ImageImageImage

Luka Dončić Discussion - Year 6

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Realtalk420
Sophomore
And1: 30

Re: Luka Dončić Discussion - Year 5 

Post#121 » by Realtalk420 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:00 pm

Dirk wrote:Luka's dad in Dallas. Is this the first time? Probably isn't, but I can't recall on top of my head. Certainly this is unique since he had special seats.

What do the Slovenia tabloids say about this? Any connection to that report from months ago about Luka fighting his mother for trade marks?

We need our best investigators on the case.

As much as I know, his parents are divorced. So I guess it doesn’t has anything to do with that and his visit is just coincidental. Besides didn’t Luka resolve that legal battle with his mom?
deb
Senior
And1: 455

Post#122 » by deb » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:37 pm

Dirk wrote:Luka's dad in Dallas. Is this the first time? Probably isn't, but I can't recall on top of my head. Certainly this is unique since he had special seats.

What do the Slovenia tabloids say about this? Any connection to that report from months ago about Luka fighting his mother for trade marks?

Not the first time. Parents are divorced, Luka was closer to mom, don't know what the situation is after the legal battle.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,101

Post#123 » by Archx » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:00 pm

deb wrote:

Not the first time. Parents are divorced, Luka was closer to mom, don't know what the situation is after the legal battle.

The legal battle ended in early december. I'm just going to copy some things.

The Dallas Mavericks star has concluded the litigation process regarding his personal trademark, Luka Doncic 7, that was the property of his mother

According to The Dallas Morning News, both parties reached an agreement on this business and family conflict. “According to public records from the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Doncic revoked a petition on December 5th that he had submitted on September 6th where he wanted to prevent the brand from being trademarked,” the outlet explained.

I guess they talked privately so he wanted to end the legal battle. But his dad was at his game many times now. His mom on the other hand is completely "invisible". Before that, she was with him everywhere.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,136

Post#124 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:31 am

I read it was his first NBA game he's attended.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,631

Post#125 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 1, 2023 10:46 am

The media wants to give Luka or Embiid the MVP, I have a feeling they don't want to give it to Jokic for the 3rd time, but it's not gonna happen if Mavs are play in team, they need to push hard.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,650

Post#126 » by Dirk » Wed Feb 1, 2023 11:24 am

Mavrelous wrote:The media wants to give Luka or Embiid the MVP, I have a feeling they don't want to give it to Jokic for the 3rd time, but it's not gonna happen if Mavs are play in team, they need to push hard.

The winning probability for Jokic is so high that I don't think there are enough "media members" who would suddenly vote with "their heart" and pick another guy.

Probably the only way at this point would be if Jokic missed games with injury or something.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#127 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 1, 2023 11:32 am

Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:The media wants to give Luka or Embiid the MVP, I have a feeling they don't want to give it to Jokic for the 3rd time, but it's not gonna happen if Mavs are play in team, they need to push hard.

The winning probability for Jokic is so high that I don't think there are enough "media members" who would suddenly vote with "their heart" and pick another guy.

Probably the only way at this point would be if Jokic missed games with injury or something.

The Philly game made a small shift in the narrative, Jokic deserves it, but KG, Legler and others coming out to push Luka is an attempt to push an alternative, I think they are scared of giving it to him and he fails in the PO, puts him in an elite company w/o PO success.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#128 » by Dirk » Wed Feb 1, 2023 11:53 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Dirk wrote:

The Philly game made a small shift in the narrative, Jokic deserves it, but KG, Legler and others coming out to push Luka is an attempt to push an alternative, I think they are scared of giving it to him and he fails in the PO, puts him in an elite company w/o PO success.

This makes sense. At least "emotionally".

I've noticed some MVP probability from basketball reference and he is like at 65%, last time I saw, Luka was like 6%. So the gap is so huge, that it's hard to see enough voters for the others.

