Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Devassa
Sixth Man
And1: 1,359

Re: Who would YOU like to draft.... 

Post#41 » by Devassa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Pinkyring wrote:
Devassa wrote:
Baz wrote:I'll take Dennis Smith in a heartbeat if he's still available. If not then Markkanen. Not interested in anyone else.

Agreed. Not really interested in Ntilikina at all... I hate to stereotype, but foreign guards typically underwhelm in the NBA (except Nash... if we are counting Canada) and I don't see him being very effective here beyond being an energy guy off the bench.

Well if parker manu and shroeder underwhelmed sign me up

For every Schroeder, there are a dozen Hezonja's and Exum's.... Also, let's not count Spurs players. We all know that franchise is an exception to a number of rules
Devassa
Sixth Man

Post#42 » by Devassa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Black Falcon wrote:
Devassa wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:
They're going to trade next years 1st rd pick to move up 9 spots?? Not a good deal for Denver at all. I don't understand how you think they would do that. For who? Markkanan?

Yes, for Markkanen. Hear me out.

Denver is a sure fire playoff team next year IMO, so trading next years 1st rounder isn't as scary as it initially sounds only because it will likely not even be in the top 20 in 2018. They need to make a move for a PF, since that is their weak point and unlikely they'll take a PG 3 years in a row. Not to mention they have a lot of success with foreign players recently (Jokic, Hernangomez, Gallinari) so Markkanen seems like a likely target. It's not as crazy as it sounds, especially if they want him in a Nuggets uniform

We can revisit this come draft when the nuggets don't trade us their 1st rd pick in 17 and 18 to move up 4 spots. It's not happening. Zero chance

As 99.9% of trade ideas don't happen, you're probably right
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#43 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Question for you guys, I know it won't happen, but say we get lottery lucky and end up with pick #2. Fultz is taken #1, who would you want the Mavs to take, Ball or Jackson?
Devassa
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by Devassa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:55 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Question for you guys, I know it won't happen, but say we get lottery lucky and end up with pick #2. Fultz is taken #1, who would you want the Mavs to take, Ball or Jackson?

Jackson. Ball is too much baggage, but having Jackson-Barnes-Noel would be an incredible F/C trip to build with in the post Dirk years
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#45 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:58 pm

Devassa wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Question for you guys, I know it won't happen, but say we get lottery lucky and end up with pick #2. Fultz is taken #1, who would you want the Mavs to take, Ball or Jackson?

Jackson. Ball is too much baggage, but having Jackson-Barnes-Noel would be an incredible F/C trip to build with in the post Dirk years

I'd tend to agree, more so because Ball's defense, though I love his size for the position and court vision. I'd want Jackson to play SG though if he could, that frontcourt would be way too frail and get pushed around, so I'd want Barnes at the 3 with Noel secured as our center.
Suka Bongcic
Senior
And1: 105

Post#46 » by Suka Bongcic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Devassa wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:
Devassa wrote:
Yes, for Markkanen. Hear me out.

Denver is a sure fire playoff team next year IMO, so trading next years 1st rounder isn't as scary as it initially sounds only because it will likely not even be in the top 20 in 2018. They need to make a move for a PF, since that is their weak point and unlikely they'll take a PG 3 years in a row. Not to mention they have a lot of success with foreign players recently (Jokic, Hernangomez, Gallinari) so Markkanen seems like a likely target. It's not as crazy as it sounds, especially if they want him in a Nuggets uniform

We can revisit this come draft when the nuggets don't trade us their 1st rd pick in 17 and 18 to move up 4 spots. It's not happening. Zero chance

As 99.9% of NBA team wouldn't trade the an additional first rd pick to move from 13 to 9. I get what you're saying regarding the Nuggets and how the move would be good for them, it's just a lot to offer up for a big man that isn't any good on defense
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#47 » by Suka Bongcic » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:58 pm

