. Maxi is earning bench money anyway.

What assets did they really give up for Kyrie??one first,and two rotational Players...I Love Dodo ,but he's a complementary piece,a bench Player on a contender,unless you have 4 better players in the starting five...Maxi on 11 mio a year terrible,since he can't stay healthy and even when he is ,is affraid to shoot the three...they shouldn't have resigned him with one year left on his old deal...it was a big mistakes,cause he ain't young no more
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:41 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

But not for the Mavs.

What assets did they really give up for Kyrie??one first,and two rotational Players...I Love Dodo ,but he's a complementary piece,a bench Player on a contender,unless you have 4 better players in the starting five...Maxi on 11 mio a year terrible,since he can't stay healthy and even when he is ,is affraid to shoot the three...they shouldn't have resigned him with one year left on his old deal...it was a big mistakes,cause he ain't young no more

I told him a thousand times... It's useless.

Mavs lose because Irving not because they have the worst bigs package in the league... Yes of course :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#75 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:39 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:The problem is not resigning Powell and Maxi.

Mavs lose because Irving not because they have the worst bigs package in the league... Yes of course :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Are you 7 years old?

Follow the argument. Kyrie costs too much of money and assets but he only improves the offense marginally.
Kyrie is not worth it. Look at last 7 years!!!

Imagine your parent gives you $20 for lunch and they tell you eat balanced/healthy.
- You spent $13.99 for a fancy ‘healthy’ water brand. Then buy mcdonalds with rest of your money.

what did you do? You did not eat a healthy meal. Defending Kyrie is like defending the purchase of fancy water for health while eating **** food.

Investing in Kyrie is same ****. Considering you have Luka, you should’ve invested in a frontcourt. Dont try to explain me why a fancy water brand is more healthy while it forces you to eat mcdonalds.

If there were no salary, trade asset limitations, then you could’ve buy fancy water and fancy main meal (Kyrie+Luka+ elite frontcourt is not possible in NBA)
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:37 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Are you 7 years old?

Follow the argument. Kyrie costs too much of money and assets but he only improves the offense marginally.

Imagine your parent gives you $20 for lunch and they tell you eat balanced/healthy.
- You spent $13.99 for a fancy ‘healthy’ water brand. Then buy mcdonalds with rest of your money.

what did you do? You did not eat a healthy meal. Defending Kyrie is like defending the purchase of fancy water for health while eating **** food.

Investing in Kyrie is same ****. Considering you have Luka, you should’ve invested in a frontcourt. Dont try to explain me why a fancy water brand is more healthy while it forces you to eat mcdonalds.

If there were no salary, trade asset limitations, then you could’ve buy fancy water and fancy main meal (Kyrie+Luka+ elite frontcourt is not possible in NBA)

Kyrie is playing well so the problem is just in your head. Deal with it.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 4:52 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Are you 7 years old?

Kyrie is playing well so the problem is just in your head. Deal with it.

Kyrie plays like **** for a max player.
Scoring 20 when everyone is looking at Luka is not enough to get paid max contract.
Stop being a cry baby Kyrie fan. He is f'in loser. 7 years of losing.

Return to Dallas Mavericks