carlisle vs parsons the weight debate

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

avon barksdale
Banned User
And1: 70

carlisle vs parsons the weight debate 

Post#1 » by avon barksdale » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:38 pm

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11679275

Essentially carlisle thinks parsons has put on too much and been sluggish and parsons disagrees. Watching him play the first two games I agree with rick. Parsons isn't get much lift in his shot he's extremely slow defensively and he appears to not be able to beat anyone off the dribble
titantron91
Junior
And1: 32

Re: carlisle vs parsons the weight debate 

Post#2 » by titantron91 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:01 pm

Parsons at 230 or more is not good, imho.

220 is good and 225 is pushing it already. Instead of pushing Parsons' role as PF, how about putting Aminu at PF or even Charlie V?

Parsons need more lateral quickness, ball protection, and quick defensive hands. I think he should be built like a Manu Ginobili at 6'9/6'10 with less turnovers, and that's the best build for him in my eyes.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,820

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm

Always trust Rick Carlisle.

But my guess is that somebody else in the organization(Cuban likely) told him he would be playing a lot of 4 this year and so he bulked up to handle that. Then they signed Aminu and the need for him to play many minutes at 4 disappeared. So better to have more quickness and lift to play the 3.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
avon barksdale
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#4 » by avon barksdale » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Chuck Texas wrote:Always trust Rick Carlisle.

But my guess is that somebody else in the organization(Cuban likely) told him he would be playing a lot of 4 this year and so he bulked up to handle that. Then they signed Aminu and the need for him to play many minutes at 4 disappeared. So better to have more quickness and lift to play the 3.

Ot but how do u feel knowing the mavs had a 2/20 in place with Stephenson during the parsons waiting period, I know u wanted him so which do u prefer
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,820

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:31 pm

I'd rather have Lance at that contract than Parsons at his. The one issue of course is that he's too small to be a full-time SF especially with our tiny back-court. I'd still liked to have grabbed him and then figured something out at SF. I think you could play Lance and Monta together without a true PG since both are really good playmakers. So it wouldn't be an issue getting Monta and Lance 35+ minutes.

I'm holding off too much on what I think of Parsons here until we get to see how he plays off Dirk. Because that's ultimately what matters.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
dirkster41
Senior
And1: 156

Post#6 » by dirkster41 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:13 am

This is the season where for the first time I've been excited for the roster additions and the "POTENTIAL" this team have. If Parsons becomes a disappointment I might become avon and be negative with the team lol
Blame Rasho wrote:There are players you trade, and players who ride to the end of the sunset with.... Dirk is the latter.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#7 » by Imon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:00 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/521362527381233665[/tweet]

:lol:
Wow ... very unlike RC to publicly apologize. He usually sticks to his guns.
I wonder if Cubes or Donnie had sometime to do with it. I can't really see it though since I feel like they have a close relationship and they have RC's back.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#8 » by Detective » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Carlisle has officially become Baby Pops.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to Dallas Mavericks