Such a tough call but I'd go with Ball because I feel Barnes needs to play the 3. He might be better at the 4, but the team will be better with him at the 3. Noel isn't a great rebounder (he's pretty good, but not a windex man imo) and Barnes would be one of the worst rebounding 4s in league history. Balls baggage is an issue but if I had to choose between the 2, I'd go with Ball. ideally I'd try to trade down a spot or 2 and draft Fox. While I hate UK with a passion, I really link Foxs game. You can't teach speed like that. I think he'll be able to get to the rack at will in the NBA and is the ideal fit for this team other than Fultz
Devassa
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by Devassa » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Black Falcon wrote:
Devassa wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:

As 99.9% of NBA team wouldn't trade the an additional first rd pick to move from 13 to 9. I get what you're saying regarding the Nuggets and how the move would be good for them, it's just a lot to offer up for a big man that isn't any good on defense

Except it's not that uncommon. Even going back just a couple of years, Orlando traded the 12th pick, a future 1st, and a future 2nd rounder to only move up TWO spots to get Elfrid freakin Payton....
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#49 » by dirkforpres » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Devassa wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:
Devassa wrote:

Except it's not that uncommon. Even going back just a couple of years, Orlando traded the 12th pick, a future 1st, and a future 2nd rounder to only move up TWO spots to get Elfrid freakin Payton....

I tend to agree that it's an unlikely scenario, simply because the draft is probably 15 deep with solid prospects anyway, so a trade (especially involving picks) between teams picking 8-15 this year doesn't really serve much purpose IMO.
FIRE JASON KIDD
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#50 » by bobsquad » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Very interesting synopsis and I agree 100% on your top 4. However I have to ask you on the #5, so this is a guy that averages like 5.2 points and 1.7 assists a game against subpar competition, how does that even remotely translate to pure PG at the NBA level?

Ntilikina has solid passing skills and, by most scouting reports, a good BBIQ. Watching him it looks like he plays the Mavs pace. Just my thoughts.

As for his stats, he's 18 years old. Giannis was putting up 8 pts on 36% shooting against even worse competition right before he was drafted. Porzingis was putting up 6 pts on a bad team before he was drafted. Euro teams have no reason to develop these obvious NBA prospects who are going to leave before they're 19.
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#51 » by Suka Bongcic » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:15 am

Devassa wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:
Devassa wrote:

Because it happened once doesn't mean it's not uncommon
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#52 » by Pointguard01 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 am

Black Falcon wrote:The Knicks and the Kings NEED a pg. Both of them are desperately in need of a floor leader. Anyone that thinks Fox will fall to us is living in an alternate universe. It's NOT happening. Zero Chance. Our only hope is Smith being passed up by the Kings. While more likely than Flx falling to us, it's still a pipe dream imo.

So back on subject. If the players mentioned in the original post are gone, who do you want to draft? Smith is already taken in this scenario, just like he will be in real life when the draft takes place, unless we take a top 3 spot in the lottery

The Knicks and Kings need ALOT. In fact, of the 10 starting positions on both squads, there are definitely 7, maybe 8, starting spots. Very similar to Dallas, teams should be going BPA when they as desperate as all of us are for talent. That said, we can get lucky if Orlando to move up to #3, which would give Philly the #4 (via LA) and #5.

As it stands now, Philly is looking at Tatum, Monk or Ntilikina I would assume. Let's say its the two BPA (as of today)..

4, Philadelphia: Jayson Tatum
5, Philadelphia: Malik Mink

You then have no clue what Minnesota wants to do at #6, where Isaac/Markkanen/Fox/Ntilikina are all in play (can't see them going with Smith). They need defense, a PF to go alongside KAT and a PG --- it's a toss up. They also could trade out of the spot.

From there, you can play it out, but there are scenarios that Dallas could find themselves in a position to draft Fox or Smith, knowing that there is interest in Ntilikina for the Knicks.

Again, this is super specific and would take a lot. But again, we don't know a lot of things and we should take all into consideration until a) the lottery is set b) draft combine happens c) 1st and 2nd rounds are done. It's what this time of year is for for non-playoffs teams (which is why we need to get back to contention quickly).
Hadley
Junior
And1: 182

Post#53 » by Hadley » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 am

Nobody wants anything to do with Ball.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#54 » by agentofatlas » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 am

Jackson. But I think I rather have Tatum than both. He overlaps somewhat with Barnes but he projects as a more consistent volume scorer. Plus he's pretty big so he'll be able to play on small and big lineups.
HotrodBeaubois
Veteran
And1: 196

Post#55 » by HotrodBeaubois » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Well if Dallas jumps to #2 then there is a good chance Lakers lose their pick @4 to Philly so I try to trade #2 to Philly for #4 and #5

Dallas then drafts Dennis Smith or Fox and 1 of Tatum / Issac

This would be so much better for us than taking Ball or Jackson

If you take Smith / Fox @ 4 and Dallas was interested in Markannen they could also possibly trade #5 to Sacramento for #9 and # 10
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#56 » by Pointguard01 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:11 am

agentofatlas wrote:

Jackson. But I think I rather have Tatum than both. He overlaps somewhat with Barnes but he projects as a more consistent volume scorer. Plus he's pretty big so he'll be able to play on small and big lineups.

Agreed. I take Jackson. I fear Ball could struggle to get his shot off in the NBA.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 849

Post#57 » by Teffer10 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:37 am

Next to Fultz, Jackson has the most upside imo.

Jackson will be a stud in this league...only question is how long will it take to be a dominating force.
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#58 » by agentofatlas » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:15 am

Teffer10 wrote:Next to Fultz, Jackson has the most upside imo.

Jackson will be a stud in this league...only question is how long will it take to be a dominating force.

I actually think Tatum has as much upside as Jackson. Maybe even Fox or DSJ as well. Fultz seems to be the only really complete guy out of the draft.

But stepping back and looking at it all the guys in the lottery can be good rotation players. So I'd be happy with any of the top 10 guys in the mocks. Hopefully the one we pick that has good attitude/work ethic.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#59 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:36 pm

Following is the list of players from colleges who have applied for early entry into the 2017 NBA Draft, which will be held Thursday, June 22.

Player | School | Height | Status
Shaqquan Aaron | USC | 6-7 | Soph.
Jaylen Adams | St. Bonaventure | 6-2 | Jr.
Edrice Adebayo | Kentucky | 6-10 | Fr.
Deng Adel | Louisville | 6-7 | Soph.
Jashaun Agosto | LIU | 5-11 | Fr.
Bashir Ahmed | St. John’s | 6-7 | Jr.
Rawle Alkins | Arizona | 6-5 | Fr.
Jarrett Allen | Texas | 6-11 | Fr.
Mark Alstork | Wright State | 6-5 | Jr.
Ike Anigbogu | UCLA | 6-10 | Fr.
OG Anunoby | Indiana | 6-8 | Soph.
Dwayne Bacon | Florida State | 6-7 | Soph.
Lonzo Ball | UCLA | 6-6 | Fr.
Jaylen Barford | Arkansas | 6-3 | Jr.
Jordan Bell | Oregon | 6-9 | Jr.
Trae Bell-Haynes | Vermont | 6-2 | Jr.
Joel Berry II | North Carolina | 6-0 | Jr.
James Blackmon Jr. | Indiana | 6-4 | Jr.
Antonio Blakeney | LSU | 6-4 | Soph.
Trevon Bluiett | Xavier | 6-6 | Jr.
Bennie Boatwright | USC | 6-10 | Soph.
Jacobi Boykins | Louisiana Tech | 6-6 | Jr.
Tony Bradley | North Carolina | 6-10 | Fr.
Isaiah Briscoe | Kentucky | 6-2 | Soph.
Dillon Brooks | Oregon | 6-7 | Jr.
Thomas Bryant | Indiana | 6-10 | Soph.
Rodney Bullock | Providence | 6-8 | Jr.
Jevon Carter | West Virginia | 6-2 | Jr.
Clandell Cetoute | Thiel College (PA) | 6-8 | Jr.
Joseph Chartouny | Fordham | 6-3 | Soph.
Donte’ Clark | Massachusetts | 6-4 | Jr.
Chris Clemons | Campbell | 5-9 | Soph.
David Collette | Utah | 6-10 | Jr.
John Collins | Wake Forest | 6-10 | Soph.
Zach Collins | Gonzaga | 7-0 | Fr.
Chance Comanche | Arizona | 6-11 | Soph.
Angel Delgado | Seton Hall | 6-10 | Jr.
Hamidou Diallo | Kentucky | 6-6 | Fr.
Tyler Dorsey | Oregon | 6-4 | Soph.
PJ Dozier | South Carolina | 6-6 | Soph.
Vince Edwards | Purdue | 6-8 | Jr.
John Egbunu | Florida | 6-11 | Jr.
Jon Elmore | Marshall | 6-3 | Jr.
Obi Enechionyia | Temple | 6-10 | Jr.
Drew Eubanks | Oregon State | 6-10 | Soph.
Jawun Evans | Oklahoma State | 6-1 | Soph.
Tacko Fall | Central Florida | 7-6 | Soph.
Tony Farmer | Lee College (TX) | 6-7 | Soph.
De’Aaron Fox | Kentucky | 6-4 | Fr.
Markelle Fultz | Washington | 6-4 | Fr.
Harry Giles | Duke | 6-10 | Fr.
Brandon Goodwin | FGCU | 6-2 | Jr.
Donte Grantham | Clemson | 6-8 | Jr.
Isaac Haas | Purdue | 7-2 | Jr.
Aaron Holiday | UCLA | 6-1 | Soph.
Isaac Humphries | Kentucky | 7-0 | Soph.
Chandler Hutchison | Boise State | 6-7 | Jr.
Jonathan Isaac | Florida State | 6-10 | Fr.
Frank Jackson | Duke | 6-3 | Fr.
Josh Jackson | Kansas | 6-8 | Fr.
Justin Jackson | Maryland | 6-7 | Fr.
Justin Jackson | North Carolina | 6-8 | Jr.
Alize Johnson | Missouri State | 6-9 | Jr.
B.J. Johnson | La Salle | 6-7 | Jr.
Darin Johnson | CSU-Northridge | 6-5 | Jr.
Jaylen Johnson | Louisville | 6-9 | Jr.
Robert Johnson | Indiana | 6-3 | Jr.
Andrew Jones | Texas | 6-4 | Fr.
Kerem Kanter | Green Bay | 6-10 | Jr.
Ted Kapita | North Carolina State | 6-8 | Fr.
Marcus Keene | Central Michigan | 5-9 | Jr.
Luke Kennard | Duke | 6-6 | Soph.
Braxton Key | Alabama | 6-8 | Fr.
George King | Colorado | 6-6 | Jr.
Kyle Kuzma | Utah | 6-9 | Jr.
Khadeem Lattin | Oklahoma | 6-9 | Jr.
TJ Leaf | UCLA | 6-10 | Fr.
William Lee | UAB | 6-9 | Jr.
Zach Lofton | Texas Southern | 6-3 | Jr.
Tyler Lydon | Syracuse | 6-9 | Soph.
Daryl Macon | Arkansas | 6-3 | Jr.
Marin Maric | Northern Illinois | 6-11 | Jr.
Lauri Markkanen | Arizona | 7-0 | Fr.
Yante Maten | Georgia | 6-8 | Jr.
Markis McDuffie | Wichita State | 6-8 | Soph.
MiKyle McIntosh | Illinois State | 6-7 | Jr.
Eric Mika | BYU | 6-10 | Soph.
Donovan Mitchell | Louisville | 6-3 | Soph.
Malik Monk | Kentucky | 6-3 | Fr.
Matthew Morgan | Cornell | 6-3 | Soph.
Shaquille Morris | Wichita State | 6-8 | Jr.
Johnathan Motley | Baylor | 6-10 | Jr.
Svi Mykhailiuk | Kansas | 6-8 | Jr.
Divine Myles | Stetson | 5-11 | Jr.
Derick Newton | Stetson | 6-6 | Soph.
Austin Nichols | Virginia | 6-8 | Jr.
Semi Ojeleye | SMU | 6-7 | Jr.
Cameron Oliver | Nevada | 6-8 | Soph.
Randy Onwuasor | Southern Utah | 6-3 | Jr.
Justin Patton | Creighton | 7-0 | Fr.
L.J. Peak | Georgetown | 6-5 | Jr.
Theo Pinson | North Carolina | 6-6 | Jr.
Ivan Rabb | California | 6-11 | Soph.
Xavier Rathan-Mayes | Florida State | 6-4 | Jr.
Devin Robinson | Florida | 6-8 | Jr.
Josh Robinson | Austin Peay | 6-2 | Jr.
Martavius Robinson | Lewis & Clark CC (Illinois) | 6-10 | Soph.
Maverick Rowan | North Carolina State | 6-7 | Soph.
Corey Sanders | Rutgers | 6-2 | Soph.
Victor Sanders | Idaho | 6-5 | Jr.
Jaaron Simmons | Ohio | 6-1 | Jr.
Kobi Simmons | Arizona | 6-5 | Fr.
Fred Sims Jr. | Chicago State | 6-4 | Soph.
Dennis Smith Jr. | North Carolina State | 6-3 | Fr.
Zach Smith | Texas Tech | 6-8 | Jr.
Kamau Stokes | Kansas State | 6-0 | Soph.
Edmond Sumner | Xavier | 6-6 | Soph.
Caleb Swanigan | Purdue | 6-9 | Soph.
Jayson Tatum | Duke | 6-8 | Fr.
Matt Taylor | New Mexico State | 6-4 | Jr.
James Thompson IV | Eastern Michigan | 6-10 | Soph.
Stephen Thompson Jr. | Oregon State | 6-4 | Soph.
Trevor Thompson | Ohio State | 7-0 | Jr.
Melo Trimble | Maryland | 6-3 | Jr.
Craig Victor II | LSU | 6-9 | Jr.
Moritz Wagner | Michigan | 6-11 | Soph.
Tevonn Walker | Valparaiso | 6-2 | Jr.
Antone Warren | Antelope Valley CC (CA) | 6-10 | Soph.
Thomas Welsh | UCLA | 7-0 | Jr.
Thomas Wilder | Western Michigan | 6-3 | Jr.
Cecil Williams | Central Michigan | 6-6 | Jr.
Johnathan Williams | Gonzaga | 6-9 | Jr.
Kam Williams | Ohio State | 6-2 | Jr.
Nigel Williams-Goss | Gonzaga | 6-3 | Jr.
Christian Wilson | Texas-San Antonio | 6-2 | Jr.
D.J. Wilson | Michigan | 6-10 | Jr.
Omer Yurtseven | North Carolina State | 7-0 | Fr.