I.e, saw this last week

Read on Twitter

I kind of don't want Jokic to win MVP because of how annoying some of his fans have become. But I don't really care that much for Luka winning it. At the end of the day... it's an individual award and what matters is actually winning titles.
60/21/10
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,073

Post#129 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 1, 2023 3:47 pm

Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Dirk wrote:

This makes sense. At least "emotionally".

I've noticed some MVP probability from basketball reference and he is like at 65%, last time I saw, Luka was like 6%. So the gap is so huge, that it's hard to see enough voters for the others.

I.e, saw this last week

Read on Twitter

I kind of don't want Jokic to win MVP because of how annoying some of his fans have become. But I don't really care that much for Luka winning it. At the end of the day... it's an individual award and what matters is actually winning titles.

I think the 3 straight is going to work against him. he probably should not have won it last year, but this year I think its either him or Tatum. Luka is surely in that convo and would love to see him have it, but sadly the team isnt helping his case much
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#130 » by HMFFL » Wed Feb 1, 2023 4:24 pm

Nikola Jokic is who I'm hoping wins. He's a large favorite at the moment over Joel Embiid. If Luka's odda improve he can be in the discussion.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,923

Post#131 » by arkuo » Wed Feb 1, 2023 4:29 pm

HMFFL wrote:Nikola Jokic is who I'm hoping wins. He's a large favorite at the moment over Joel Embiid. If Luka's odda improve he can be in the discussion.

I don't see Luka winning it. Cant be an MVP if your team is hovering above .500

Must be Jokic or Embiid as their teams are winning.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,303

Post#132 » by wco81 » Wed Feb 1, 2023 6:40 pm

Mavs need to worry more about improving the team in the next 3 seasons that Luka is signed for.

Not MVP awards. If he's winning MVP but the Mavs can't get over the hump, that might make him even more frustrated.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#133 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 1, 2023 6:59 pm

wco81 wrote:Mavs need to worry more about improving the team in the next 3 seasons that Luka is signed for.

Not MVP awards. If he's winning MVP but the Mavs can't get over the hump, that might make him even more frustrated.

Thank for the input I guess, but this is a thread about Luka's 5th year, not Mavs FO vision, we have sone of those.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,923

Post#134 » by arkuo » Fri Feb 3, 2023 7:28 am

IMO Luka should just sit out the all star game and use that time to rest and heal. But obviously that's not going to happen.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#135 » by Mavrelous » Fri Feb 3, 2023 8:24 am

arkuo wrote:IMO Luka should just sit out the all star game and use that time to rest and heal. But obviously that's not going to happen.

They jog for 15 minutes there, it's not that big of a deal, but I'd love it if he gives it up.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,303

Post#136 » by wco81 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:51 pm

Yeah nobody even tries to play defense. It's like layup line at practice or shoot around.

Now if Luka was tempted to try a windmill dunk or something else wild, he could accidentally get hurt.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#137 » by HMFFL » Fri Feb 3, 2023 5:25 pm

Luka ups Trae in all star appearances making the trade look even better for Dallas!

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#138 » by Mavrelous » Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:00 am

Happy Birthday El Niño Maravilla
Read on Twitter

Take care of your man Anamaria Goltes, cook him some nice meal, keep it low carb, your man is fat
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#139 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 11, 2023 5:19 am

1st team all NBA for the 4th cosecutive time...
This was a tough call Luka was clearly top 2 guard with Steph this year, but winning plays a role and Luka missed the PO, Booker being inelligble due to missed games helped him a lot.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#140 » by Dirk » Thu May 11, 2023 2:25 pm

Mavrelous wrote:1st team all NBA for the 4th cosecutive time...
This was a tough call Luka was clearly top 2 guard with Steph this year, but winning plays a role and Luka missed the PO, Booker being inelligble due to missed games helped him a lot.

What has Luka bee doing the last few weeks?
60/21/10

Return to Dallas Mavericks