ImageImageImage

Andrew Bogut

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Re: Andrew Bogut 

Post#201 » by Darren » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:56 am

I watch this game, too. But I am not too upset about that. As long as Bogut remains healthy for season, I am optimist about our chance. If he can win in such a manner with Mills and Delly, he should win even more with the Mavs.
Franc
Analyst
And1: 95

Post#202 » by Franc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:28 am

Darren wrote:I watch this game, too. But I am not too upset about that. As long as Bogut remains healthy for season, I am optimist about our chance. If he can win in such a manner with Mills and Delly, he should win even more with the Mavs.

Thanks for giving me peace of mind. I hope you are right. I don't know what was wrong with them, but this was the worst game I have seen from Boomers. It wasn't only Bogut bad, but the whole team shares the blame.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,075

Post#203 » by Dirk » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Australia lose to Spain in a tight game, with a very questionable call at the end giving Spain the lead..
Australia were robbed.

Bogut was in foul trouble and only played 13 minutes - fouled out with 8 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter. His last two games were bad in these games, but he finished with a good stat line:

21.1 mpg; 9.1 ppg; 76.3% fg; 5.1 rbds; 3.4 asts; 1.4 blks
60/21/10
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#204 » by Bball0000 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:11 pm

GSW fan here. Ya'll gonna love Bogut. I don't think any Warrior fan wanted to give up Bogues. (But, it's KD). People talk about Steph, Klay, and Draymond, but the team's fortunes turned around when they made the Monta Ellis for Bogut trade. He's very underrated/underappreciated. Legitimate center, tough, a top 3 rim protector, rebounder, high bball iq, passer, and his defense rubs off on others. I'll be watching the Mavs from a distance, I think he'll blend in nicely with your roster.
Franc
Analyst

Post#205 » by Franc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:11 am

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:Australia lose to Spain in a tight game, with a very questionable call at the end giving Spain the lead..
Australia were robbed.

Bogut was in foul trouble and only played 13 minutes - fouled out with 8 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter. His last two games were bad in these games, but he finished with a good stat line:

21.1 mpg; 9.1 ppg; 76.3% fg; 5.1 rbds; 3.4 asts; 1.4 blks

Australia was robbed, that is the truth.
When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back.
Franc
Analyst

Post#206 » by Franc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:24 am

I am sorry, but I must ask what to do with notifications I receive. I swallowed my pride and asked. Thanks for answer, as I would not like to be rude and not reply. I am a bit DUMMY sometimes.:-)
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,824

Post#207 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:12 pm

Franc wrote:I am sorry, but I must ask what to do with notifications I receive. I swallowed my pride and asked. Thanks for answer, as I would not like to be rude and not reply. I am a bit DUMMY sometimes.:-)

A notification(and you will get one here as well) is just meant to let you know when someone either quotes your post or And-1(likes) your post. You aren't obligated to respond, but it just is a heads up that someone has responded to your post.

Never fear to ask any question either here or you can PM me or Dirk and we will be glad to help you with any questions.

Chuck
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Franc
Analyst

Post#208 » by Franc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Franc wrote:I am sorry, but I must ask what to do with notifications I receive. I swallowed my pride and asked. Thanks for answer, as I would not like to be rude and not reply. I am a bit DUMMY sometimes.:-)

A notification(and you will get one here as well) is just meant to let you know when someone either quotes your post or And-1(likes) your post. You aren't obligated to respond, but it just is a heads up that someone has responded to your post.

Never fear to ask any question either here or you can PM me or Dirk and we will be glad to help you with any questions.

Chuck

Many Thanks for clearing it for me.
Franc
Analyst

Post#209 » by Franc » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:30 am

Franc wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Chuck

Thanks for your message. Soon we will have more important things to write.
I was so sorry for BOOMERS , AS THEY ALREADY THOUGHT THE MEDAL WAS THEIRS.

Many Thanks for clearing it for me.
maverick_41
Junior
And1: 389

Post#210 » by maverick_41 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:54 pm

GSW fan here. Ya'll gonna love Bogut.

I will. But I'd rather love somebody for 30+ minutes and 80 games instead of 25 & 55 =) I just have a feeling that it will not end well, too injury-prone.
Bball0000
Bench Warmer
And1: 361

Post#211 » by Bball0000 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:11 pm

maverick_41 wrote:
GSW fan here. Ya'll gonna love Bogut.

