The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Mass Dispatch 14.0. "The Winner"An A**-Kicking and New King 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:09 am

Mass Dispatch 14.0.

In this week's edition of Mass Dispatch...........

The Mass Matter focuses on Fantasy Basketball and Forums rounding up their members as the season gets started. The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational” is revealed and of course, Week 4 of “Beat The Commish”

Ask Howard features questions about Warnings and one that is sadly about how to win my heart.

We then have The Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week Awards.

Finally, “Inside The Administrator's Office” dishes on increasing NBA fan bases and some other stuff on my mind.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter.....................

The Mass Matter: Fantasy Basketball and Rounding Everyone Up, NHL Moderator Invitational Winner, “Beat The Commish” Week 4

Fantasy Basketball and Rounding Everyone Up

NBA Training Camp is finally here and The Preseason is about to start up.

While it is a shame that most teams will not have many of their preseason games on TV, we all crave to at least see the one or two that usually get on TV unless we can of course get to a home game.

Unfortunately, the preseason can be frustrating but at least everything is getting started again.

One thing that is really picking up on our NBA Forums is Fantasy Basketball.

Not only do we have some of the best Fantasy Basketball People on our Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Basketball Leagues Forums, many of our forums have Leagues that have gone on for years.

One example is our Orlando Magic Forum.

If you look at the front page, you will see the multiple threads they have for their Leagues.

viewforum.php?f=25

Many other Forums have annual leagues but I want ALL Forums to have Leagues and my reason is simple........

It's brings forums together and gives everyone that more personalized and homely experience.

This is something that I really want on all 30 NBA Forums and encourage anyone who wants to start up a League to do it and invite some of your friends to RealGM to play.

Fantasy Leagues also grow forums and I always like to increase traffic.

Forums also continue to round up Users as the new season approaches and in The Mass Dispatch Weekly Awards, you will see a Forum recognized for a textbook roundup of it's Users.

Once again, please get your Leagues going and feel free to round up any of your fellow Users who left during the dead season.

The Winner of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational NHL Edition

Two weeks ago, The NHL Version of The Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational started strong and as hard as a slap shot being shot right at the goalie as 4 Users applied within the first 24 hours.

After that, exactly ZERO users applied.

Since there were only FOUR applications, the prize will be an Interview with me to become an NHL Moderator.

All 4 applications were solid though and each made a pretty good case. I will be getting with the other three applicants to discuss their future Moderator prospects like I did with the NFL Applicants last time. Because of the low participant, there will be no user vote this time.

Anyway, while all 4 applications were solid and close in terms of quality, I could only pick one and this person will now receive an Interview with me for a chance to become an NHL Moderator.

The Winner of the First Mass Dispatch “Who Wants To Be A Moderator? Invitational NHL Edition...........

El Turco!

Congratulations to El Turco. I will be getting in touch with you to set up the Interview.

I hope to unveil the result and if El Turco will become a Moderator next week.

“Beat The Commish” Week 4

This past weekend, my sister, her boyfriend and niece moved up to Philadelphia so they coukld be in The City.

While I will miss them, my new webcam will keep me in touch and I should see them in person at once a month.

One thing that I will avoid is the ass-kicking that my Niece Bella would always give to me. The little toddler is a real joker and she loves to hit and beat on me with the couch pillow.

Last week before she left, she beat the crap out of me and gave me a cold that she had as well.

After this week of “Beat The Commish” it should have served as a warning to how badly I would get beat.

Almost everyone who played beat me and my fellow Administrator dream34 beat me again and actually led the pack at 9-4 with Geddy.

Here is everyone who “Beat The Commish” this week.

Users

DK-All Day: 8-5
EArl: 8-5
ElectricMayhem: 8-5
Greatness: 8-5
Hopping4Wiggins: 8-5
TheKingofSting: 8-5
WVU: 8-5
bish: 7-6
DaddyBigD: 7-6
Deep3CL: 7-6
El Turco: 7-6
RIPSkaterdude: 6-7
Slot Machine: 6-7
The Regime: 6-7
Wavy Q: 6-7

Moderators

dream34: 9-4
Geddy: 9-4
Geoffrey P.: 8-5
studcrackers: 8-5
bondom34: 7-6
Chuck Texas: 7-6
MadNESS: 6-7

I really got killed on that tiebreaker but picking against my beloved New York Giants was probably what did me in.

I'm coming back strong though. I'll have the Yearly Standings and who won this week done in the next edition but for now, it is time for everyone to make their Week 5 Picks.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1347430

Congratulations to everyone who “Beat The Commish” this week.

Ask Howard

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1330025

This week's questions...............

RIPSkaterdude Asks: What's the quickest way to your heart without having to rely on good looks or a large bank account?

Howard's Response: I guess I have to answer thanks to my fellow Administrator dream34 for giving this question an AND 1.

Anyone who visits our General Off-Topic Board knows RIPSkaterdude has delusions about me and him being a couple.

While I am someone who is 100 percent for marriage equality, I am also straight and that means there is no chance for us Skaterdude.

However, my plan in life is never to get married or have kids. Being an Uncle even a long distance one is enough for me in terms of kids.

So, at least I will not be married to anyone and if you do not meet someone, at least you can still have your delusions.

SF88 Asks: Does a poster's "warning level" go away after a long period of time with no infractions or warnings? If so, how long?

Howard's Response: All of a User's infractions are in a file that only Moderators can see.

It is possible that non-General NBA Board Warnings could be stricken from records in the future but for now, there are no plans to do this.

If you have no recent violations and pick one up, sometimes Moderators and myself do cut Users a break.

I hope that answered your question.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It's time for the Weekly Mass Dispatch Forum Awards.

If you know of a User, Thread or Moderator that deserves to be recognized, please either send me a PM or make a post on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Your nominee might just receive an Award.

