daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,045

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#581 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:21 pm

Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
Pick swap? I'm not worried about. MLE for GW that's normal these days. Reggie Bullock is the last thing I'm worried about. Every GM in the NBA misses on signings. JG resigning isnt a bad deal its pretty cheap in nba deals and very tradeable. He didnt over pay for PJ. I can name 5 things Nico has done to improve the franchise. But lets just talk about the things he's missed on.

Look Im loving what this team is doing right now, its a joy to watch and follow. But we cant just ignore the mistakes he made, we dont have much assets to improve because he ran through them. Its not being a bad fan to call it out, those mistakes put us in a bit of a hole.

The KP trade to Washington was terrible and atrocious, we took on Bertans and still gave up a 2nd in that swap.
Brunson fiasco
Unprotected pick swap for Grant WIlliams
Kidd over Mosley (dont remember who came first, Kidd or Nico)

Now some of this hinges on if Omax develops. If he does, great, Nico deserves credit for that find. If he doesn't, then we could have just absorbed Grant Williams instead of trading a pick swap as we wouldnt have had Holmes. Then we could have probably traded GWIll and the pick swap to OKC (their first to Wiz) for Gafford and Josh Green for Cha without giving up the 2027 pick. All conjecture, but I'm not going to praise Nico quite yet when he's made plenty of mistakes.

Hold up! Bertans got us Lively?!?!!? Coaching hire Mosley was already gone the year before. Rick was still our HC when Mosley took the Magic job. Brunson thing yeah they missed it but Luka wouldnt be the player he is today Neither would be JB if he was still here it was a win win for both sides. Really seems like your reaching for things to complain about tbh.

No the job was vacant when Mosley accepted the Orl job, he wanted to be here, Luka wanted him. Rick was being petty and endorsed Kidd because Luka liked Jamal better.

Bertans didnt get us Lively, we were in a position to get Lively regardless, it was a smart move by Nico to unload the contract to move down and get their guy. But wouldnt have need it if we didnt take it on in the first place.
Swish77
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#582 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:29 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Look Im loving what this team is doing right now, its a joy to watch and follow. But we cant just ignore the mistakes he made, we dont have much assets to improve because he ran through them. Its not being a bad fan to call it out, those mistakes put us in a bit of a hole.

The KP trade to Washington was terrible and atrocious, we took on Bertans and still gave up a 2nd in that swap.
Brunson fiasco
Unprotected pick swap for Grant WIlliams
Kidd over Mosley (dont remember who came first, Kidd or Nico)

Now some of this hinges on if Omax develops. If he does, great, Nico deserves credit for that find. If he doesn't, then we could have just absorbed Grant Williams instead of trading a pick swap as we wouldnt have had Holmes. Then we could have probably traded GWIll and the pick swap to OKC (their first to Wiz) for Gafford and Josh Green for Cha without giving up the 2027 pick. All conjecture, but I'm not going to praise Nico quite yet when he's made plenty of mistakes.

Hold up! Bertans got us Lively?!?!!? Coaching hire Mosley was already gone the year before. Rick was still our HC when Mosley took the Magic job. Brunson thing yeah they missed it but Luka wouldnt be the player he is today Neither would be JB if he was still here it was a win win for both sides. Really seems like your reaching for things to complain about tbh.

No the job was vacant when Mosley accepted the Orl job, he wanted to be here, Luka wanted him. Rick was being petty and endorsed Kidd because Luka liked Jamal better.

Bertans didnt get us Lively, we were in a position to get Lively regardless, it was a smart move by Nico to unload the contract to move down and get their guy. But wouldnt have need it if we didnt take it on in the first place.

Mosley got the Magic Job June 11th 2021. Rick didn't Step down until June 17th 2021. Mosley was already gone. So your guessing on Lively being there at 10? Also Dirk, Tyson,Trix all endorsed Kidd. Then Luka did as well. The way its looking Kidd's doing a pretty good job as we speak.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#583 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:33 pm

Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Mosley got the Magic Job June 11th 2021. Rick didn't Step down until June 17th 2021. Mosley was already gone. So your guessing on Lively being there at 10? Also Dirk, Tyson,Trix all endorsed Kidd. Then Luka did as well. The way its looking Kidd's doing a pretty good job as we speak.

Mosley got the job in July, not June. One month after RC stepped down.

What do you mean guessing Lively being there at 10? Of he course because we moved down from 10 to 12 and got him?
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,110

Post#584 » by GermanFan120 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 2:43 pm

Swish77 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:We are not going to win it all this year. So try to get the best record and build more confidence going into playoffs. The west is pretty wild, nothing is easy.

I disagree on this. Any team can get hot and go on a run in the playoffs. I don't count us out at all. If you really thing We have no chance then why are you a mavs fan. Have you not seen Playoff Luka? Like come on.

I don't think saying mavs are not going to win it all is considered a crazy take at all. Being a fan doesn't mean being unrealistic.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,986

Post#585 » by Apz » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:11 pm

Any news on livelys injury?
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#586 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:34 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:We are not going to win it all this year. So try to get the best record and build more confidence going into playoffs. The west is pretty wild, nothing is easy.

I disagree on this. Any team can get hot and go on a run in the playoffs. I don't count us out at all. If you really thing We have no chance then why are you a mavs fan. Have you not seen Playoff Luka? Like come on.

I don't think saying mavs are not going to win it all is considered a crazy take at all. Being a fan doesn't mean being unrealistic.

Don't watch the playoffs then right? If you don't think we will win anything just stop watching the games now right? what's the point of watching any of the games if you don't think we can win anything.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#587 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 4:39 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Mosley got the job in July, not June. One month after RC stepped down.

What do you mean guessing Lively being there at 10? Of he course because we moved down from 10 to 12 and got him?

Love the way Nico turns nothing into something great. Nico EOTY.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#588 » by GermanFan120 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 5:09 pm

Swish77 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Don't watch the playoffs then right? If you don't think we will win anything just stop watching the games now right? what's the point of watching any of the games if you don't think we can win anything.

LOL Learn to read. I didn't say Mavs won't win anything. I said Mavs won't win it all.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 966

Post#589 » by tleikheen » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:10 pm

I think we're seeing the Mavs team is taking very seriously ,playoff positioning.

I hate seeing guys wanting to give away a game for resting Luka or Kyrie . They're the guys that want to play the most,Luka and Kyrie!

Clippers have Sacramento on the road and Denver next . Mavs have their eyes on the #4 spot and homecourt advantage.
Swish77
Sophomore

Post#590 » by Swish77 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:19 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

LOL Learn to read. I didn't say Mavs won't win anything. I said Mavs won't win it all.

Learn to be more positive.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Post#591 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:23 pm

I think no teams want to face the Dallas Mavericks right now...
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#592 » by GermanFan120 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:44 pm

Swish77 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

Learn to be more positive.

I'm positive you don't comprehend well.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#593 » by daoneandonly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 7:58 pm

Big game tonight, nervous to watch it. Sucks if Lively is out, he may be my fave Mav, but seems to be a little prone to injury. But you have to make due with what you have.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,849

Post#594 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:53 pm

Kawhi out tonight (and maybe more games...)... Go Kings
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,501

Post#595 » by Maverick41 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:20 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Kawhi out tonight (and maybe more games...)... Go Kings

Kawhi's knee soreness is something to seriously monitor. Everytime he gets these, he tends to be out for extended periods. If he's unhealthy or even out in the 1st round, I would prefer the LAC 1st round matchup the most. Preferably with homecourt advantage.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#596 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:55 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

They have a shot, this is the best Mavs team since 2011. It's not guaranteed for any team even Boston or Denver. Just enjoy it.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#597 » by GermanFan120 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:36 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

They have a shot, this is the best Mavs team since 2011. It's not guaranteed for any team even Boston or Denver. Just enjoy it.

I'd say WCF is more realistic goal. Denver is really at another tier. Just because we buzzer beater them once doesn't mean we are as good as them now.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#598 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:47 pm

We're likely to face them in the 2nd round if we get #4 or #5 and they get #1 then we match up. If we lose against them so be it, but I'm not going to just chalk it up a loss until they beat us. They had a really easy path in winning the Finals last year they got to beat a #8 seed, a #7 seed, a #4 seed and a #8 seed in the Finals. We'd be the toughest opponent they've had in either playoff. They're not some dynasty at least yet.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#599 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:02 am

ChipotleWest wrote:We're likely to face them in the 2nd round if we get #4 or #5 and they get #1 then we match up. If we lose against them so be it, but I'm not going to just chalk it up a loss until they beat us. They had a really easy path in winning the Finals last year they got to beat a #8 seed, a #7 seed, a #4 seed and a #8 seed in the Finals. We'd be the toughest opponent they've had in either playoff. They're not some dynasty at least yet.

Of course mavs have a shot, I never said Denver would sweep/destroy us.

Who knows, maybe Murray won't be 100% as always the case.

But in full squad, they are clearly the better team and the better COACHED team.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#600 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:07 am

Mavs can beat any team at current strength. But same thing can be said about Nuggets and Celtics.

Assuming Mavs meet Celtics in the final, I don't see us beating them either unless some key injury happens on their squad.

This is how I would rank to win championship this year as of today:

1st: Nuggets
2nd: Celtics
(the gap here is quite LARGE)
3rd: Mavs
4th: Clippers

Return to Dallas Mavericks