ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Oct 30)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,072

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Grizzlies (Oct 30) 

Post#141 » by daoneandonly » Wed Nov 1, 2023 11:50 am

dirkules_41 wrote:Waiting for the same people that are now busy bashing one of our most promising players, who is only 22 and makes solid contributions most nights, when he shuts them up over the course of the season.
Also just random fact Bane is 3 years older than Green. So any comparison should be of Josh in 3 years to Bane today.

He's had 3 years to shut people up and all he's done is

Rookie: Bottom 3% player in the association
Year 2: Pedestrian
Year 3: Rotational

And who cares about Bane being 3 years older, that's not the case with Maxey, McDaniels, or IQ? SO whats the excuse there?
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,167

Post#142 » by BeiBeau » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:19 pm

daoneandonly wrote:BeiBeau, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post

Sadly still have to see it until I login, so I'll bite

Josh Green has just as much lapses in D as anyone else? Wow there's a selling point, considering he doesnt add scoring, rebounding, or facilitating like many of those other guys to balance it out.

0.8 turnovers, yea it does bother me since its more than his combined steals and blocks per game. The guy you claim is a good defender. And before you chime in with steals/blocks dont dictate if someone is a good defender, remember just the other day you mentioned Powell's 3 blocks in an attempt to call another poster out about his play. And his decision making is crap, whether it leads yo turnovers or not, it costs the team points.

Remember like 20 post ago when you said you don’t even have a problem with Josh green. Then I quoted you and called that a bold faced **** lie and then you cried about me being mean. And yet here we are again. Dude you clearly just don’t like Josh. It’s fine but your personal animosity towards him makes it pretty clear you’re not objective at all.

1. No steals and blocks are not a mark of how good a player is on defense. With the exception of centers where block numbers matter some. But Tim Duncan is a top 3 defender of all time and he was never a prolific blocker so it’s not all that matters. I was making fun of 41Dirk41 because he refused to say something nice about Powell from the nets game because of lack of rim protection and a negative box plus minus. But then Dwight has the grizzlies game and was excellent on defense, had a ton of rim protection, and a great box plus minus and still refused to say something nice. The point is that it doesn’t matter to him if Dwight does something good because he’s not a Mavs fan he just hates Dwight. You’re the same way with Josh. He can play well but you don’t care you’re a “fan” who hates the Mavs. But that’s not a fan.

Let’s not play dumb here. If you know anything about basketball then you’re well aware that talking about whether a player has .6 steals per game or .9 steals per game doesn’t matter. But a player having 4 blocks in 12 minutes of play does

2. He not a prolific scorer but he is an efficient one. Considering that Luka, Kyrie, and Tim are going to each take a bunch of shots it’s good to have a guy like Green who takes few but hits them at extremely high percentages.

3. He’s the 3rd best facilitator on the team. It’s weird to criticize him for something he’s always been good at. But then again you’ve never been an objective observer about Josh so I get it.

4. So just to be clear you’re willing to admit right now then that Josh’s turnovers this season don’t both you then? Because he’s putting up more assist then turnovers and he’s putting up more steals then turnovers as well.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#143 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:30 pm

Unfortunately Powell was still horrible on defense despite his 4 blocks against that dumb JJJ :lol:
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#144 » by BeiBeau » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:33 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Waiting for the same people that are now busy bashing one of our most promising players, who is only 22 and makes solid contributions most nights, when he shuts them up over the course of the season.
Also just random fact Bane is 3 years older than Green. So any comparison should be of Josh in 3 years to Bane today.

He's had 3 years to shut people up and all he's done is

Rookie: Bottom 3% player in the association
Year 2: Pedestrian
Year 3: Rotational

And who cares about Bane being 3 years older, that's not the case with Maxey, McDaniels, or IQ? SO whats the excuse there?

He’s had 3 years to shut you up cause you’re the only one who cries about him constantly. Well and your burner dirkforpres. But that’s never going to happen because you’re irrational when it comes to green.

Look at him. He’s come so far. Rookie being the worst 3pt shooter in the league. To now coming off 40% for the season. And for the 2nd season in the row starting out shooting 44% from 3.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#145 » by BeiBeau » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:44 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Unfortunately Powell was still horrible on defense despite his 4 blocks against that dumb JJJ :lol:

Making incorrect statements and then not defending them with any evidence must be the easiest thing on the internet.

Normally Powell is weak on defense and rebounding. But this game he was great.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#146 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:48 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:BeiBeau, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post

Sadly still have to see it until I login, so I'll bite

Josh Green has just as much lapses in D as anyone else? Wow there's a selling point, considering he doesnt add scoring, rebounding, or facilitating like many of those other guys to balance it out.

0.8 turnovers, yea it does bother me since its more than his combined steals and blocks per game. The guy you claim is a good defender. And before you chime in with steals/blocks dont dictate if someone is a good defender, remember just the other day you mentioned Powell's 3 blocks in an attempt to call another poster out about his play. And his decision making is crap, whether it leads yo turnovers or not, it costs the team points.

Remember like 20 post ago when you said you don’t even have a problem with Josh green. Then I quoted you and called that a bold faced **** lie and then you cried about me being mean. And yet here we are again. Dude you clearly just don’t like Josh. It’s fine but your personal animosity towards him makes it pretty clear you’re not objective at all.

1. No steals and blocks are not a mark of how good a player is on defense. With the exception of centers where block numbers matter some. But Tim Duncan is a top 3 defender of all time and he was never a prolific blocker so it’s not all that matters. I was making fun of 41Dirk41 because he refused to say something nice about Powell from the nets game because of lack of rim protection and a negative box plus minus. But then Dwight has the grizzlies game and was excellent on defense, had a ton of rim protection, and a great box plus minus and still refused to say something nice. The point is that it doesn’t matter to him if Dwight does something good because he’s not a Mavs fan he just hates Dwight. You’re the same way with Josh. He can play well but you don’t care you’re a “fan” who hates the Mavs. But that’s not a fan.

Let’s not play dumb here. If you know anything about basketball then you’re well aware that talking about whether a player has .6 steals per game or .9 steals per game doesn’t matter. But a player having 4 blocks in 12 minutes of play does

2. He not a prolific scorer but he is an efficient one. Considering that Luka, Kyrie, and Tim are going to each take a bunch of shots it’s good to have a guy like Green who takes few but hits them at extremely high percentages.

3. He’s the 3rd best facilitator on the team. It’s weird to criticize him for something he’s always been good at. But then again you’ve never been an objective observer about Josh so I get it.

4. So just to be clear you’re willing to admit right now then that Josh’s turnovers this season don’t both you then? Because he’s putting up more assist then turnovers and he’s putting up more steals then turnovers as well.

Green is a solid rotational player...the contract he got is probably fair and tradeable
I have to dissagree with your third Point...there is no way Green is the third Best facilitator....Luka,Kai,Exum, and Curry are all in front of him,Hardy also has more potential...Green's handles are poor(his left hand is very weak), his BB IQ isn't that great(for facilitating) and he's also a solid but not a great passer...he's a good athlete but he lacks the fundamentals and understanding of the game...he still has time to improve but I see him more as an 3 and D player
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,072

Post#147 » by daoneandonly » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:51 pm

Its official, BeiBeau is illiterate.

ANother poster said he doesnt have a problem with Josh Green's extension, not even the player himself, please go back to school and educate yourself. I have plenty of problems with him, as I've stated time and time again. Time to go on another vacation with daddy's money and your imaginary wife.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,615

Post#148 » by Mavrelous » Wed Nov 1, 2023 1:56 pm

Game's over, let's move on, and let's not try to force mods hands to intervene, we're all adults here.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks