Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JWillTheFreak
Pro Prospect
And1: 211

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Bulls (Nov 1) 

Post#81 » by JWillTheFreak » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:03 am

Mavrelous wrote:
JWillTheFreak wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Luka was blitzed, and full court pressured...

He was but he was forcing some bad passes, It was just a frustrating game for him.

Yeah, not his best game, Bulls are a great defensive team, Caruso really bothered him, and refs swallowed their whistles.

Yeah refs allowed hand checking on Luka all game long.
///////////////////////////////////////BAKAJ///////////////////////////////////////////////
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,392

Post#82 » by BeiBeau » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:03 am

1. Lively is gonna be a damn all star. He's incredible. I need some people to start eating some crow in these comments before I bust out quotes from the summer league thread. He is a good rebounder, can really pass the ball, finish, and his defense was awesome. He step out to the 3pt line against LaVine in the clutch.

2. Grant was worth everything we spent to get him and then some. He's a leader, consistent shooter, and then best perimeter defender on the team.

3. I gotta eat **** with DJJ popping off. He's been fantastic. I said Green should be playing over him the other day but Green has a really rough night so he can keep the job for now. 2 terrible games to start the season followed by 2 great games. Hopefully he can meet somewhere in the middle and play like this all season.

4. Shout out to Kidd for going with Hardy they needed his mixed offense in the 2nd half. I thought Hardy was gonna be in the dog house after his terrible and selfish play on Monday. But Kidd has a short attention span with these young players and thats a good thing.

5. Dallas needs Kyrie. Anybody who says otherwise is just flat wrong.

6. I think Dallas really needs Luka and Grant to put a body on the opposing teams 5 when Lively or Powell defend at the basket. They had some great rim protections that were erased by Drummond and Vuc just picking the ball up and putting it back in. That is something can can be coached.

7. I'm gonna lose my **** **** if we beat Denver on Friday.

Go rangers!
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#83 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:04 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
You might be right here, Luka had some mistakes, and Kyrie was flawless, like last game.

I feel strong hate towards Luka. Kinda strange after how he played this start of the season.
This is what I love.

Say anything bad about Luka its hate

Say anything bad about someone else its all fact

Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

You can say whatever you want. I just don't understand how Luka could play better this start of the season? He was blitz today, because they played without second Pg on the court. And I'm sure you can understand how frustrating that can be.
Bob did you not watch the game and see the reckless TOs, the forced passes, and the made/missed tech?

Not saying he's not be fantastic but why can't get blame for playing bad?

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,762

Post#84 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:15 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:This is what I love.

Say anything bad about Luka its hate

Say anything bad about someone else its all fact

Lol

You can say whatever you want. I just don't understand how Luka could play better this start of the season? He was blitz today, because they played without second Pg on the court. And I'm sure you can understand how frustrating that can be.
Bob did you not watch the game and see the reckless TOs, the forced passes, and the made/missed tech?

And did you see how open where all Mavs' players because Bulls gambled on Luka? Al those hockey assists?

You started talking about last year's back2backs, when we talked about Kyrie and then swing to Luka playing bad, just to defend Kyrie. Mavs are 4:0 mostly because Luka, on the other hand Kyrie was pretty bad even those 2 games he played. But you for sure can criticise whoever you want. And I can doubt about reasons, why Kyrie is not playing. It's free speech here, at least I hope so.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,353

Post#85 » by Archx » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:17 am

BeiBeau wrote:1. Lively is gonna be a damn all star. He's incredible.

2. Grant was worth everything we spent to get him and then some.

Going from Bullock and Powell trying to guard anyone to Lively and Grant has been a huge improvement.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#86 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:20 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

And did you see how open where all the Mavs because Bulls gambled on Luka? Al those hockey assists?

You started talking about last year's back2backs, when we talked about Kyrie and then swing to Luka playing bad, just to defend Kyrie. Mavs are 4:0 mostly because Luka, on the other hand Kyrie was pretty bad even those 2 games he played. But you for sure can criticise whoever you want. And I can doubt about reasons, why Kyrie is not playing. It's free speech here, at least I hope so.
Yup it is free speech.

The difference is I can praise and can be critical of all players

You pretty much only praise Luka and critizie everyone else including players like Lively before he even played a meaningful min....preseason netrtg matters said no one ever.

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,256

Post#87 » by Mavrelous » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:20 am

Kyrie's injury is a reminder why Mavs need Hardy, secondary ball handler is a must have in these coverages.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#88 » by BeiBeau » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:24 am

Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:1. Lively is gonna be a damn all star. He's incredible.

2. Grant was worth everything we spent to get him and then some.

Going from Bullock and Powell trying to guard anyone to Lively and Grant has been a huge improvement.

5 OREB opening night and 7 tonight for Lively. If you're gonna give Luka and Kyrie 6 extra chances they're gonna win the game.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#89 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:31 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Bob did you not watch the game and see the reckless TOs, the forced passes, and the made/missed tech?

And did you see how open where all the Mavs because Bulls gambled on Luka? Al those hockey assists?

