Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,439

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#441 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:51 pm

Well, at least no one will talk about Mavs embarrasement now...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,155

Post#442 » by Dirk » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:54 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Well, at least no one will talk about Mavs embarrasement now...

Yes. But the Warriors get blown out and the Suns lose to Houston (and maybe Thunder) and Mavs are in a hole and dont profit.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#443 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:56 pm

Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Well, at least no one will talk about Mavs embarrasement now...

Yes. But the Warriors get blown out and the Suns lose to Houston (and maybe Thunder) and Mavs are in a hole and dont profit.

Man, I'd be happy by just not having another late season collapse again, 7th seed and 48 wins is enough for me.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#444 » by ejs78 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:31 am

Hopefully Brunson is ok.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,960

Post#445 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:27 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Looking like we'll be a play in team and have to face the Lakers or Warriors.

Ever since not signing Brunson and trading DFS, etc Mavs are trash.
Even without Brunson this team was still holding on to 4th seed. Dinwiddie is not as good as Kyrie but he was fitting well with Luka. DFS was a better defensive team lead for some reason.

It was nice to have the core of Luka-Brunson-DFS. We didn't have a center, but these guys were serious players together. DFS was not making defensive mistakes that often like PJ. He was making clutch shots. Brunson is severely missed. He was becoming a star and it was a great fit with Doncic. Similar to Exum he was controlling the tempo but Brunson also had that CP3-like penetrating inside patiently and finding an opportunity to pass or shoot. Kyrie is an amazing finisher but he is not that guy who wonders around the paint, finding the best pass or turn-around shot. He misses those elite PG skills but has a PG height.

Luka-Brunson-DFS-Lively might have been contenders but we'll never know.

Of course with a different roster some other team might have drafted Lively as we would have likely have a lower draft pick.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#446 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:34 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:Looking like we'll be a play in team and have to face the Lakers or Warriors.

Ever since not signing Brunson and trading DFS, etc Mavs are trash.
Even without Brunson this team was still holding on to 4th seed. Dinwiddie is not as good as Kyrie but he was fitting well with Luka. DFS was a better defensive team lead for some reason.

It was nice to have the core of Luka-Brunson-DFS. We didn't have a center, but these guys were serious players together. DFS was not making defensive mistakes that often like PJ. He was making clutch shots. Brunson is severely missed. He was becoming a star and it was a great fit with Doncic. Similar to Exum he was controlling the tempo but Brunson also had that CP3-like penetrating inside patiently and finding an opportunity to pass or shoot. Kyrie is an amazing finisher but he is not that guy who wonders around the paint, finding the best pass or turn-around shot. He misses those elite PG skills but has a PG height.

Luka-Brunson-DFS-Lively might have been contenders but we'll never know.

Of course with a different roster some other team might have drafted Lively as we would have likely have a lower draft pick.

We got Gafford for a trading a pick swap. I wish they kept Brunson and add Gafford or someone else at C.
Amount of picks spent for Kyrie-Grant-PJ Washington is a lot. Mavs could've got borderline all star for that.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#447 » by ejs78 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:30 am

Big comeback win for the Bulls over the Kings.

No one wants that 5-6 seed

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#448 » by Mavrelous » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:34 am

ejs78 wrote:Big comeback win for the Bulls over the Kings.

No one wants that 5-6 seed

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I think DEN and MIN will finnish 1 + 2, I still don't trust the Thunder
MassimoPayne
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#449 » by MassimoPayne » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:23 am

It is really a tragedy that we don't profit of the losses of basically everyone in front of us. That would be such a good time to have a small run. Which I actually thought we could have after that 7 games wins streak
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#450 » by Archx » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:58 am

MassimoPayne wrote:It is really a tragedy that we don't profit of the losses of basically everyone in front of us. That would be such a good time to have a small run. Which I actually thought we could have after that 7 games wins streak

Just like last and year before. Feels like everyone around Mavs keep on losing and Mavs don't take the opportunity also losing games to much lesser teams. This is not a serious team until they fix that.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,960

Post#451 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Mar 5, 2024 11:48 am

Kidd: we trust and need Tim if we want to win a championship

*facepalm*
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#452 » by ejs78 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 2:06 pm

West Records last 10 games 5-10 seed w/ schedule

Pels: 6-4 /@Tor, @Philly, @ Atl, Cle, LAC

Suns: 5-5 /OKC, @ Den, Tor, Bos, @ Cle

Kings: 5-5 /@LAL, SA, Hou, Mil, LAL

Mavs: 6-4 /Indy, Mia, @ Det, @ Chi, GS

Lakers: 7-3/ Sac, Mil, Min, @Sac, GS

Warriors: 7-3/ Mil, Chi, SA, @SA, @Dal
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,835

Post#453 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 3:35 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:Kidd: we trust and need Tim if we want to win a championship

*facepalm*

He is trolling us and nobody stop him :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Probably he is useful like scapegoat for Nico and GM but i pay the LP and i would like to see good basketball games and not a old ass moron pensioner coaching my team.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,109

Post#454 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:28 pm

Pat Mills signing with Heat. I dont know how is he doing physically but he would be nice for second unit come playoff time. Phasing out THJ for Exum-Mills would be nice.
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 684

Post#455 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:45 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:Pat Mills signing with Heat. I dont know how is he doing physically but he would be nice for second unit come playoff time. Phasing out THJ for Exum-Mills would be nice.

Mavs don't have the roster spot...they converted AJ Lawson... don't think they wanted to add another undersized guard...he would provide the scoring punch but his D wouldn't help this team
With this coaching team(that is Lost in the universe...no gameplan) I don't think he would be of much help
BliscoSantos
Rookie

Post#456 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:52 am

Sean Sweeney is apparently joining the staff of the Slovenian National team in the summer,trying to Quality for the Olynpics... it's interesting but I'm not sure how he can help considering the talent level of the National team
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,989

Post#457 » by Archx » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:05 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:Sean Sweeney is apparently joining the staff of the Slovenian National team in the summer,trying to Quality for the Olynpics... it's interesting but I'm not sure how he can help considering the talent level of the National team

Oh no... We're already coached by Kidd 2.0 now this guy who's suppose to be defensive coordinator with Mavs. :nonono:
BliscoSantos
Rookie

Post#458 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:10 pm

Archx wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Sean Sweeney is apparently joining the staff of the Slovenian National team in the summer,trying to Quality for the Olynpics... it's interesting but I'm not sure how he can help considering the talent level of the National team

Oh no... We're already coached by Kidd 2.0 now this guy who's suppose to be defensive coordinator with Mavs. :nonono:

Yeah,I don't see the point of adding him... don't even know what his Job is,besides being Kidd's assistant..I read somewhere he was D coordinator,then they switched him to ofensive and back to defensive...I don't,I think he might Just be added to make sure Luka is not overplayed, doesn't get injured
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 928

Post#459 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:11 pm

Archx wrote:

Out of interest: Has THJ ever put on the USA jersey?

:devil:
BliscoSantos
Rookie

Post#460 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:19 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:
Archx wrote:

Out of interest: Has THJ ever put on the USA jersey?

:devil:

Yeah,I don't want him on Slovenian National team if that's what you were going for :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks