ImageImageImage

2017 Playoff games

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

2017 Playoff games 

Post#1 » by SOUNDCHASER » Tue May 2, 2017 4:06 pm

In the second round things get more interesting.

Houston takes game one against the Spurs with strong 3 point performances going 22 on 50 3 pointers, 126 to 99

Cleveland gets 35 points from LBJ to easily beat Toronto 116 to 105. Carroll held to 3 points Jonas Valanciunas limited to 6 p/ 6 r while Cavs control the glass.
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Re: 2017 Playoff games 

Post#2 » by Jinra » Tue May 2, 2017 5:52 pm

If you do not have the ultimate Superstar like James, then unconventional seems to be the way to go. (ala Houston) That's why I do not have a problem with Barnes playing the 4. Load the team up with shooters and play Warriors and Rickets (yes, I hate the rockettes) type basketball. That's the real reason I would love to have Riddick and Crawford on this team.

Monk, Reddick, Crawford, Barnes, Noel would be a dream team for next year for me.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,038

Post#3 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 2, 2017 6:43 pm

Jinra wrote:If you do not have the ultimate Superstar like James, then unconventional seems to be the way to go. (ala Houston) That's why I do not have a problem with Barnes playing the 4. Load the team up with shooters and play Warriors and Rickets (yes, I hate the rockettes) type basketball. That's the real reason I would love to have Riddick and Crawford on this team.

Monk, Reddick, Crawford, Barnes, Noel would be a dream team for next year for me.

Except Houston and GS both have superstars, and GS's lineup is somewhat conventional. So no to that dreadful lineup, it may be the worst rebounding and defensive team in the league.

Did you really just saw Crawford? As in Jamal Crawford?
Jinra
Starter
And1: 121

Post#4 » by Jinra » Wed May 3, 2017 2:12 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Jinra wrote:If you do not have the ultimate Superstar like James, then unconventional seems to be the way to go. (ala Houston) That's why I do not have a problem with Barnes playing the 4. Load the team up with shooters and play Warriors and Rickets (yes, I hate the rockettes) type basketball. That's the real reason I would love to have Riddick and Crawford on this team.

Except Houston and GS both have superstars, and GS's lineup is somewhat conventional. So no to that dreadful lineup, it may be the worst rebounding and defensive team in the league.

Did you really just saw Crawford? As in Jamal Crawford?

Yes I did. Forget the weaknesses... that would be fun to watch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And from what you guys are saying, the team is going to suck until they get a superstar anyway, so I might as well enjoy trying to outscore everyone in the meantime.
Dallas Mavericks 2011 NBA World Champions!!!
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#5 » by SOUNDCHASER » Thu May 4, 2017 5:49 am

Houston follows there series opening win with 121 to 96 loss tot he Spurs.
CLE 125 over TOR 103
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#6 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Jun 2, 2017 11:31 pm

Read on Twitter

:)

Missed opportunity... I should've went back and watched that finals with the week off between games
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,322

Post#7 » by Clyde Frazier » Sat Jun 3, 2017 11:15 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:
Read on Twitter

:)

Missed opportunity... I should've went back and watched that finals with the week off between games

Just remembered the NBA did the finals single game mini movies. Next best thing!

Game 2

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,070

Post#8 » by Dirk » Sun Jun 4, 2017 11:30 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:Just remembered the NBA did the finals single game mini movies. Next best thing!

Game 2

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

A star winning without 'a superteam'. How refreshing. Feels like it was forever ago when we are immersed in this current era where the same teams make the finals every year. I will always value a player more for trying his hardest to lead his team/franchise to a title over another who wins artificially manufactured titles. I have more appreciation if they tried and failed over achieving it somewhere else. I put more stock on the journey the player makes with his team over the raw number of titles.

Back on topic - they should do those mini movies for the other series. Lakers/OKC were historic in their own right. Time really flies... 6 years.
60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks