Draft lottery Thread - Mavs #10

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 851

Re: Draft lottery Thread - Mavs #10 

Post#1021 » by Teffer10 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:42 am

I want no part of Powell..
If Jokic and Embiid were on this roster, Powell would find a way to make to the starting lineup.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,918

Post#1022 » by arkuo » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:48 am

boogiezen wrote:Another day, another Luka bashing by the clown arkuo on this forum. Hey clown, how do you propose then? The team is lacking defensively. This is not the first time that Dallas has a problem with defense even during Dirk era except the 2011 title. You want him to be like Jokic and Murray? Like how? You want him to have a ball like Murray do pick n' roll? Like isn't what he is doing now? Jokic? Like posting? Passing? Setting up his teammates? Every team, every player is unique. Lakers won a title in the bubble. Bucks won a title. Warriors won a title. ALL that teams played differently. The similarity? They have balance and played defense!!!!!!

As you can see, when Kai arrived, Luka actually letting him have the ball. They just don't have the personnel defensively. They won 50+ games and made a run in the Western conference last year because of DEFENSE. Kidd implemented ISO plays even when Luka was not playing!! See the UTAH series with Brunson and Spencer!

And funny about vet not wanting Dallas, when this is always been the problem with Dallas since Dirk years. :crazy:

So, stop pretending you know about basketball.

Well what do we have here, boogerzen is back.

Im not gonna read that novel you just wrote so good luck with that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1023 » by arkuo » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:02 am

BeiBeau wrote:
arkuo wrote:A lot of people like comparing Lively to Tyson Chandler. I would also like to throw a Joakim Noah comparison for him out there. Less of a comparison but hopefully a projection IMO. Both are slim big men who have long wingspans and can defend on switches.

If he can defend like Noah and Prosper can be like Corey Brewer then Nico is on to something there.

The Joakim Noah comparison is a fantastic one I hadn’t thought of. Lively is a lot longer though. Kinda Tyson body with Joakim passing.

Noah and Chandler are former DPOY winners I think. If Lively can live up to be similar to both, this is a win. :nod:
boogiezen
Senior
And1: 413

Post#1024 » by boogiezen » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:20 am

Of course you will never going to read my post because you know I'm right.
Maybe it's better not to be the best. Then you can lose and it's OK. - Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993)
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,852

Post#1025 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:32 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
NBA caliber 5 and NBA caliber starting 5 are not the same thing. He’s not a G-leaguer as you’re suggesting.

8.5 Pts, 5.5 rebounds on 20 minutes
6.7 pts, 4 rebounds on 17 minutes
5.8 pts, 4 rebounds on 14 minutes

Those numbers are fine for a backup.

He’s a backup and always has been. But you all hate him because of the failures of the FO when he has done nothing but helped this team.

And yeah I’ve seen plenty of Holmes although not recently. 2 years ago he was just like Dwight just better at literally every thing. He has better touch, a floater and push shot game, he’s more athletic and stronger, and a better rebounder and defender because of said strength.

Supposedly the off court issues and injury issues are handled. He didn’t play this year because he’s a pick and roll big on a team that didn’t run the pick and roll.

Nobody here hates Powell :lol:

The funniest thing about this forum is when someone criticizes a player then he is a hater. It's just basketball. We talk about basketball.

So you are in trouble and you are changing the tables by approaching what I write. Ok, it's good.
I've never written that he is a G-Leaguers.
Powell can be a good 10/15 RS guy at max and he can't play in the PO.

Cuban overpaid him all of his career because the Rondo trade and Luka helped him a lot.

Holmes-Powell-DL2 is not enough for a good run in PO this year, but they already know it.

At least don't waste other moneys on Powell. Vet Min.
No more. Please.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#1026 » by Darren » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:08 pm

The rebounding part is true. Powell is hardworking but besides guarding mid-range oriented big like AD, Powell just can't protect the rim and secure the defensive board. Rebounding could be considered an upgrade.
Darren
RealGM

Post#1027 » by Darren » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:10 pm

Powell is smarter in switch than Maxi who falls in love with guarding the perimeter a lot.
Darren
RealGM

Post#1028 » by Darren » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:11 pm

Powell deserves credit in some area but is exposed against playoff teams.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#1029 » by arkuo » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:24 pm

Powell should be okay as a backup and if he is paid way less. He's still useful, what people dont like with Powell is his contract and his playing time (both not his fault). But Im sure Powell the player and the human being is just fine. No one hates the guy personally. Just his starting spot and the cap room he takes.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,834

Post#1030 » by dirkforpres » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:40 pm

Dont want Powell back at all. If hes back, you know he is going to play... And those minutes are way more useful if Lively, Holmes, Maxi... and hell, even McGee are getting them instead.
FIRE JASON KIDD
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,103

Post#1031 » by BeiBeau » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:54 pm

arkuo wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
arkuo wrote:A lot of people like comparing Lively to Tyson Chandler. I would also like to throw a Joakim Noah comparison for him out there. Less of a comparison but hopefully a projection IMO. Both are slim big men who have long wingspans and can defend on switches.

If he can defend like Noah and Prosper can be like Corey Brewer then Nico is on to something there.

The Joakim Noah comparison is a fantastic one I hadn’t thought of. Lively is a lot longer though. Kinda Tyson body with Joakim passing.

Noah and Chandler are former DPOY winners I think. If Lively can live up to be similar to both, this is a win. :nod:

He has DPOY potential.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1032 » by BeiBeau » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:58 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
NBA caliber 5 and NBA caliber starting 5 are not the same thing. He’s not a G-leaguer as you’re suggesting.

He’s a backup and always has been. But you all hate him because of the failures of the FO when he has done nothing but helped this team.