Mass Dispatch User(s) of The Week

Our Toronto Raptors Forum Users

When our Forums were first getting started back in early 2001, a lot of things started happening for us and dominoes began to fall in our favor.

The biggest one was when SportsTalk closed it's doors and all of The Raptor Fans over there migrated here.

They were our first group of fans and they helped make those early days a lot of fun.

Throughout the years, we have always had a HUGE Toronto Raptors Fanbase and many of them are still here while others keep coming each year.

As I begin my 11th year as an Administrator, I was reminded today of how tight-nite that our Toronto Raptors Forum Community is and what great fans they truly are.

All of these years have been great and look forward to many more.

I will have more in the next category..........

Congratulations to our Toronto Raptors Forum Users!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The Raps RealGM Roll Call 2014 Raps Fans in 4, Hundred Thread

Above and last week, I mentioned how some users leave during the dead season of August and September and then comeback as Training Camp gets started.

This Roll Call Thread is a perfect example of how to round everyone up.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1346208

The thread has over 450 posts and not one user has posted more than once.

Our Toronto Raptors Forum is huge and I encourage all Forums to follow their lead with their own Roll Call Thread.

Congratulations to our Toronto Raptors Forum!

RealGM Moderator (s) of The Week!

Our Toronto Raptors Forum Moderators

You cannot have the above winners without giving a shout out to our Toronto Raptors Moderators past and present.

Outside of The General NBA Board, no Moderators probably have a tougher assignment than our Toronto Raptors Forum.

The Forum has always been huge and The Moderators have done an outstanding job in maintaining things.

It is a big reason why we have the best Toronto Raptors Forum on the internet.

I want to thank all current and Retired Raptors Moderators for their efforts throughout the years.

Congratulations to our Toronto Raptors Forum Moderators!

General Off-Topic Board User Of The Month

For the past two months, El Turco has been The General Off-Topic Board User of The Month and has done a wonderful job as “King Of The GOTB”.

He laid down the law as King and is one of if not the best User on our General Off-Topic Board.

However, as he embarks on his interview that could lead to him becoming a Moderator and great competition on our General Off-Topic Board, it is time for a new King.

It is a User who is a leader on our General Off-Topic Board and has actually been the runner-up the last two months.

Congratulations to our General Off-Topic Board User Of The Month and The New King of The General Off-Topic Board

hermes

Inside The Administrator's Office

I plan to work with some of our smaller NBA Forums to build traffic over the next month leading up to the start of the season.

One tool that I have is the favorite team selection many Users have chosen to use on our forums.

Not only do I have the number of fans that have selected each Team as their favorite, I have a list of each User who has selected each team.

I plan to use this to get in contact with some of those users in an attempt to help build these smaller forums up.

As many of you know, some of these smaller forums have a big independent one somewhere on the web which creates competition and in the case of one of those forums, they actually recruit people from us and I have the Pm's forwarded to me to prove this.

One of my policies is never to try and steal traffic from other sites. I believe in the word of mouth and unfortunately this one site does not but my feeling is karma will eventually catch up to them and it actually has in some ways.

Regardless, no matter what anyone says about us not being able to compete, I will tell them they are dead wrong and my goal this year is to make our Team Forums 30 strong instead of only being in the high 20's.

Our Basketball Forums are the best on the internet and they will only get better.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm

Thanks to everyone for continuing to make the RealGM Forums the best forums on the internet.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,900

Re: Mass Dispatch 14.0. "The Winner"An A**-Kicking and New K 

Post#2 » by Sofia » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:19 am

Do they play hockey in Turco?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
magic22s
Junior
And1: 116

Post#3 » by magic22s » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:36 am

Congratulations to El Turco.
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,232

Post#4 » by EArl » Thu Oct 2, 2014 4:40 am

I wonder if Turc knows who won the Stanley cup :lol:

Also I finally beat Howie :D
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,505

Post#5 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Oct 2, 2014 6:45 am

turk is a scumbag imo
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,974

Post#6 » by Stannis » Thu Oct 2, 2014 12:25 pm

How does the interview go? Is it through PM?
Free Palestine
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#7 » by C.lupus » Thu Oct 2, 2014 1:55 pm

King hermes! He is sure to rule with an iron fist.

Congrats everyone.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#8 » by aIvin adams » Thu Oct 2, 2014 2:00 pm

Howard Mass wrote:
Not only do we have some of the best Fantasy Basketball People on our Fantasy Basketball and Fantasy Basketball Leagues Forums, many of our forums have Leagues that have gone on for years.

Many other Forums have annual leagues but I want ALL Forums to have Leagues and my reason is simple........

It's brings forums together and gives everyone that more personalized and homely experience.

the Suns board is definitely the most homely
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#9 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 2, 2014 8:58 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:turk is a scumbag imo

Ohio State. 'Nuff said.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#10 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 12:30 am

Turco is an ice queen.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#11 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 1:48 am

Congrats Turco
Donald Trump is an idiot.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#12 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:51 am

Congrats King Turco
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#13 » by Geddy » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:13 am

Raps Board in 4
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#14 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:17 am

^^^ cavs fan 4 life
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#15 » by Geddy » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:18 am

The logo don't lie 8-)
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#16 » by Gremz » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:22 am

hermes is my best friend.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM

Post#17 » by RIPskaterdude » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:33 am

what about el jerko?
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#18 » by Raps Maniac » Sun Oct 5, 2014 6:52 pm

The General Board is the Raptors' sub forum.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#19 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Oct 6, 2014 2:30 am

skaterdood is my best friend.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#20 » by ennui » Tue Oct 7, 2014 11:31 pm

Congrats, Hermes!

:bowdown:
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?

Return to Mass Dispatch