Yup it is free speech.

You pretty much only praise Luka and critizie everyone else including players like Lively before he even played a meaningful min....preseason netrtg matters said no one ever.

You're mostly critical about posters you don't agree with, I doubt very much that's the point of this board.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:36 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Yup it is free speech.

You're mostly critical about posters you don't agree with, I doubt very much that's the point of this board.
No its basically fanboys who cant grasp concepts like the preseason being meaningless.

Please don't call people fanboys
Bob8
General Manager

Post#91 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:41 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Yup it is free speech.

No its basically fanboys who can grasp concepts like the preseason being meaningless.

Why should I grasp any kind of concept to write here? And why are you with clearly superior knowledge and intellect losing time with stupid fanboy?

You look pretty intolerant and rude to me, but I know that means absolutely nothing to you because it comes from lame fanboy. ;)
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:44 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
No its basically fanboys who can grasp concepts like the preseason being meaningless.

Why should I grasp any kind of concept to write here? And why are you with clearly superior knowledge and intellect losing time with stupid fanboy?

You look pretty intolerant and rude to me, but I know that means absolutely nothing to you because it comes from lame fanboy. ;)
Preseason being meaningless isn't superior knowledge its common knowledge.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#93 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:48 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:No its basically fanboys who can grasp concepts like the preseason being meaningless.

So you have changed your pretty modest prediction of 41 wins, which you have made during preseason? That doesn't bode well with your current enthusiasm. Or maybe preseason had influence on you too? ;)
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#94 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:53 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

So you have changed your pretty modest prediction of 41 wins, which you have made during preseason?
Nope

Hope I'm wrong, but this schedule has been soft to begin and the D hasn't shown me enough.

What do you have them winning?

Bob8
General Manager

Post#95 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 3:58 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Preseason being meaningless isn't superior knowledge its common knowledge.

So you have changed your pretty modest prediction of 41 wins, which you have made during preseason?
Nope

Hope I'm wrong, but this schedule has been soft to begin and the D hasn't shown me enough.

You know, I was pretty negative but never that much. And what about rested Kyrie coming back? Or you believe he will be net negative?
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:05 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Nope

You know, I was pretty negative but never that much. And what about rested Kyrie coming back? Or you believe he will be net negative?
A prediction of finishing at .500 after last year in a conference that got better feels more realistic than it does negative but that's subjective.

Bob8
General Manager

Post#97 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:13 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Nope

A prediction of finishing at .500 after last year in a conference that got better feels more realistic than it does negative but that's subjective.

Mavs were throwing away numerous games after all star break and are for sure better than last year, especially if Lively, Grant and Jones continue to play similarly like they're playing now. They're much more deep too and they have with Kyrie player, who can replace Luka, when he's out. Grizzlies are in free fall and Ja is not coming back soon, so not everyone is better. 41 wins is somewhere around 10th place, I hope you're wrong. I believe 45+ should be achievable, if we will see motivated Kyrie.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by ejs78 » Thu Nov 2, 2023 4:33 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Mavs were throwing away numerous games after all star break and are for sure better than last year, especially if Lively, Grant and Jones continue to play similarly like they're playing now. They're much more deep too and they have with Kyrie player, who can replace Luka, when he's out. Grizzlies are in free fall and Ja is not coming back soon, so not everyone is better. 41 wins is somewhere around 10th place, I hope you're wrong. I believe 45+ should be achievable, if we will see motivated Kyrie.
The Grizz are one team.

All the other playoff/play in teams so far are not showing any major signs of regression early. Maybe they pass some of these teams or maybe they don't.

kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#99 » by kacey ring » Thu Nov 2, 2023 5:04 am

Great game!!

What I liked:
-Lively with an all around game. 6 assists?! 7 OREBs!
-DJJ being active again and maintaining confidence in his shot after missing some early.
-Gdub raining threes again!

What I disliked:
-Luka had some head scratchers. Maybe fatigue. Bulls defensive game plan was solid against him.
-I don’t feel like Josh is attacking the rim/defense and like he’s capable of.
-Hardy only getting 14 mins with Irving out. I think he’s on the cusp of taking Curry’s mins.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#100 » by BeiBeau » Thu Nov 2, 2023 5:15 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:A prediction of finishing at .500 after last year in a conference that got better feels more realistic than it does negative but that's subjective.

The Grizz are one team.

All the other playoff/play in teams so far are not showing any major signs of regression early. Maybe they pass some of these teams or maybe they don't.

In this league we should be impressed with every win. The parity has never been higher. Yeah the Mavs haven’t playing Denver or Boston yet. But there are really only a few teams who are a free win this year (Washington cough cough). Yeah in the standings the Bulls, Nets, Grizzlies, and Spurs are not going to end the year at the top. But they are not fielding scrubs either. If Dallas was sitting here at 2-2 or 3-1 it wouldn’t be impressive but they have taken care of business every single night against some good players, practically without Kyrie and with a terrible game from Luka.

Return to Dallas Mavericks