Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,875

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Magic (Tonight) 

Post#121 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:25 am

BeiBeau wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Is it Just me or does Kidd have the same rotations(substituion patern) every game?
Every opponent is different,you have to adjust the gameplan,rotations according to that...it seems like he has a minute distribution set in stone

Yup, the guy has one blueprint for everything and 0 capability to make adjustments. No news here.

Dallas is quite literally the best 2nd half team in the league. That’s adjustments.

He does something well at halftime but you're deliberately missing the point here which was rotations, rest patterns and substitutions.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#122 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:28 am

BeiBeau wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Both Green and Ky playing well during this run. Not sure what either of you are smoking rn :D

Can you smoke lack of basketball knowledge and haterism?

I have no idea what you're trying to express with your limited knowledge of the English language but I think it's hardly debatable that Green and Kyrie both played well during the run that turned the 15 point deficit into a lead - they're plus 10 and plus 18 respectively, both hit their shots and defended well.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#123 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 6:42 am

BeiBeau wrote:I was ready for Kidd to loosen Lively’s leash on defense so that he can really start to protect the rim. But it’s still way too early. Hopefully by all star break he can start dominating on that end.

I think he just needs to consistently stay out of foul trouble - with that being said the two moving screens on him today, that limited his playing time, were very ticky tacky to call imo. But it is what it is. Once he manages the foul situation better, he should be able to be more aggressive on defense.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#124 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 7:03 am

We dodged another bullet... Good finish by Kyrie and Luka, this year we are much better in clutch because their chemistry is improved a lot.

Horrible first half with Kidd and Powell tanking commanders, fortunately in the second half Orlando was worse than us in the first :lol:
They are young, it's normal. Good for us.

At the end of the day we are stacked here again with 28minutes Dwight Powell (and a 7-2-2 stat line) like i said, it's and infinite loop :banghead:

Unfortunately there are not 29 Hornets/Pistons/Magic... But that's very sad and just like every year we will pay that (mostly in PO). Badly.

It's true, people never learn the lesson :cry: :cry: :cry:

Btw a W is a W and it help, Lively played well but he has often foul problems like all rookie Cs. I'm not worried about that.

Josh, as Always, has great flashes but he lacks in continuity.

Grant solid.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,594

Post#125 » by Bob8 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 7:19 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
This man does not understand what injuries are.

I would advise you, not to going in conflict with other users, just for trying look smart.

What?

Nobody doubted they could play once the Mavs said they could play. But they both are literally dealing with nagging injuries. If you we’re every an athlete like you claim you were you would know that you tweak something and then it’s just all about how much you can tolerate the pain, how much the injury could get worse, and how much the injury limits your function.

But they were both listed on the injury report, so don’t be dumb.

It's time to get off your high horse.

They were on injury report, because they were deciding about load management or not, and not because both were injured. Business as usual in Nba in last years. In the end they both played without any kind of problems, 35+ minutes, looking pretty good, Kyrie with far the most energy this year and were instrumental for the win.

You can be sure that they wouldn't play, if there was even minimal chance, that their injury could get worse and any kind of strain could get worse.

They were load managing Luka in many back2back last year and consequently they were 3/10 in those games. I believe they shouldn't be throwing those games away that easily. In the end few wins might be the difference between making playoffs or not.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,987

Post#126 » by Apz » Tue Nov 7, 2023 8:59 am

Prefer being down 15 and turn it to a win then being up and lose like we did all last year. Think kyrie been getting better and better each game, and its nice to have someone for luka to pass the ball to when being doubled that doesnt take away a year of my life every time. 2 difficult but intresting games coming up.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#127 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 9:48 am

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
How soft are nowadays Nba players. 7th game for Luka and Kyrie has played only 4. Both should play.

This man does not understand what injuries are.

I would advise you, not to going in conflict with other users, just for trying look smart.

BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,128

Post#128 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 12:28 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Both Green and Ky playing well during this run. Not sure what either of you are smoking rn :D

I have no idea what you're trying to express with your limited knowledge of the English language but I think it's hardly debatable that Green and Kyrie both played well during the run that turned the 15 point deficit into a lead - they're plus 10 and plus 18 respectively, both hit their shots and defended well.

I was agreeing with you. Lol

You said what are they smoking. So I suggested lack of basketball knowledge and haterism as what they’re smoking.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,128

Post#129 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 12:34 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

What?

Nobody doubted they could play once the Mavs said they could play. But they both are literally dealing with nagging injuries. If you we’re every an athlete like you claim you were you would know that you tweak something and then it’s just all about how much you can tolerate the pain, how much the injury could get worse, and how much the injury limits your function.

They were on injury report, because they were deciding about load management or not, and not because both were injured. Business as usual in Nba in last years. In the end they both played without any kind of problems, 35+ minutes, looking pretty good, Kyrie with far the most energy this year and were instrumental for the win.

You can be sure that they wouldn't play, if there was even minimal chance, that their injury could get worse and any kind of strain could get worse.

They were load managing Luka in many back2back last year and consequently they were 3/10 in those games. I believe they shouldn't be throwing those games away that easily. In the end few wins might be the difference between making playoffs or not.