The following is the list of international players who have applied for early entry into the 2017 NBA Draft:

Player | Team/Country of Team | Height | Status
Ege Arar | Galatasaray (Turkey) | 6-10 | 1996 DOB
Laurynas Beliauskas | Neptunas (Lithuania) | 6-3 | 1997 DOB
Terrence Bieshaar | Joventut (Spain) | 6-10 | 1997 DOB
Simon Birgander | Clavijo (Spain) | 6-10 | 1997 DOB
Laurynas Birutis | Vytautas (Lithuania) | 7-1 | 1997 DOB
Luka Bozic | Zagreb (Croatia) | 6-7 | 1996 DOB
Vlatko Cancar | Mega Leks (Serbia) | 6-8 | 1997 DOB
Leo Cizmic | Sevilla (Spain) | 6-8 | 1998 DOB
Wesley Alves da Silva | Paulistano (Brazil) | 6-6 | 1996 DOB
George de Paula | Paulistano (Brazil) | 6-6 | 1996 DOB
Berkan Durmaz | Tofas (Turkey) | 6-8 | 1997 DOB
Martynas Echodas | Siauliai (Lithuania) | 6-9 | 1997 DOB
Cyrille Eliezer-Vanerot | Levallois (France) | 6-8 | 1996 DOB
Aquiles Ferreira | Pinheiros (Brazil) | 6-5 | 1998 DOB
Diego Flaccadori | Trento (Italy) | 6-5 | 1996 DOB
Tolga Gecim | Banvit (Turkey) | 6-8 | 1996 DOB
Yoan Granvorka | Nancy (France) | 6-4 | 1997 DOB
Egemen Guven | Karsiyaka (Turkey) | 6-10 | 1996 DOB
Isaiah Hartenstein | Zalgiris (Lithuania) | 7-0 | 1998 DOB
Karlis Helmanis | RTU Riga (Latvia) | 6-7 | 1997 DOB
Aleksa Ilic | Buducnost (Montenegro) | 6-9 | 1996 DOB
Jonathan Jeanne | Nancy (France) | 7-2 | 1997 DOB
Alpha Kaba | Mega Leks (Serbia) | 6-10 | 1996 DOB
Verners Kohs | GBA Sparta (Czech Republic) | 6-8 | 1997 DOB
Antonios Koniaris | PAOK (Greece) | 6-4 | 1997 DOB
Arnoldas Kulboka | Baunach (Germany) | 6-9 | 1998 DOB
Rodions Kurucs | Barcelona (Spain) | 6-8 | 1998 DOB
Axel Louissaint | Lugano (Switzerland) | 6-6 | 1996 DOB
Michail Lountzis | Panathinaikos (Greece) | 6-5 | 1998 DOB
Gytis Masiulis | Zalgiris (Lithuania) | 6-9 | 1998 DOB
Lovro Mazalin | Zadar (Croatia) | 6-9 | 1997 DOB
Regimantas Miniotas | Vytautas (Lithuania) | 6-9 | 1996 DOB
Kostja Mushidi | Mega Leks (Serbia) | 6-5 | 1998 DOB
Margiris Normantas | Lietuvos Rytas (Lithuania) | 6-4 | 1996 DOB
Frank Ntilikina | Strasbourg (France) | 6-5 | 1998 DOB
Elie Okobo | Pau Orthez (France) | 6-2 | 1997 DOB
Viny Okouo | Unicaja (Spain) | 7-2 | 1997 DOB
Ayberk Olmaz | Istanbul BSB (Turkey) | 6-10 | 1996 DOB
Lucas Pereira | Pinheiros (Brazil) | 6-8 | 1998 DOB
Martynas Sajus | Starogard (Poland) | 6-10 | 1996 DOB
Borisa Simanic | Crvena Zvezda (Serbia) | 6-10 | 1998 DOB
Nik Slavica | Cibona (Croatia) | 6-8 | 1997 DOB
Berk Ugurlu | Fenerbahce (Turkey) | 6-3 | 1996 DOB
Kristupas Zemaitis | Vytautas (Lithuania) | 6-4 | 1996 DOB
Zou Yuchen | Bayi Fubang (China) | 6-10 | 1996 DOB
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#60 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Looks like 7'6" Tacko Fall is entering the draft as well as 7'2" Isaac Haas from Purdue the school were we got Hammons from.

Does Cuban buy a 2nd round pick to get more talent in this draft?

Return to Dallas Mavericks