Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,590

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Raptors (Nov 8) 

Post#141 » by Mavrelous » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:50 pm

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

This such a small data sample at this point.

I agree, but the same goes for other data that might show Lively in good light.

I just pasted this data, because it's still much more relevant data for comparison than on/off, netrtg...which are useful only for comparison between players of 1 team.

Depends how you look at it, he has 4.3 attempts on him, much lower than Brook Lopez for example, Chet for example has 2.5 times that, that's rim deterence...
Mavs played the Nets, which are jump shooting teams, Grizz w/o Ja, these will skew the numbers lower, but Nuggets and Hornets will skew it higher.
It's too early, but it's an interesting data to trqck.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#142 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 6:59 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
This such a small data sample at this point.

I agree, but the same goes for other data that might show Lively in good light.

I just pasted this data, because it's still much more relevant data for comparison than on/off, netrtg...which are useful only for comparison between players of 1 team.

Depends how you look at it, he has 4.3 attempts on him, much lower than Brook Lopez for example, Chet for example has 2.5 times that, that's rim deterence...
Mavs played the Nets, which are jump shooting teams, Grizz w/o Ja, these will skew the numbers lower, but Nuggets and Hornets will skew it higher.
It's too early, but it's an interesting data to trqck.

For sure much better than on/off, netrtg...;)
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,853

Post#143 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 7:55 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Post game thread title on Raps board is "Mavs Have No Dogs", couldn't make a better title if I tried, I hope this slap in the face brings them down to earth after the 6-1 Euphoria, regressing to last season ways is really close if you slack off like that...

Kyrie said that Kidd called them out after the game calling them soft :lol:

We'll see if that helps next time. But if Lively plays, Kidd will look like a genius again.

Well but did he notice today that our big package is soft? He is smart...
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#144 » by Michaellam1987 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:03 am

We are having a very soft schedule, dont be fool by the results.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#145 » by Teffer10 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:47 am

Michaellam1987 wrote:We are having a very soft schedule, dont be fool by the results.

I know, right?
We havent beaten a team that has a current winning record and have only played 1 that does...and lost to them.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#146 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:02 am

In October and November last year, Mavs had the following blunders:
Lost to OKC after leading by 14 with 3 minutes to go (OKC had a losing record last year and weren't as good as this year)
Lost to the Pelicans, w/o Zion, Ingram and Herb Jones
Lost to DEN w/o Jokic, Murray and Gordon.
Lost to ORL (bottom 5 team in the league)
Lost to the Wizards, w/o KP and Beal.
Lost to Houston and the Pistons, the worst 2 teams in the league, Kylian Hayes looked like Steph Curry, Mavs shot 20% from on 55!! attempts against the Rockets...
Lost to these Raptors, and unlike this year, they had aweful vibes around them...

The team couldn't close games, played uninspiring prevent offense in the last minutes, and couldn't defend, blew a 30 points lead against the Suns, blew a comfortable lead at home against the Bucks, Luka was about strangle Cuban that game, against good Celtics team, they looked like Wemby contenders, and that was an old team, all rotation players were 30 y/o+ except Luka.

This was a bad game, bad effort by the players, but it's been a good season so far, Raps, DEN and Wolves) are the worst matchup possible for them, team is young, criticism and skepticism is warranted, it always is, defense is still bad, TOs are higher, but also optimism and appreciation for the progress, this is a young team, Kyrie is the only starter older than 26, 2 of the bench guys are also young, with a project in OMax, hopefully joining later this year or next, Offense is looking good, defense in the 4th looks good, Kidd is trying some interesting things, I wouldn't be negative just yet...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#147 » by Michaellam1987 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:10 pm

Mavrelous wrote:In October and November last year, Mavs had the following blunders:
Lost to OKC after leading by 14 with 3 minutes to go (OKC had a losing record last year and weren't as good as this year)
Lost to Houston and the Pistons, the worst 2 teams in the league, Kylian Hayes looked like Steph Curry, Mavs shot 20% from on 55!! attempts against the Rockets...
Lost to these Raptors, and unlike this year, they had aweful vibes around them...

The team couldn't close games, played uninspiring prevent offense in the last minutes, and couldn't defend, blew a 30 points lead against the Suns, blew a comfortable lead at home against the Bucks, Luka was about strangle Cuban that game, against good Celtics team, they looked like Wemby contenders, and that was an old team, all rotation players were 30 y/o+ except Luka.

This was a bad game, bad effort by the players, but it's been a good season so far, Raps, DEN and Wolves) are the worst matchup possible for them, team is young, criticism and skepticism is warranted, it always is, defense is still bad, TOs are higher, but also optimism and appreciation for the progress, this is a young team, Kyrie is the only starter older than 26, 2 of the bench guys are also young, with a project in OMax, hopefully joining later this year or next, Offense is looking good, defense in the 4th looks good, Kidd is trying some interesting things, I wouldn't be negative just yet...

Actually there are no excuse. If you want to be a good team (not even championship level team), you have to have the ability to win against weak team in fashion, not only win in close game. This will not be possible if you are bad in defense, box out, rebounding, block, steal......e.g. even 1 FG made by Luka step back, will result into 2 fastbreak fieldgoal for 2 FG missed by his step back is not acceptable.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#148 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:14 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
Actually there are no excuse. If you want to be a good team (not even championship level team), you have to have the ability to win against weak team in fashion, not only win in close game. This will not be possible if you are bad in defense, box out, rebounding, block, steal......e.g. even 1 FG made by Luka step back, will result into 2 fastbreak fieldgoal for 2 FG missed by his step back is not acceptable.

Was 2022 Mavs team a good team? I think so...
Go back and watch their games late in the season against the Hornets and the Wizards, this was at the peak of their run, healthy, with amazing chemistry...
Bad games happen, new teams take time to gel, openning with 6-2 record is excellent start, anyone would've signed off on it...
Bob8
General Manager

Post#149 » by Bob8 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:56 pm

Mavrelous wrote:In October and November last year, Mavs had the following blunders:

On the other hand, Mavs were 6th before All Star break. I'm not sure we will be that good this year.

More or less all defensive stats are worse than last year.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#150 » by ejs78 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:59 pm

Bob8 wrote:

On the other hand, Mavs were 6th before All Star break. I'm not sure we will be that good this year.

Thought you had them winning about 45 games.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Bob8
General Manager

Post#151 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:30 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I thought that you can read what I'm writing. There's nothing about how many wins they will have in the end. I didn't even mention what will happen in the end.

I just find funny how everyone is writing how desperately bad they were last year, but they were well in contention for playoffs until they fell apart after All Star break. The truth is, that all problems they have last year, are exactly the same. The only optimistic thing is, that I believe Kyrie can bring some wins, when Luka doesn't play.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#152 » by ejs78 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:45 am

Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I thought that you can read what I'm writing. There's nothing about how many wins they will have in the end. I didn't even mention what will happen in the end.

I just find funny how everyone is writing how desperately bad they were last year, but they were well in contention for playoffs until they fell apart after All Star break. The truth is, that all problems they have last year, are exactly the same. The only optimistic thing is, that I believe Kyrie can bring some wins, when Luka doesn't play.
You can't understand what you implied.

Night Bob

Bob8
General Manager

Post#153 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:38 am

ejs78 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Thought you had them winning about 45 games.

You can't understand what you implied.

Night Bob

Not being 6th before All Star break and having 45 wins in the end is for sure possible.

Return to Dallas Mavericks