ImageImageImage

Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,828

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#521 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:33 pm

Suns remember me Olimpia Milano a little bit in last 2 years, they maked a roster full of great players but no real PG... And for the second time in a row they sign Napier in march. What a dumb management.

Plus i don't understand why they didn't sign Biyombo who was FA and played great for them.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#522 » by tleikheen » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:01 am

Mavs,Denver ,Boston,Houston 9-1 the last 10 games AND the Mavs could win the next 10 games to close out the season the way they're playing .
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#523 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:23 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Suns remember me Olimpia Milano a little bit in last 2 years, they maked a roster full of great players but no real PG... And for the second time in a row they sign Napier in march. What a dumb management.

Plus i don't understand why they didn't sign Biyombo who was FA and played great for them.

I went to the Fenerbahce game the other day - where is Maodo Lo?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,435

Post#524 » by Mavrelous » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:25 am

The 2nd best team in the west IMO is the Pelicans, worst case scenario is getting them in 4-5 matchup and the winner gets DEN in the semis, problem is, at the current rate, you can't afford to be picky, getting cute with the standings can result in dropping to 8th seed.
To maintain tie breaker over the Pelicans, Mavs must beat the Rockets twice, this way they'll have the better division record.
To have the tie breaker against the Kings, Mavs must beat them again on Friday, AND have better record in the western conference, it's very close right now.
Mavs own the tie breaker with the Suns, Mavs have lost the tie breaker with the Clippers.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#525 » by Bob8 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:08 am

Mavrelous wrote:The 2nd best team in the west IMO is the Pelicans, worst case scenario is getting them in 4-5 matchup and the winner gets DEN in the semis, problem is, at the current rate, you can't afford to be picky, getting cute with the standings can result in dropping to 8th seed.
To maintain tie breaker over the Pelicans, Mavs must beat the Rockets twice, this way they'll have the better division record.
To have the tie breaker against the Kings, Mavs must beat them again on Friday, AND have better record in the western conference, it's very close right now.
Mavs own the tie breaker with the Suns, Mavs have lost the tie breaker with the Clippers.

Mavs are in great position and playing great, all 4 direct opponents are having top 10 toughest remaining schedule. Anything can happen there. Mavs with solid chances to finish 4th, if they continue playing like they're playing at the moment. And in that case we have 2022 scenario with much better roster and big bodies to be thrown on Jokic. OKC is only 0.5 game behind Denver, with more difficult schedule, but having tie breaker against Denver, so race for 1st is far from over.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#526 » by Mavrelous » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:14 pm

The odds for Mavs finishing top 6 jumped to 72.6% odd ratio of 2-1 between 6 and 5/4.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.html
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#527 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:10 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Suns remember me Olimpia Milano a little bit in last 2 years, they maked a roster full of great players but no real PG... And for the second time in a row they sign Napier in march. What a dumb management.

What a game! Shields is a beast 8-)

Maodo is dealing with injuries all season long and he is is struggling to find continuity.

It's a pity because Milano (after Napier signs) is a very good team and deserves to play the F4 playoff....
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#528 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:30 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

Maodo is dealing with injuries all season long and he is is struggling to find continuity.

It's a pity because Milano (after Napier signs) is a very good team and deserves to play the F4 playoff....

Was sitting courtside behind the basket, loved it. Even though they didn't need to make it this close after the massive lead all game :lol:
Ah fair enough, he's great for Germany and Shabazz is just a bit small and scoring too inefficiently.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#529 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:I went to the Fenerbahce game the other day - where is Maodo Lo?

Was sitting courtside behind the basket, loved it. Even though they didn't need to make it this close after the massive lead all game :lol:
Ah fair enough, he's great for Germany and Shabazz is just a bit small and scoring too inefficiently.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shabazz is the only true PG on the roster... We need him, obviously he is not Sergio Rodriguez :banghead:
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#530 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:23 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shabazz is the only true PG on the roster... We need him, obviously he is not Sergio Rodriguez :banghead:

I noticed, he´s just very small and shoots low percentage.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#531 » by Mavrelous » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

It's a bloodbath out west, all teams 4-11 who played won today.
Lakers and Ws are 9 and 10 but have very easy schedules, Lakers will have 47-49 wins by end of season IMO.
Ws are smelling blood in the water while feeling the the pressure from Houston from behind, they are in a tough spot but they will go down swinging, the 2 games against them will very tough.
Suns beat DEN, they have their number, DEN doesn't want to see them in the PO.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#532 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

We have to stop watching other teams records. We just have to keep wininning ourselves and everything will be fine.
It is insane. everyone is winning.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#533 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

Meanwhile over at the LEastern conference, Chicago and Atlanta have play in spots despite being garbage. While the West's blood bath continues.

The play-in was a stupid idea from the jump, it negates the 82 game struggle. But if Silver insists on it, at the very least he should elt the West team battle with the bottom East in the play-in scenario. Ridiculous that one of the West teams will be out but Chicago and Atl in
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#534 » by MassimoPayne » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

Play-In is only a stupid idea if your team is affected. for a neutral fan it is pure entertainment.
That the east sucks and the west not is not a play in issue
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,042

Post#535 » by daoneandonly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:Play-In is only a stupid idea if your team is affected. for a neutral fan it is pure entertainment.
That the east sucks and the west not is not a play in issue

There should be some logic though. If a team is under 500 and back several games from the 8th seed, should they really still have a chance at the playoffs?

I dont see why you reward mediocrity or even below that. There should be some criteria to it, not just automatic 7-10 are play-in games
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#536 » by Michaellam1987 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

tleikheen wrote:Mavs,Denver ,Boston,Houston 9-1 the last 10 games AND the Mavs could win the next 10 games to close out the season the way they're playing .

It will be terrifying for all the opponents if DAL enter the playoff with a 15 game winning streak.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#537 » by tleikheen » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 pm

Mavs are buying into the team concept at the end of the year. Luka and kyrie are getting assists but Dante ,THC, the Centers are all getting some assists too. And then the team rebounds has jumped too.

The ball is moving and the Mavs are rebounding like it is now ,the West is on alert the Mavs are taking no prisoners on their march to the Championship.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 am

Pelicans up to 16 at the half time against the Bucks. Damn.
GermanFan120
Analyst
And1: 1,096

Post#539 » by GermanFan120 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:07 pm

I just have this crazy idea that Warriors might be looking to offload Draymond in the summer. I hope an ahole like Draymond never gets to wear Mavs jersey...
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#540 » by Bob8 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:I just have this crazy idea that Warriors might be looking to offload Draymond in the summer. I hope an ahole like Draymond never gets to wear Mavs jersey...

He would be kinda perfect for Mavs.

Return to Dallas Mavericks