Teams load manage on b2b because the probability of injury increases significantly.

I agree with your assessment that they both played because the team determined that their injuries were not likely to get worse. But you still don’t believe they have injuries. And based on your comments in another thread I’m not sure you believe injuries exist.

Kyrie miss 2 games with his foot injury. Luka was limping against the Hornets and went to the locker room. I don’t understand how you can pretend they both don’t actually have injuries. Even if they’re not severe enough for them to not play.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#130 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:14 pm

Another ugly win, but as DAL fan, I will still take it.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,600

Post#131 » by Mavrelous » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:18 pm

The only problem with 0 garbage time games is that we haven't got a chance to see OMax at all, he looked really rough in pre-season, so I'm not expecting much.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,065

Post#132 » by daoneandonly » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:21 pm

Take every win you can, and there is some merit in keeping your composure and winnign games like these. But yeah, one game where we are clearly out front and allows the guys that dont get time like OMax to get some burn would be cool
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,594

Post#133 » by Bob8 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:29 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
What?

Teams load manage on b2b because the probability of injury increases significantly.

I agree with your assessment that they both played because the team determined that their injuries were not likely to get worse. But you still don’t believe they have injuries. And based on your comments in another thread I’m not sure you believe injuries exist.

Kyrie miss 2 games with his foot injury. Luka was limping against the Hornets and went to the locker room. I don’t understand how you can pretend they both don’t actually have injuries. Even if they’re not severe enough for them to not play.

I'm watching Luka since he started playing in Madrid. You shouldn't take his limping seriously unless he goes on the bench and doesn't return. In Q3 against Hornets, he was limping and Kidd wanted to change him, but he protested and didn't limp after that, playing entire Q4.

Normally if you feel strong pain in the muscle during activity you're toasted for a week at least and you're not GTD and play without any problems whatsoever in few hours time.

I don't know what kind of injuries they supposedly have, but they looked very good yesterday, especially Kyrie, who was sprinting all the time. He played with fantastic energy and pace, that's normally not the case with injured players.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#134 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:43 pm

But personally really want to see Holmes and Omax to have some playing time on court. Basically we traded Bertans for them, but for now, they are buried on the bench, just like Bertans. So what exactly we want to achieve for the trade.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,842

Post#135 » by dirkforpres » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:35 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:But personally really want to see Holmes and Omax to have some playing time on court. Basically we traded Bertans for them, but for now, they are buried on the bench, just like Bertans. So what exactly we want to achieve for the trade.

That trade also gave us use of the full MLE.

OMax wont help us this year, as hes not even close to being ready to take any minutes from Grant, DJJ, or Green.

I agree with you on Holmes though. I think he should be getting at least a couple minutes per game. Problem is that the Mavs havent had the luxury to be able to test out the end of bench guys yet because all of the games have been close. Maybe that changes tomorrow, but regardless you probably shouldnt expect much from Exum, OMax, or Holmes
FIRE JASON KIDD
BliscoSantos
Rookie
And1: 703

Post#136 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:45 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:But personally really want to see Holmes and Omax to have some playing time on court. Basically we traded Bertans for them, but for now, they are buried on the bench, just like Bertans. So what exactly we want to achieve for the trade.

That trade also gave us use of the full MLE.

OMax wont help us this year, as hes not even close to being ready to take any minutes from Grant, DJJ, or Green.

I agree with you on Holmes though. I think he should be getting at least a couple minutes per game. Problem is that the Mavs havent had the luxury to be able to test out the end of bench guys yet because all of the games have been close. Maybe that changes tomorrow, but regardless you probably shouldnt expect much from Exum, OMax, or Holmes

Exum can ball...he can playmake,he can Play off ball ,he can Play D...Green really isn't better than Exum, he's Just Younger...if an opportunity presents to get OG I wouldn't mind Mavs offering Green,Omax and some picks,although Green is kind of hard to trade now since he's Got the poison pill contract
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,531

Post#137 » by Dirk » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:57 pm

Apologise to Powell here.

60/21/10
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,842

Post#138 » by dirkforpres » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:33 pm

Dirk wrote:Apologise to Powell here.

We are in the twilight zone. This exact same thing happened at the beginning of last season too.

Out of the rotation -> solid sporadic bench minutes -> praise from fans -> thrust into starting lineup -> struggles mightily -> fans turn on him -> repeat

Here's to hoping the cycle is broken
FIRE JASON KIDD
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:41 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

I was agreeing with you. Lol

You said what are they smoking. So I suggested lack of basketball knowledge and haterism as what they’re smoking.

That didn't come across very clearly lol.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:44 pm

Dirk wrote:Apologise to Powell here.

He is a serviceable player. The problem is - like we said a million times on here - is that he gets badly exposed and abused in certain roles and matchups and unfortunately he gets thrown into those far too often.

Right now offensively its a wash between him and Lively but you can immediately see what a massive defensive impact it has having Lively at the 5 instead of Powell.

Kyrie and Luka setting each other up for back to back dagger 3s was a thing of beauty btw!

Return to Dallas Mavericks