I will. But I'd rather love somebody for 30+ minutes and 80 games instead of 25 & 55 =) I just have a feeling that it will not end well, too injury-prone.

Ya thats always the thing with Bogut. He has had some fluky injuries though. But also the drop in minutes can be coach's decision to play small ball. Kerr got way too infatuated with it and it hurt them in thunder series until Bogut was reinstated,and Boguts absence from injury vs Cavs resulted in zero wins with him out of lineup.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#212 » by SOUNDCHASER » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:52 am

Bogut has help in abundance if you ask me. Hopefully the 2nd season of Mejri is an improvement and we also get some developing going on with Hammons who may grow into a future starter with RC and the MBT providing proper development and nurturing. With Barnes, Powell and Acy behind Dirk that will be deep enough to lend the center position Powell or even Dirk on occasion and in certain situations.

The front court is a strength with our team the problem is the back court and getting Wes and Deron back to full strength while developing Curry and Anderson to one day be the starting capable backup 1/2 punch. JJB and Harris are veteran backups to push the youngsters and allow us to bring them along slowly with less pressure.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#213 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:27 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Darren wrote:
Mr B wrote:
I don't expect Hammonds to get a lot of minutes this year if any. At least not with the Mavs. He'll spend a lot of time on the D League. His body isn't ready for the NBA. The skills are there but he needs to get stronger. I also don't see him as a stretch 5 at all. Hammonds is much more of a traditional center. Playing in the paint, boxing out, and protecting the rim. I think Hammonds stands to learn much more from Bogut than Dirk.

I think the Mavs will try him out in case of Bogut's injury. If he can't hold his own, he'll play for Legends the whole year. RC's very mean to young players. He's to dominate in NBDL first for any chance.

IDK....Rick seems to give old rookie centers an opportunity (e.g. Mejri/Sarge).

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see Hammonds get solid minutes this year but in not holding by breath.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#214 » by Dirk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:29 am

Mr B wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Darren wrote:
I think the Mavs will try him out in case of Bogut's injury. If he can't hold his own, he'll play for Legends the whole year. RC's very mean to young players. He's to dominate in NBDL first for any chance.

IDK....Rick seems to give old rookie centers an opportunity (e.g. Mejri/Sarge).

I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to see Hammonds get solid minutes this year but in not holding by breath.

Did you have a chance to catch any Summer League? Hammonds came into the draft with his motor and effort questioned... and right off the bat in SL you could see that on display. He really needs a brain transplant if he is to be a factor in the NBA and get any playing time this season.
60/21/10
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,039

Post#215 » by Mr B » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:IDK....Rick seems to give old rookie centers an opportunity (e.g. Mejri/Sarge).

Did you have a chance to catch any Summer League? Hammonds came into the draft with his motor and effort questioned... and right off the bat in SL you could see that on display. He really needs a brain transplant if he is to be a factor in the NBA and get any playing time this season.

Yea I saw almost every game. That's part of the reason I think he'll end up playing most of the year in the D-League. Carlisle will not tolerate laziness, especially from a rookie.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#216 » by paul » Fri Dec 2, 2016 11:55 am

Thought you guys might be interested and perhaps a little surprised that despite the awful mess that's been the first month or so for the Mavs Bogut is ranked #1 in the NBA in Defensive Box Plus Minus (DBPM), #2 in the NBA in Defensive Real Plus Minus (DRPM), #1 in the NBA in defensive Rebound % and #4 in the NBA in total Rebound %. Carlisle's seemingly quickly become a big fan, will be interesting to see if they decided to cash him in on the trade market or not if things stay bad as he's likely the most valuable trade chip the Mavs have right now.
The Sparest
Bench Warmer
And1: 446

Post#217 » by The Sparest » Sat Dec 3, 2016 5:26 am

paul wrote:Thought you guys might be interested and perhaps a little surprised that despite the awful mess that's been the first month or so for the Mavs Bogut is ranked #1 in the NBA in Defensive Box Plus Minus (DBPM), #2 in the NBA in Defensive Real Plus Minus (DRPM), #1 in the NBA in defensive Rebound % and #4 in the NBA in total Rebound %. Carlisle's seemingly quickly become a big fan, will be interesting to see if they decided to cash him in on the trade market or not if things stay bad as he's likely the most valuable trade chip the Mavs have right now.

I think it could come down to whether they think they can pull off a quick turn around next season or not. He will be the best option on the FA center market this off season, so it would make sense to hold onto him if they hope to bring him back next season. If they think they are looking at a long term rebuild, then they would likely try to get assets at the deadline. What happens at the deadline will tell us what the Mavs really think of this teams future.
AKA: Sparey Spareman
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#218 » by Pointguard01 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 5:08 pm

The Sparest wrote:
paul wrote:Thought you guys might be interested and perhaps a little surprised that despite the awful mess that's been the first month or so for the Mavs Bogut is ranked #1 in the NBA in Defensive Box Plus Minus (DBPM), #2 in the NBA in Defensive Real Plus Minus (DRPM), #1 in the NBA in defensive Rebound % and #4 in the NBA in total Rebound %. Carlisle's seemingly quickly become a big fan, will be interesting to see if they decided to cash him in on the trade market or not if things stay bad as he's likely the most valuable trade chip the Mavs have right now.

I think it could come down to whether they think they can pull off a quick turn around next season or not. He will be the best option on the FA center market this off season, so it would make sense to hold onto him if they hope to bring him back next season. If they think they are looking at a long term rebuild, then they would likely try to get assets at the deadline. What happens at the deadline will tell us what the Mavs really think of this teams future.

Would Bogut reup with the Mavericks if we finish in the bottom 3? I don't know the answer to that, but I would assume he wants to compete for a championship coming from the Golden State circumstances + being 33 next season. I can't imagine he would want to sign back with Dallas, though I think he likes the overall culture that Dallas has built with Dirk, Cuban and Carlisle. Dallas can spin in to multiple teams for a good pick.

Boston would give us the Minnesota 2nd round (which would end up ~#35) in a heartbeat. I'm sure Cleveland would give up their first round pick. Charlotte could use Bogut desperately as well. I think Dallas has to pursue that come January.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#219 » by Dirk » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:42 pm

Bogut has looked fine. This situation has been terrible, not only the losing, but all the lineup changes - it's been a mess, but he looks like he has stayed engaged and focused for the most part. A lot of what he does on offense depends on others moving and being able to shoot, so that's been a bit rough. You easily see when Deron is healthy and wants, the offense looks way better. I guess the only downside has been that he should (look to) score a bit more and his fouls, he has been in foul trouble too often. Other than that, he is definitely the type of guy that you wouldn't mind paying just for his mentoring role alone.

The Mavs really need to figure out what they will do between now and the trade deadline. If they are interested in competing next year and feel Bogut will be interested in re-signing - keep him. He's very solid and a good guy to have. If they get the feeling that Bogut will be interested in a better team, then sure... trade him. This is why it's important that Dirk gets back and to see how this team looks. Bogut would be a nice center to retire with. Bogut already has a ring, so I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't mind signing a contract with Dallas.
60/21/10
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,824

Post#220 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:38 pm

Dirk Nowitzki wrote:The Mavs really need to figure out what they will do between now and the trade deadline. If they are interested in competing next year and feel Bogut will be interested in re-signing - keep him. He's very solid and a good guy to have. If they get the feeling that Bogut will be interested in a better team, then sure... trade him. This is why it's important that Dirk gets back and to see how this team looks. Bogut would be a nice center to retire with. Bogut already has a ring, so I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't mind signing a contract with Dallas.

Let me start by saying I'm in the trade anyone for future value camp at this point. And Bogut is definitely playing well enough for us to get some value from. And if we are willing to take back future money in the deal we might could increase our return.

That said, I'm okay with a re-signing of Bogut. One issue I could see is that it doesn't make sense for Dallas to commit a multi-year deal to him and at his age and with his injury history I would think getting one last biggish deal would have to be a priority for him.

But I'm guessing Mark/Donnie/Dirk will have conversations with him about what he wants. I could even see a scenario where he indicates wanting a new deal here, but being cool with the Mavs trading him to a contender for a playoff run while keeping open the possibility of signing here in the summer.

But if I am predicting things, my guess is we trade him to a contender for a minor asset and look to sign a younger free agent center this summer. Mason Plumlee for instance whom the Blazers will find it tough to match a sizable offer to because of all that money they spent this past summer.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Dallas Mavericks