Devassa
Sixth Man
And1: 1,359

Re: Mavs Trade Thread, Around the NBA Discussion 

Post#1081 » by Devassa » Thu Feb 9, 2017 7:00 pm

2011Champs wrote:
Devassa wrote:
Jinra wrote:
First of all, Bogut sucks? Really? Come on. Sometimes we make it hard to have meaningful conversations. :lol:

Bogut has been very solid this year. I know most are frustrated at his health and even his mouthing off at times, but the only thing about Bogut that has sucked is his health and people thinking he would develop a magical offensive game.

Second, I would love to have Robin Lopez on this team. But he can't play with Dirk at all. Ever. It would be intriguing to see him teamed with Barnes and maybe Ibaka, post Dirk. Putting him with a defensive minded 4 would be no different than covering up Dirk's deficiencies on the defensive end all these years. All that said, Brook Lopez is not my first option though. ( or second, or third) Now I would go out on a limb and say a backcourt of Barnes, Lopez, Bogut could really be something nice to watch, with some infusion of a high-low offense with Bogut up top.

If 3 pts, 8 rbs, and 1 blk over 22 minutes a game for a starting center doesn't qualify as sucking to you, then I don't know what does. Granted I know he hasn't been healthy much this year, but I always (even before we got him) thought he was grossly overrated simply due to the fact that he was on Golden State. He has value though because he's a big body and a decent passer, so if we are able to flip him for anything worth value then I'm ecstatic.
8 rebounds in 22 minutes is actually pretty close to best in the league. The face he can't score or stay healthy are his issues that make him suck as you say.

does he do anything significantly better than Mejri? All I'm saying is the team seems much more functional with Salah or Dirk starting at C than Bogut. Idk... I'd be just fine letting him expire and leave, but if an actual contender wants to offer us something for him, we would be insane to turn it down.. im only really going to be upset if we re-sign him past this season
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#1082 » by Jinra » Thu Feb 9, 2017 7:37 pm

Yeah, his health would be the only reason I would not want him resigned. He is almost as bad as Chandler Parsons staying healthy. You cannot have that from any player, regardless of how good they are.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#1083 » by fuller4379 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:58 am

Not even a back to back. The guy is annoying, but I still don't like to see someone injured. That "minor knee surgery" at the end of last season sure wasn't minor. Cuban and Nelson were very smart to get Barnes instead of resigning Parsons.

Read on Twitter
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#1084 » by fuller4379 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Rondo and the Celtics not inviting Ray Allen to the party. I think this is a dick move by the entire team. By the time Ray Allen left the Miami, the team was too old to compete.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-2008-celtics-are-planning-a-championship-anniversary-celebration-and-ray-allen-isnt-invited-144754347.html

Return to Dallas Mavericks