And yeah I’ve seen plenty of Holmes although not recently. 2 years ago he was just like Dwight just better at literally every thing. He has better touch, a floater and push shot game, he’s more athletic and stronger, and a better rebounder and defender because of said strength.

Supposedly the off court issues and injury issues are handled. He didn’t play this year because he’s a pick and roll big on a team that didn’t run the pick and roll.

The funniest thing about this forum is when someone criticizes a player then he is a hater. It's just basketball. We talk about basketball.

So you are in trouble and you are changing the tables by approaching what I write. Ok, it's good.

Cuban overpaid him all of his career because the Rondo trade and Luka helped him a lot.

Holmes-Powell-DL2 is not enough for a good run in PO this year, but they already know it.

No more. Please.

You said I was a dumb ass for saying that Powell was a NBA caliber big. And now you’re saying that Powell can play 10-15 minutes in the RS.

I didn’t change anything you said. If Powell is not a NBA caliber player then he should not be getting any minutes in the NBA and belongs in europe, China, or the G-league. That’s just basic logic.

If Powell is not a NBA caliber big then he wouldn’t be worthy of getting minutes. You’re contradicting yourself

There is a difference between criticism and hating a player. There are people on this thread saying they don’t want Powell back at all because Kidd trust him and will play him. That is literally just hating on a player because of the situation he’s be put in. Anybody saying Powell isn’t worth it on the vet min because they’re tired of seeing him play is not being logical in their criticism.
Dmavs12
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#1033 » by Dmavs12 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:05 pm

I love how this draft thread has turned into a Powell debate, lol. If you read everyone’s posts we all agree Powell is a serviceable veteran minimum, or close to it, back of the bench rotation big. No more. The question we should be asking is do we all think he will accept a contract like that? If not, none of this is relevant since we would all agree he costs to much and needs to find another team. :)
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,040

Post#1034 » by Archx » Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:50 pm

Rockets will pursue Powell apparently. I hope they do Mavs fans a favour and end this nightmare :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1035 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:14 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

No more. Please.

You said I was a dumb ass for saying that Powell was a NBA caliber big. And now you’re saying that Powell can play 10-15 minutes in the RS.

I didn’t change anything you said. If Powell is not a NBA caliber player then he should not be getting any minutes in the NBA and belongs in europe, China, or the G-league. That’s just basic logic.

If Powell is not a NBA caliber big then he wouldn’t be worthy of getting minutes. You’re contradicting yourself

There is a difference between criticism and hating a player. There are people on this thread saying they don’t want Powell back at all because Kidd trust him and will play him. That is literally just hating on a player because of the situation he’s be put in. Anybody saying Powell isn’t worth it on the vet min because they’re tired of seeing him play is not being logical in their criticism.

Wait, you was the first to call some of us dumbass... I just answered. You started your lonely battle. Not me.

Even Moses Brown had those kind of stats but he is not a NBA caliber C.
A lot of better C than Powell don't play in NBA but probably they are more NBA caliber C than Powell :lol:

Bu if this is your yardstick, ok.
He played minutes in NBA then is a NBA caliber C :lol: :lol: :lol:
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1036 » by BeiBeau » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:17 pm

Dmavs12 wrote:I love how this draft thread has turned into a Powell debate, lol. If you read everyone’s posts we all agree Powell is a serviceable veteran minimum, or close to it, back of the bench rotation big. No more. The question we should be asking is do we all think he will accept a contract like that? If not, none of this is relevant since we would all agree he costs to much and needs to find another team. :)

No. Everyone on this thread is not in agreement that Powell is a serviceable veteran minimum.

On this page alone Archx said he wants Houston to poach him to “put and end to this nightmare”. And Dirkforpres said that he doesn’t want Powell back at all because he doesn’t want Powell to see the floor.

There are Mavs fans who want to make the team worse because they irrationally hate a player on the team for not being something he was ever going to be. The alternative is accepting Powell for his flaws and recognizing that he actually does quite a bit to help this team with basketball games.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1037 » by BeiBeau » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:24 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

No more. Please.

Wait, you was the first to call some of us dumbass... I just answered. You started your lonely battle. Not me.

Even Moses Brown had those kind of stats but he is not a NBA caliber C.
A lot of better C than Powell don't play in NBA but probably they are more NBA caliber C than Powell :lol:

Bu if this is your yardstick, ok.
He played minutes in NBA then is a NBA caliber C :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. I said the hatred for Powell is irrationally dumb. You then said the only dumbass here is me.

2. If you’re offended by that statement you’re kinda telling on yourself. I made a general statement, you were offended by it because you recognized that it applied to you.

3. This is the important one. If Powell is not a NBA caliber center. Then why are you saying that he is good for 10-15 minutes in the regulars season?

Don’t try to skirt around that question by bringing up other players. You need to answer that question directly because it is the reason why your argument is inconsistent.

Because if he is in fact not a NBA caliber center then he shouldn’t be getting minutes at all.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1038 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:31 pm

It's too easy to explain, for you any random guy who play 10minutes in RS are NBA caliber players.

In RS a lot of trash players get minutes. Even worse than Powell.

I completely disagree with your point of view. That's it.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1039 » by BeiBeau » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:02 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:It's too easy to explain, for you any random guy who play 10minutes in RS are NBA caliber players.

Powell isn’t some random player who get got 9 minutes for 50 games.

If a player plays 20 minutes a night for a full decade in the NBA and is a high level roll man he’s NBA caliber player. It’s just that simple.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#1040 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:12 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:It's too easy to explain, for you any random guy who play 10minutes in RS are NBA caliber players.

Powell isn’t some random player who get got 9 minutes for 50 games.

If a player plays 20 minutes a night for a full decade in the NBA and is a high level roll man he’s NBA caliber player. It’s just that simple.

Again, he has to thank Luka for his minutes in NBA... And for his money too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks