Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,887

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Nuggets (Nov 3) 

Post#181 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:01 am

Absinthe wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Absinthe wrote:Gordon, MPJ, and Jokic all almost had double digit rebounds. The Mavs gave up backbreaking threes at the end of the second and third quarters. The Mavs gave up 40 in the first quarter. That’s your game.

And all three of those are at least 6'9/6'10 and up. We played 6'10 Powell as the biggest player with a bunch of smalls most of the game.

I don’t disagree. Like I said earlier, Holmes and Prosper are getting zero minutes against one of the tallest teams in the league. Trotting out players like Green, Curry, and THJ won’t cut it against Denver.

Perfectly fine to play them at the 1 and 2 and some minutes at 3 but then you really gotta beef up the 4 and 5 which of course we don't because why would you, right... :lol:
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,887

Post#182 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 3:07 am

BliscoSantos wrote:Only saw the first half then went to sleep...why didn't Exum play?

Have a question about a trade...would you do(and would the Knicks be interested) a trade for Randle,Fournier,by giving up Hardaway,Kleber and Holmes??
Randle's been poor,Fournier rides the bench ,but I don't think there's a big difference in Fournier and Hardaway and I think Randle could work with Luka and Kai...Grant would Play the SF

Absolutely not. THJ is a shot in the arm for our offense no matter what people say and Randle is a ball dominant undersized 4.
I think so far this team looks pretty good and is really just lacking another proper rebounding/defensive C.
Having an anchor out there for 48min would be a complete game changer.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,859

Post#183 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:57 am

BeiBeau wrote:
As much as 41Dirk41 doesn’t know anything about the sport of basketball. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Powell is fine in the switch defense and against smaller line ups. Embiid and Jokic at the 2 best centers in the league and both of them are absolutely massive human beings.

Powell is fine to do nothing on a basketball court, we have seen Simmons, Murray and other PG/SG shoot OVER his T-Rex arms.
He only has hustle and he can move his t-rex arms like a crazy guy. No more.

I'm just sorry that you're so cornered that you always have to attack me because the fool you've made is truly remarkable :lol: :lol: :lol:

But don't worry, he will have other good moments in RS against garbage teams so you can write how is useful this scrub. Already seen story :lol:

But the reality about him will never change...time heals everything my friend... but it will never make Powell a basketball player :wink:
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,177

Post#184 » by BeiBeau » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:31 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
As much as 41Dirk41 doesn’t know anything about the sport of basketball. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Powell is fine in the switch defense and against smaller line ups. Embiid and Jokic at the 2 best centers in the league and both of them are absolutely massive human beings.

Powell is fine to do nothing on a basketball court, we have seen Simmons, Murray and other PG/SG shoot OVER his T-Rex arms.

I'm just sorry that you're so cornered that you always have to attack me because the fool you've made is truly remarkable :lol: :lol: :lol:

But don't worry, he will have other good moments in RS against garbage teams so you can write how is useful this scrub. Already seen story :lol:

But the reality about him will never change...time heals everything my friend... but it will never make Powell a basketball player :wink:

JJJ couldn’t shoot over those T. rex arms. Im sorry that you’re not smart enough to be objective. No Dwight Powell is not good enough to guard Jokic. But no one on the planet is. The problem is that Dwight is bad at rebounding and that was where Jokic killed us. Which is why I think Dallas should look at getting a bigger bodied backup for nights when teams are going to play a traditional 5 all night like the Nuggets and the 76ers.

None of that takes away from the fact the Dwight has had 2 great games this season. I can admit when Dwight **** up and when he’s not good enough for a certain situation. You can’t admit when he does something good. That is called not being objective and it’s why daoneandonly is the only one who respects your opinion.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#185 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:16 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

JJJ couldn’t shoot over those T. rex arms. Im sorry that you’re not smart enough to be objective. No Dwight Powell is not good enough to guard Jokic. But no one on the planet is. The problem is that Dwight is bad at rebounding and that was where Jokic killed us. Which is why I think Dallas should look at getting a bigger bodied backup for nights when teams are going to play a traditional 5 all night like the Nuggets and the 76ers.

None of that takes away from the fact the Dwight has had 2 great games this season. I can admit when Dwight **** up and when he’s not good enough for a certain situation. You can’t admit when he does something good. That is called not being objective and it’s why daoneandonly is the only one who respects your opinion.

No one add +1 to your Powell defending post but they did it with mine :lol:
So you can't even count? there are evening schools, they say that in desperate cases they can be useful. Try. :wink:

Powell sucks and he will always suck, he just has Luka to thank for still being in the NBA because a lot of better centers than him play outside the league. :banghead:

He earned in his career 71M + this contract.
It's insane.
Cuban is the dumbest guy in the world :lol: :lol: :lol:
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#186 » by BeiBeau » Sun Nov 5, 2023 8:31 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

So you can't even count? there are evening schools, they say that in desperate cases they can be useful. Try. :wink:

Powell sucks and he will always suck, he just has Luka to thank for still being in the NBA because a lot of better centers than him play outside the league. :banghead:

It's insane.

We’re counting and 1s? Lmao. Goodbye. If you ever actually want to have a real conversation about basketball then responds but your no longer worth it if this is how you measure your arguments.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#187 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 3:53 am

BeiBeau wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Additionally, The Celtics and Nets were better teams after getting Kyrie. They quite literally by definition improved in the standings. Yeah Dallas sank in the standing last year but that’s because the defense was terrible. They have gotten the defensive pieces back and are now looking good.

As always, you talk BS to be Kyrie apologist.
Kyrie is a huge defensive liability. He also let rebounds go the other way. Against teams like Bulls, Grizzlies with lackluster offense, its nice to not have Kyrie-liability.

Celtics and Nets were super teams that failed miserably with Kyrie. Many playoff failures, let downs by Kyrie.
Lets look at the standings:
Celtics before Kyrie: 2016-17 Celtics 53-29
next two seasons: 49-33 and 55-27

Although the Celtics team got better due to Tatum, and Brown's development, they averaged 53 wins.

Nets before Kyrie: 2018-19 Nets 42-40
next three seasons:
2019-20 Nets 35-37, 2020-21 Nets 48-24, 2021-22 Nets 44-38

On average Nets won 42 wins in three seasons. Considering covid seasons have less games, we can say Nets had slightly better record. But then again that team got Kevin Durant and J.Harden as additions. How one can claim Kyrie brought wins? I mean the guy did not even play much. Kyrie averaged 30 games or sth per season.
Kyrie's last 6 years were all misery for the teams he went to. All fan bases hate him. And they started to hate him before kicking his ass out. Stop debating these facts.

My argument was Kyrie is needed for Nuggets game as Mavs will not be able to stop them defensively anyway. I think Mavs coaching also thought that and they let him rest against Bulls, Grizzlies. Mavs got better defense and rebounding thanks to not having Kyrie.

Is it easy to argue when you just ignore everything else that I comment because you can’t argue against it? If you’re gonna ignore stuff then at least admit you were wrong.

All of those teams were better with Kyrie then without. When he played they were good to great and that nets team would’ve won the championship. I’m not an apologist for pointing out that anyone saying that Dallas is better off if Kyrie doesn’t play just simply does not understand basketball. It doesn’t matter what game you talking about or what clips you pull up from a game that doesn’t even involve the Mavs.

What you simply lack the ability to understand is that Luka struggled in the game against the bulls because Kyrie was not there. If Kyrie was healthy and would’ve played then they would not have been able to double Luka all game, Luka would’ve had to play less minutes, and Dallas would’ve been a much better team when Luka was not on the court.

Stop crying.
*EDIT*
Stop hallucinating and saying Kyrie's teams played good to great with him.

He is the fool of the league by a wide margin. His super-teams sucked too much. Nets and Celtics became 'jokes' because of Kyrie's underperformance for the last 6 years. Even the Mavs become a lottery team thanks to Kyrie.
None of Kyrie's old fan bases misses him. They are all super happy, ecstatic about shipping his ass off.
Stop creating imaginary narratives like they were great with Kyrie. No, they were not.
You were not able to respond to any argument. Edit

Please use proper language and respectful phrases
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#188 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:12 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:As always, you talk BS to be Kyrie apologist.
Kyrie is a huge defensive liability. He also let rebounds go the other way. Against teams like Bulls, Grizzlies with lackluster offense, its nice to not have Kyrie-liability.

Celtics and Nets were super teams that failed miserably with Kyrie. Many playoff failures, let downs by Kyrie.
Lets look at the standings:
Celtics before Kyrie: 2016-17 Celtics 53-29
next two seasons: 49-33 and 55-27

Although the Celtics team got better due to Tatum, and Brown's development, they averaged 53 wins.

Nets before Kyrie: 2018-19 Nets 42-40
next three seasons:
2019-20 Nets 35-37, 2020-21 Nets 48-24, 2021-22 Nets 44-38

On average Nets won 42 wins in three seasons. Considering covid seasons have less games, we can say Nets had slightly better record. But then again that team got Kevin Durant and J.Harden as additions. How one can claim Kyrie brought wins? I mean the guy did not even play much. Kyrie averaged 30 games or sth per season.
Kyrie's last 6 years were all misery for the teams he went to. All fan bases hate him. And they started to hate him before kicking his ass out. Stop debating these facts.

My argument was Kyrie is needed for Nuggets game as Mavs will not be able to stop them defensively anyway. I think Mavs coaching also thought that and they let him rest against Bulls, Grizzlies. Mavs got better defense and rebounding thanks to not having Kyrie.

Is it easy to argue when you just ignore everything else that I comment because you can’t argue against it? If you’re gonna ignore stuff then at least admit you were wrong.

All of those teams were better with Kyrie then without. When he played they were good to great and that nets team would’ve won the championship. I’m not an apologist for pointing out that anyone saying that Dallas is better off if Kyrie doesn’t play just simply does not understand basketball. It doesn’t matter what game you talking about or what clips you pull up from a game that doesn’t even involve the Mavs.

What you simply lack the ability to understand is that Luka struggled in the game against the bulls because Kyrie was not there. If Kyrie was healthy and would’ve played then they would not have been able to double Luka all game, Luka would’ve had to play less minutes, and Dallas would’ve been a much better team when Luka was not on the court.

Stop crying.
Stop licking Kyrie's ass.
Stop hallucinating and saying Kyrie's teams played good to great with him.

He is the fool of the league by a wide margin. His super-teams sucked too much. Nets and Celtics became 'jokes' because of Kyrie's underperformance for the last 6 years. Even the Mavs become a lottery team thanks to Kyrie.
None of Kyrie's old fan bases misses him. They are all super happy, ecstatic about shipping his ass off.
Stop creating imaginary narratives like they were great with Kyrie. No, they were not.
You were not able to respond to any argument. Go lick Kyrie's ass elsewhere.

Cool it bud.

Dallas didn’t become a lottery team because of Kyrie. They were a lottery team because of defense. But they still needed to make that trade because putting everything on Luka’s shoulder is unsustainable.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#189 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:20 am

Stop with the non-sense.
Kyrie takes max money, and it takes a lot of players, picks to trade for him. Getting him = LOSING, UNDERPERFORMING

Mavs team was making playoffs each and every year. Without Kyrie trade, Mavs would make playoff again. Kyrie is tank-commander by himself. He is unsuccessful at being 20-win team just because having Tatum-Brown, Harden-Durant, and Luka. If it was up to Kyrie alone, we would see the same **** with his first 3 years with the Cavs...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#190 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 5:56 am

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

It's insane.

We’re counting and 1s? Lmao. Goodbye. If you ever actually want to have a real conversation about basketball then responds but your no longer worth it if this is how you measure your arguments.

Man, you was the first to talk about who are agree with our opinions and I just pointed out that no one agrees with you, even ejs78 admitted that he didn't think Powell is good at basketball :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you just try to find a way to escape the discussion it's ok...I'll pretend nothing happened, don't worry :wink:
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#191 » by ejs78 » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:32 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
No one add +1 to your Powell defending post but they did it with mine

It's insane.
Cuban is the dumbest guy in the world

Man, you was the first to talk about who are agree with our opinions and I just pointed out that no one agrees with you, even ejs78 admitted that he didn't think Powell is good at basketball

If you just try to find a way to escape the discussion it's ok...I'll pretend nothing happened, don't worry :wink:
Man you're sad. Why do you just keep twisting peoples words?

I've never admitted Powell was good because I've never thought he was good to begin with which has been stated. The whole point is being able to acknowledge when a player has a good game regardless of your thoughts of them.

HORAAY EMOJIS!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#192 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 6, 2023 6:42 am

ejs78 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Man, you was the first to talk about who are agree with our opinions and I just pointed out that no one agrees with you, even ejs78 admitted that he didn't think Powell is good at basketball

Man you're sad. Why do you just keep twisting peoples words?

I've never admitted Powell was good because I've never thought he was good to begin with which has been stated. The whole point is being able to acknowledge when a player has a good game regardless of your thoughts of them.

HORAAY EMOJIS!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Literally, if he ever bothered read instead of spam emojis he would know that I don't think Powell is good either. Not even as a backup. I can name a ton of backups better than him. However, Dwight objectively has some on court value in the right situation. I think Dallas needs a grown man backup who is 7ft 250 to complement the current center rotation we have and was suggesting trades yesterday for that to happen.

We're 6 games in, Dwight has been terrible 1 game, a good backup in 3, didn't play in 1, and had basically 0 impact in another.

Return to Dallas Mavericks