Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#621 » by gottamakeit » Mon Apr 8, 2024 7:57 am

Bob8 wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:whats the injury report on Gafford? he was seen limping
need to cut back on PJ's minutes. And we gotta keep maxi fresh. Bust out Omax with play-in avoidance nearly assured.
dont want to limp in to the playoffs

Win next 2 and then rest everyone. 10 days break should be enough.

Counter proposal:

Rest now. Then play everyone last 2 games to ramp up
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,580

Post#622 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:01 am

gottamakeit wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:whats the injury report on Gafford? he was seen limping
need to cut back on PJ's minutes. And we gotta keep maxi fresh. Bust out Omax with play-in avoidance nearly assured.
dont want to limp in to the playoffs

Win next 2 and then rest everyone. 10 days break should be enough.

Counter proposal:

Rest now. Then play everyone last 2 games to ramp up

Being in situation that you theoretically need to win last 2 games to avoid play-in? I don't think so.

The most risk I would be prepared to take is winning against Hornets, rest players against Miami and then see, if we need another win or not.
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#623 » by MassimoPayne » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:03 am

I would already leave Luka at home for the two game east coast trip. He looked busted as hell at the end of last night's game.
They can also win without him - at least in Charlotte.
I would also be careful with Exum, he is injury prone and incredibelly important as you saw yesterday.
Could also imagine going with the full squad against Charlotte. Secure and easy win and rest everyone against Miami in the b2b
Bob8
General Manager

Post#624 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:06 am

MassimoPayne wrote:I would already leave Luka at home for the two game east coast trip. He looked busted as hell at the end of last night's game.
They can also win without him - at least in Charlotte.
I would also be careful with Exum, he is injury prone and incredibelly important as you saw yesterday.
Could also imagine going with the full squad against Charlotte. Secure and easy win and rest everyone against Miami in the b2b

No, Charlotte is a must win game, winning it means we're 95% in playoffs. You don't take a risk in game like that unless medical personnel say player can't play. Leaving Luka at home means that you put all burden on Kyrie, who's probably tired too.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,509

Post#625 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:08 am

Play the Hornets and Pistons games, rest the Heat game 2nd night of a B2B.
I wanted a Suns win against the Pelicans to afford resting both Hornets and Heat game, but it is what it is.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Post#626 » by gottamakeit » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:33 am

Ramadan is coming to an end. Eid is likely Wednesday. Does Kyrie play against Miami?
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,851

Post#627 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:12 am

Mavrelous wrote:Play the Hornets and Pistons games, rest the Heat game 2nd night of a B2B.
I wanted a Suns win against the Pelicans to afford resting both Hornets and Heat game, but it is what it is.

Agree.

2 easy Ws against tanking team are probably enough for the #6.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#628 » by Bob8 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 11:25 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Play the Hornets and Pistons games, rest the Heat game 2nd night of a B2B.

Agree.

2 easy Ws against tanking team are probably enough for the #6.

2 wins are mathematically enough.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#629 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 8, 2024 3:22 pm

Thinking about it, 1 win is enough almost certainly.
With 49 wins, for any of the 3 teams to pass the Mavs in the standings, they have to win out, and 2 of them have to do it, 1 isn't enough, Kings play the Pelicans and Suns, so them winning out guarantees PO spot for the Mavs, which means Suns and Pelicans have both to win out, 8 games, 8 wins, 7 of them are against teams that need the wins, it's practically impossible.
Beat the Hornets and you get a 12 day vacation...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#630 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 3:59 am

Mavrelous wrote:Thinking about it, 1 win is enough almost certainly.
With 49 wins, for any of the 3 teams to pass the Mavs in the standings, they have to win out, and 2 of them have to do it, 1 isn't enough, Kings play the Pelicans and Suns, so them winning out guarantees PO spot for the Mavs, which means Suns and Pelicans have both to win out, 8 games, 8 wins, 7 of them are against teams that need the wins, it's practically impossible.
Beat the Hornets and you get a 12 day vacation...

Agree the most part, but what happen if LAC lose to PHX tomorrow, and we win at CHA, should we still try the possibility of passing LAC to get the 4, given that LAC may have chance to lose again to PHX and also the last game to HOU.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#631 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:23 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:Agree the most part, but what happen if LAC lose to PHX tomorrow, and we win at CHA, should we still try the possibility of passing LAC to get the 4, given that LAC may have chance to lose again to PHX and also the last game to HOU.

Houston should tank, and Clippers should beat them w/o it.
If the team was healthy then do it, but Luka is exhausted, if they win against CHA today, punt the Heat game, rest everyone, Luka, Kyrie, Exum, Gafford and PJ, shut down Luka for the season, play Kyrie and the rest against the Pistons and then shut them down.
I doubt they'll do it, they'll play everyone against the Pistons, but at least don't risk the Miami game, Miami needs to win out to maintain the 7th seed.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,271

Post#632 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:46 am

Oh and we're first in our division, which means nothing in NBA like it does NFL.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#633 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:49 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Oh and we're first in our division, which means nothing in NBA like it does NFL.

The only thing division matter for is tie breakers, it actually helped the Mavs since it gave them the tie breaker with the Pelicans.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,271

Post#634 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:54 am

Mavrelous wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Oh and we're first in our division, which means nothing in NBA like it does NFL.

The only thing division matter for is tie breakers, it actually helped the Mavs since it gave them the tie breaker with the Pelicans.

I remember when getting first in your division automatically meant a top 3 seed and Spurs would have the best record in the Conference Mavs would have second best but have to be without homecourt advantage the first round for not winning their division. IIRC Mavs/Spurs are why they changed it.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#635 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 9, 2024 5:57 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

I remember when getting first in your division automatically meant a top 3 seed and Spurs would have the best record in the Conference Mavs would have second best but have to be without homecourt advantage the first round for not winning their division. IIRC Mavs/Spurs are why they changed it.

Yep, it was a bizarre situation, Mavs had HCA in the 1st round, but the 2 best teams by far had to meet in the 2nd round instead of the conference finals (The famous Mavs/Spurs series in 2006).
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#636 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:17 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:Agree the most part, but what happen if LAC lose to PHX tomorrow, and we win at CHA, should we still try the possibility of passing LAC to get the 4, given that LAC may have chance to lose again to PHX and also the last game to HOU.

If the team was healthy then do it, but Luka is exhausted, if they win against CHA today, punt the Heat game, rest everyone, Luka, Kyrie, Exum, Gafford and PJ, shut down Luka for the season, play Kyrie and the rest against the Pistons and then shut them down.
I doubt they'll do it, they'll play everyone against the Pistons, but at least don't risk the Miami game, Miami needs to win out to maintain the 7th seed.

No point for HOU to tank, as their pick will go to OKC, which is only top 4 protected.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#637 » by Mavrelous » Tue Apr 9, 2024 1:35 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

No point for HOU to tank, as their pick will go to OKC, which is only top 4 protected.

They have ~7% odds of winning the lottery at 12, 14% at 10 (pass ATL and CHI), so it doubles their odds of keeping their pick.
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,063

Post#638 » by BeiBeau » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:59 pm

Giving the Knicks, one of my least favorite franchises, the 25th pick in a weak draft instead of the 11th or 12th in a great draft feels so good to me.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,005

Post#639 » by Archx » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:35 pm

BeiBeau wrote:Giving the Knicks, one of my least favorite franchises, the 25th pick in a weak draft instead of the 11th or 12th in a great draft feels so good to me.

And for this great point i give you 999th AND1 :D
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,112

Post#640 » by GermanFan120 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:18 am

I am watching the Nuggets Wolves game... man I don't think we can beat the Nuggets in a game of 7... Maybe next year if we could further upgrade our roster, specifically defensive wing player.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Return to Dallas Mavericks